Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do straight guys treat gay guys mean? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys treat all guy meanly, it's called being guys.

(Original post by shahbaz)
    Then im screwed

perhaps , one day

ReputationRep:
    dunno, it's just banter. we dont take it seriously

(Original post by JayJay-C19)
    Yeah did I argue that? No I purely said that you're assuming men who like men love makeup and waxing purely because they like men. .
    no , ididnt say one thing was becuase of the other, dont make things up now. but the reality is vast majority of hetro men dont have those things as hobbies.

No. I don't know ANY gay men who do any of the things you stated bar a couple like the fashion side of things but that's of great interest to LOADS of heterosexual men considering so many males are sheep in todays world and follow whatever everyone else does aka fake tanning has now become a huge thing and that ridiculous haircut where they have all their sides shaved purely because joey essex did it. .
    i agree and i would gues things like waxing chest, fake tan/makeup and shaping eyebrows on men was first a gay cultural thing in the 1990s which some men have began to copy now. but still i would say majority of hetro men are into those things, prob jsut a minority - so explains again that hetro men have very differnt mindset and interest to gays

ReputationRep:
    As a straight guy I don't want to give a gay guy wrong 'signals' they can get pretty horny and force upon their urges when they see a hot piece come along.

Yeah did I argue that? No I purely said that you're assuming men who like men love makeup and waxing purely because they like men.
    no , ididnt say one thing was becuase of the other, dont make things up now. but the reality is vast majority of hetro men dont have those things as hobbies.
    No. I don't know ANY gay men who do any of the things you stated bar a couple like the fashion side of things but that's of great interest to LOADS of heterosexual men considering so many males are sheep in todays world and follow whatever everyone else does aka fake tanning has now become a huge thing and that ridiculous haircut where they have all their sides shaved purely because joey essex did it.
    i agree and i would gues things like waxing chest, fake tan/makeup and shaping eyebrows on men was first a gay cultural thing in the 1990s which some men have began to copy now. but still i would say majority of hetro men are iNOT nto those things, prob jsut a minority - so explains again that hetro men have very differnt mindset and interest to gays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Omg, good point.

Yeah true. Tbh white heterosexual males are pretty much the top of the social hierarchy and always have been (and probably always will be), and they, and everyone else, knows it.

I guess.. But even if it's not evident it feels like it's always bubbling on the surface, maybe it's just gay paranoia? But yeah, I personally believe that it is a mental illness in a way tbh, but that's irrelevant. And yeah you don't have to tell people true, but for some people it's impossible to hide their gayness, as I'm sure you're aware xD
    See the part in bold.

That is the same thing religious people do. There is nothing to believe. A fact is a fact, simple as that take it or leave it. There are no two ways about it unless of course you can prove otherwise and are fully accredited to do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I agree with the second part.

I'll keep telling myself that -________________________________ _______-
    I'm guessing you're a gay guy?

Why do you really want to make friends with a straight guy? Honestly, a friend is a friend, doesn't matter if they're a straight guy or not.

Just be friends with anyone, no matter the sexuality/gender, talk to people, and if they're nice then they won't judge/categorise you for being gay. If not, then you don't want them as friends.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.