Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most annoying teacher phrases Watch

Announcements
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    I feel your pain! All girls schools have the worst toilets in the history of toilets.
    How would you know what our toilets are like? O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    How would you know what our toilets are like? O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm a girl

ReputationRep:
    There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    I'm a girl
    Are you?? :0

Oh my goodness, I didn't realise at all!! :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My favourite has to be: "you wouldn't do this at work then why do it at school?". It's true though!

ReputationRep:
    LoL

ReputationRep:
    "The cleaners refused to clean the form room yesterday... because it was MESSY!"

"They're not called 'free' periods... they're called STUDY periods!"

Period 1: "The bell is the signal for me to end the lesson soon, not for you to pack up and leave."
    Period 2: "You should be lined up outside this door WHILE the bell is ringing."

"The library was left in an absolute state last night. Therefore we are going to lock it. It's sad that a few individuals ruin it for everyone. If you know who did it please come forward."
    - one day later, after many complaining phone-calls from parents -
    "The perpetrators have confessed! Library's open again." :rolleyes: Did they seriously think anyone believed them?

ReputationRep:
    It was a common theme with my science teachers having a thing against the arts/creative subjects. They always used to say "Well, if you're finding this too hard then you can always study film and media".

I did Drama. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Stop chewing gum you look like a bored cow
    You forgot to do your homework, did you forget to have your dinner last night?
    Did I say you could pack up?, only when they don't have to leave
    Can I ask you a question? You just did my dear.
    How old do you think I am? Awkward silence
    It's dangerous to drink in a lab! Their Costa juice is on the table
    On parents evening- she's shy, she should participate more. well excuse me if I am not interested about what you did at the weekend!

ReputationRep:
    "I don't like giving homework but it's the rules"

ReputationRep:
    'Walk!'(When you were running')
    When you were whispering to your mate in class 'would like to stand up and share your conversation with the rest of the class'
    When you were in primary infants 'youre not in nursery anymore. You should know better than this' when you in juniors 'youre not in infants anymore..' when you were in secondary 'youre not primary school children anymore. .'

ReputationRep:
    "Something's obviously funny, would you like to share it with the rest of us?"

"No I'm not telling you my first name, it's private" yet other teachers saw no problem in telling you.

Also when it looked as if someone wasn't listening, they would challenge this person to tell them what had just been said. Usually backfired when there person was actually listening so something like "next time face the front" was used as a reserve remark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    The story about a boy leaning back on his chair who fell, cracked his head and died.
    I got told a variation on that. There was a boy swinging back on his chair with a pen lid in his mouth, then fell back and choked to death on the pen lid

ReputationRep:
    I actually quite like this, because it wound people up so much. This teacher was the wettest guy you could imagine. Kids would walk all over him but when he brought out this line it infuriated them. It went like this.

"Tim, stop doing that please".
    " siiiiiir I'm not doing anything..."
    "I know... That's the problem"

Chaos ensues.

ReputationRep:
    Math teacher: "If you don't do your homework then your lifeskills will decrease!" (Even though there are many things to do)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasaur)
    In my school, that phrase was necessary! The cleaners had to get hepatitis shots because students were urinating on the floor and pooping on the toilet lids. It's horrendous to walk into the girls' toilets, only to find a used sanitary towel stuck to the wall.

There was so much litter outside that we ended up with seagulls nesting on the school roof, waiting for food. It pains me to say that I've been pooped on at lunch. Multiple times.
    Yikes! I'm guessing this is East London/Birmingham/Leicester/Luton/Bradford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly789)
    "This is the most important year of your life"

"I hope I didn't hear what I thought I heard"

"This is your future not mine"

"Even if you fail I still get my pay packet at the end of the month"

"You should be a role model for the younger students"

"Tuck your shirt in"

"Be quiet while the register is being done- I must get this right, if theres a fire and I miss someone out they could die"

"Stop copying him/her they are not going to be with you in the exam"

"If you're sitting next to someone who you think will disrupt you move now"

"Take responsibility of your own education"

"You won't be spoon fed in the outside world"
    Prety much everything a teacher said to me at rm least one a day

(Original post by H0ls)
    I hate when a teacher would have a conversation with the class about making a mess in the form room and how the cleaners had complained about the mess. "It's not their job to clean up after you" But it is though, isn't it?
    In ouren school we had break out space when every there was a mess in then head of year would tell uses they not there to clean then year group would say but yes they are three to clean

(Original post by TheTechN1304)
    "I don't like giving homework but it's the rules"
    One of my teacher would uses this not 4o give homework as he class room was unfit to teach in he made a an point of sayingUn that loudly as headteacher walk in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "The bell is for me. Not for you."

That one was used so often and it was very irritating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    "Close your eyes and milk this cow udder" Hated that one
    What in the world does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    when we used to tell the teachers that they got the same amount of holidays as us- "I've got my marking!"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.