Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Benefits Britain:life on the dole ? Opinions Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm passed caring. My family is wealthy and I've tried to say we should leave the EU and push for change as a sovereign nation ruling 100% of itself yet when you tell this to people they would rather listen to the **** spouted by the politically driven media. The poor and lower middle classes will get what they deserve to be quite blunt about it - income inequality will continue to increase yet people due to being brainwashed will accept it.

Why should people bother? No point in me stressing out about it trying to invoke change. Rather do my thing now and sod off to a country with common sense like Australia or Canada. When the UK fully turns into the EU's cesspit you'll only have yourselves to blame. Merkel will love it as will the majority of the EU that loathe Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Much prefer criminality tbh. Gives us much more of a buzz and sense of satisfaction than the workplace/the bennies could ever provide.

ReputationRep:
    Last night's edition that included "Silver" who has the bling & rides around on a scooter.
    He got his benefits doubled due to inability to work / illness.

Maybe I don't understand but surely this is an incentive to get & remain sick?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.