The Student Room Group

Why are TSR users so anti-female?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cole-slaw
Given that feminism is the belief that men and women should be treated equally, and sexism is the belief that they shouldn't, then they form a logically exhaustive set. So to say that if you are anti feminist you are therefore sexist is in fact true by definition.

This is not a matter for debate, simply look up the definition of the two words if you don't believe me.

Feminism is an ideology. There is a strong standing of radical feminists who are particularly extreme in their views. They are not calling for equality of any kind, yet they still share the same banner of feminists. So to be anti radical feminism is still anti feminism. This what these young men are opposing, and this is what they feel threatened by.
Original post by DiddyDec
Feminism is an ideology. There is a strong standing of radical feminists who are particularly extreme in their views. They are not calling for equality of any kind, yet they still share the same banner of feminists. So to be anti radical feminism is still anti feminism. This what these young men are opposing, and this is what they feel threatened by.

There are all sorts of nutters who believe in all sorts of ridiculous things. Ignore them; I do.

Just because some mentalist claims to be a feminist doesn't change the basic definition of feminism though.

I could say I'm a libertarian and I believe in Martians. Does that mean libertarianism is now defined as the belief in Martians? Of course not. Apply same logic to insane misandrist radfems.
Original post by cole-slaw
There are all sorts of nutters who believe in all sorts of ridiculous things. Ignore them; I do.

Just because some mentalist claims to be a feminist doesn't change the basic definition of feminism though.

I could say I'm a libertarian and I believe in Martians. Does that mean libertarianism is now defined as the belief in Martians? Of course not. Apply same logic to insane misandrist radfems.

There is more to it than that though. Many men do not feel that the feminist movement does not represent them.

I have not seen any prominent feminist organisations campaigning for equal custody of children post-divorce, which is something that has effected my life significantly. Nor have I seen more women being encouraged to go into the more dangerous professions which men currently dominate. Men's reproductive rights is another key issue where men do not feel represented by feminism. The list goes on.

If more men are to back feminism then there needs to be some change in the goals of feminism to focus more than they do so on men, as their current standing is very female centric. If the goal is to create equality of both men and women, surely they must focus on the problems of both genders rather than the needs of one.
Original post by TolerantBeing
Theories? :lolwut:

Rubbish, outside of TSR I barely ever hear about feminism. But on here, the anti-feminism threads keep coming and coming. You all need to find a new interest, a relevant one.

I'm afraid you are incorrect. The amount of feminist bile I hear from young women of my age (23) is scary. Most worrying of all is that when I first met many of these women in my late teens they were perfectly rational and balanced young women. Feminism soon put a stop to that.
Fight the oppressors! Fight feminism! :fuhrer:
Original post by Secretnerd123
Tsr is either made up of white knights or woman haters. No inbetween :lol:

You can bugger off then :hmmm:

Original post by DiddyDec
Freedom of speech. Why should people be banned from criticising women but not criticising men? Is that not a double standard?

Freedom of speech does not exist on forums.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You can bugger off then :hmmm:

Uwotm8

Original post by Secretnerd123
Uwotm8

You heard me :mad:

:tongue:
because virgins.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

You heard me :mad:

:tongue: