Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are all whiny threads from men about women due to lack of sex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    There quite a few threads on TSR about how men are being oppressed, disadvantaged and mistreated by women and feminists.

I was wondering if it all boils down to the thread starters having problems forming intimate relationships with women because they are entitled whiny little boys.
    If only I had more rep left.

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic white knight thread. It's funny how feminists hate generalisations until they start using them to attack others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    You don't understand. I said your argument is from ignorance, this does not imply there are such threads.
    If you cannot refute the veracity of my point then why is "my argument from ignorance"?

Do I not cognitively function on the same intellectual plane as yourself?

ReputationRep:
    So many questions for this thread:

Why is the virgin male always the obeject of ridicule? Why are we assuming that only lonely virgin males start these threads? What does this thread aim to achieve? Are we so simplistic in our thinking, that we think threads about women only exist becuase of sexual fustration?

ReputationRep:
    I think there needs to be a distinction made on this thread between 'being anti-feminist' and 'making misogynistic anti-feminist, anti-women threads'. There are many people coming on here saying that they dislike feminism, but aren't a sex-starved loser. The fact is, these people are not the ones making 5 threads a day about how women are always *****ing and that they are inferior, entitled, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    You don't understand. I said your argument is from ignorance, this does not imply there are such threads.
    So let me get this straight. You have made a thread complaining about threads that don't exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    Most of the guys that whine on here about lack of sex & girls have serious entitlement issues, they rate girls out of ten mock girls that they don't think they are pretty enough if they make friends with a girl they think they are then entitled to sex to then throw their toys out of the pram, when she declines. They make threads complaining that girls look ugly without makeup and they feel deceived how anyone can feel sorry for them is beyond me, as many of these guys don't see women as human beings but as blow up dolls, who should look pretty and have every orifice available for their use. I'm pretty alarmed that most of the society board is these "lonely" men *****ing about women,
    You think guys who get laid aren't equally as misogynistic and entitled ?

Some of the guys on here are always like " omg the way you talk about women no wonder your still virgin " , really and truly oft the most misogynistic guys have got laid plenty of times.

Some girls just like being treated like dirt sorry .

I'm not a misogynist btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    I think there needs to be a distinction made on this thread between 'being anti-feminist' and 'making misogynistic anti-feminist, anti-women threads'. There are many people coming on here saying that they dislike feminism, but aren't a sex-starved loser. The fact is, these people are not the ones making 5 threads a day about how women are always *****ing and that they are inferior, entitled, etc.
    To be honest, most anti-feminist thread are not started by such people.

It's usually the minority of people who comment on such threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nam92)
    What problem? There is no problem. You're single/ you were single for a long time. It's not a problem. It's not 'feminism'. It's life.

I really can't believe the mentality of people on this thread, on TSR and (scarily) in this world. Why can't I be picky?? Men are picky. Women are picky. Why would anybody go out with somebody who they're not attracted to physically and personality wise? Just so you can be happy?

We are not 'spoilt for choice'. There is approximately a 50/50 male to female ratio in this country. Believe it or not, there are also single women out there. We do not all automatically get Ryan Gosling-like boyfriends when we hit puberty.

I was single for a long time and I liked people who didn't like me back. Yes, it sucked because rejection sucks. But I didn't go around blaming the opposite sex.
    Do me a favour, go on tinder (or a dating app of your choice), I bet you will have no problem getting matches, which if you choose will lead to sex/rships and then come back to me.

http://ampp3d.mirror.co.uk/2014/05/2...t-to-anything/

"A third of men swiped “right” or “LIKE” to James, our cookie monster profile picture. Even though he was called James. And they were looking for women."

women on there:

"ZERO women “swiped right”. 100% NOPE. Sorry James."

Its clear which sex is less desperate, and is more likely to find the dating game easier. Due to the other playing the numbers game for a reason.

P.S.

I am not saying that women dont struggle, but generally they have the upperhand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    Do me a favour, go on tinder (or a dating app of your choice), I bet you will have no problem getting matches, which if you choose will lead to sex/rships and then come back to me.

http://ampp3d.mirror.co.uk/2014/05/2...t-to-anything/

"A third of men swiped “right” or “LIKE” to James, our cookie monster profile picture. Even though he was called James. And they were looking for women."

women on there:

"ZERO women “swiped right”. 100% NOPE. Sorry James."

Only because its 50/50 proportion does not mean the ratio of single:taken is the same. Which is why you get a lot more single guys writing threads on here than women.
    How can you assume I'll get a date just because I'm female? You don't even know what I look like or what my personality is like.

The fact that you're basing your argument on a 'study' by the Mirror about Tinder is just...wow

How can there be a higher proportion of taken women if we're going with the 50/50 ratio? If x number of heterosexual women are in relationships so are x number of heterosexual men...:unsure:

Look, I don't know anything about you or your relationship status, but believe me when I say there are lonely females out there. We don't all get dates just because we have vaginas.

ReputationRep:
    Just pointing out that many guys who struggle with the opposite sex do not behave like that towards women.

Also there are guys that can easily pull that are sexist etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nam92)
    How can you assume I'll get a date just because I'm female? You don't even know what I look like or what my personality is like.

The fact that you're basing your argument on a 'study' by the Mirror about Tinder is just...wow
    The study being conducted by the mirror is irrelevant. The point is they went through the effort to do that, have you?

It's a well known fact that men play the numbers game on these type of apps, because they don't find it easy to get matches.

Here is a couple of more examples from TSR to demonstrate my point:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...woman%20tinder

I am having one of those ultra bored days so signed up for tinder. I am average looking so
    expected nothing exciting. Yet apparently I am matched with every guy I swipe right. Is this legit?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...10&postcount=9

“Female, 25 (was 24 when I used it), 3 (probably a 4 in the pics I used!).
    Got it when it was really popular and pretty much everyone was using it where I live. I'd say
    about 90% of the people I swiped I got a match with (that's not being big headed, it's just
    what happens to a lot of girls).
    At one point I was talking to about 20 different guys at the
    same time and it got ridiculous.
    I had over 100 matches on the side bar. I deleted it for a
    while but then something drew me back in.
    Tinder is also not a bad thing to use to demonstrate my point, given that people use it to hook up/date etc.

The last girl, she said she was talking to 20 different guys, and you are trying to get me to believe that women are not spoilt for choice?

I wish I was talking to 20 women at one time off tinder. Doesn't happen.

How can there be a higher proportion of taken women if we're going with the 50/50 ratio? If x number of heterosexual women are in relationships so are x number of heterosexual men...:unsure:
    Can you provide hard evidence, because it kind of comes across as you are plucking a figure out of the cloud. Anyway, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, if it works like this, why are there so many guys complaining they cannot get into relationships.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3&postcount=54

Here are a couple of threads on here, where the guy has asked for help:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2392314

"help me improve my image. Girls only" by socialnoob

If this guy was how you described, why would he ask women to help him with his appearance?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=848144

"29 and still a virgin"
    So if your figure is correct, why are both of these guys in this predicament? Especially that 29 year old? I know the first guy plays the numbers game, but has mixed results.

They are both active in the dating scene clearly, but are not getting anywhere?

Contrast that to the female TSR user talking to 20 guys and openly talking about how its easy to get matches on tinder?

Look, I don't know anything about you or your relationship status, but believe me when I say there are lonely females out there. We don't all get dates just because we have vaginas.
    I don't dispute that, but at the same time, women are likely to have it easier.

p.s

Even if the ratio between men and women is correct, you are assuming that every single one is a hetrosexual. When a lot may be gays - the ratio may also not always be 50:50, members of both sexes may leave the country (have partners else-ware) and so on.

We live in a globalised economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    There quite a few threads on TSR about how men are being oppressed, disadvantaged and mistreated by women and feminists.

I was wondering if it all boils down to the thread starters having problems forming intimate relationships with women because they are entitled whiny little boys.
    Perhaps for some people but not for others.

Some people do not like feminism, the consortium of 'rights', equality, diversity etc. Because they see it as an attack on the traditional nation, family, Christianity and state of being and they see these
    Things as promises for a better world but actually delivering a worse world of separateness, sloth, degradation and selfishness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilem)
    Quite frankly I'm not surprised these people can't get laid. A lot of the posters here genuinely believe that men are superior to women and that sort of attitude is obviously not entirely conducive to forming healthy relationships with women.
    This.

Lmao, reading through this thread it COMPLETELY proves the OP's point.

I'm cackling :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puma21)
    Pathetic white knight thread. It's funny how feminists hate generalisations until they start using them to attack others.
    That's because feminists are liberals who believe they are setting women free in an oppressive world. Problem is liberals only like to be liberal when it suits them and their aims. They are more than happy to oppress others to reach those freedoms which shows the blunt hypocrisy of what they are actually doing.

This thread is a clear white knighting thread which is hilarious because it's far more likely that a person that feels the need to white knight to such a level on the internet is the one with an unhappy sex life and is desperately trying to seek the approval of females on this forum to achieve those aims.

Not that it really matters but most people I know who oppose radical feminism, males and females, tend to be very attractive or at least decent looking and having quite a lot of sex.

Most radical feminists suffer from an inferiority complex, drama queens who get emotional about frivolous things and are often ugly and therefore feel the need to bash men who wouldnt give them the time of day otherwise.

I've never seen one extremely good looking radical feminist and that's because good looking women can have who they want a lot of the time and don't feel the need to moan about such online.

Feminism is the set of ideologies whose aim is to redistribute the natural allocation of access to desirable men. It is Marxism in the Sexual, rather than Economic Marketplace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)

Are you suggesting that if someone were perfectly capable of forming intimate relationships with women, there's no way they could possibly have any complaint about them, or about feminism, because in reality they're all absolutely perfect princesses (or whatever the feminist equivalent of that might be)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    This thread is a clear white knighting thread which is hilarious because it's far more likely that a person that feels the need to white knight to such a level on the internet is the one with an unhappy sex life and is desperately trying to seek the approval of females on this forum to achieve those aims.
    +1

ReputationRep:

Its clear which sex is less desperate, and is more likely to find the dating game easier. Due to the other playing the numbers game for a reason.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-8626107.html

Plenty of Fish dating site founder pulls 'Intimate Encounters' option to ward off sleazy men

Markus Frind says only 6,041 of 3.3m daily users were women looking for no-strings sex
    Virtually every woman on that site has clicked the option ''Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.''

ReputationRep:
    So basically:

Men on tinder swipe 'yes' to most females. Females on tinder do not. So what? There's no point in being jealous/angry at the girl talking to 20 guys on tinder. Envy the guys who are talking to 20 girls at once.

On TSR, men ask for advice/complain about being single more than women do (or you're just choosing to read more of the male posts). Regarding the posts, you do not know the reasons they're not getting dates. They're only posting what they want you to know. The fact that they're spending their time b***hing on here is a massive clue.

Guess what...TSR and Tinder are not representative of the actual world. Maybe if you realised this, you won't be so angry at women because they don't like your Tinder profile.

Good luck with your future relationship quests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-8626107.html

Virtually every woman on that site has clicked the option ''Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.''
    What's your point?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.