Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What body shape is cheryl cole considered? an hourglass? Or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)
    :nothing: Lol here we go.

You have nerve. I state my opinion and you come to me and say 'she does look it.' Over and over. It is dogmatic and antagonising. Don't play the victim card again with me. You're dismissed. :closedeyes: Time to ignore.

And in my eyes, Cole is no hourglass OP. Easily mistaken for an hourglass would be like Scarlet Johannsen or Kim K, I'd say.
    scarlet johannsen kind of looks like she has a jelly belly

Also There are a few people waist to hip ratios I'd like to mention that are higher than Cheryl cole's like Jessica Biel Sophia Vergara and Jennifer Lawrence. They'd all be considered hourglass yet their waist to hip ratios are above .7. While Cheryl Cole's is lower therefore more pronounce.

I could provide measurements and a whr calculator to prove my point.

So saying she has no hips is quite untrue in comparison to her waist size hers are more prominent.

http://healthyceleb.com/jessica-biel...tatistics/1809

http://healthyceleb.com/jennifer-law...tatistics/3773

http://healthyceleb.com/sofia-vergar...statistics/858

http://www.healthcalculators.org/cal.../waist_hip.asp

scarlett johanson is also the same waist to hip ratio as Cheryl cole.
    So if she's not hourglass due to her hips in proportion to her waist neither is scarlet.

http://healthyceleb.com/scarlett-joh...statistics/803

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Is it just me that finds all this body shape 'analysis' of attractive women a little pathetic?
    Cole - looks good to me
    Beyonce - looks good to me
    Kim K - looks good to me
    etc.
    well hell yeah kim k is the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. This is actually why I thought a thin hipped woman could never be in the same category as her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justagirl20)
    well hell yeah kim k is the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. This is actually why I thought a thin hipped woman could never be in the same category as her.
    To me they are examples of attractive women with very different (but still attractive) bodies. I really couldn't care what the tape measure and body shape text book might say, I'm more interested in what my eyes tell me.

ReputationRep:
    To me they are examples of attractive women with very different (but still attractive) bodies. I really couldn't care what the tape measure and body shape text book might say, I'm more interested in what my eyes tell me.
    well any body shape can be attractive that wasn't what I was talking about really. I think as far as what shape is better would rely on what's healthiest usually the healthiest and strongest shape are inverted triangles since the way they gain weight is in the bust and not hips or waistline as both pears and apples have proven to have health risks. I'd think the drawback to being a pear might exist for the hourglass too. But anyhow, the best shape is to be in shape no matter where you gain weight it's best to just maintain it. But it's not about health or beauty that I'm talking about for me it's sorta weird. With this shape I'm talking about in the thread she doesn't fit in any and I have her shape and seriously have a harder time dressing because Inverted triangles don't completely apply. And hourglass advice doesn't fit perfectly. I kind of think it's a mix. I just wanted to ask what most saw her as and share my experience with having an inbetween shape as well. It's not though about beauty. She looks nice not as nice as kim but still nice.

ReputationRep:
    well any body shape can be attractive that wasn't what I was talking about really. I think as far as what shape is better would rely on what's healthiest usually the healthiest and strongest shape are inverted triangles since the way they gain weight is in the bust and not hips or waistline as both pears and apples have proven to have health risks. I'd think the drawback to being a pear might exist for the hourglass too. But anyhow, the best shape is to be in shape no matter where you gain weight it's best to just maintain it. But it's not about health or beauty that I'm talking about for me it's sorta weird. With this shape I'm talking about in the thread she doesn't fit in any and I have her shape and seriously have a harder time dressing because Inverted triangles don't completely apply. And hourglass advice doesn't fit perfectly. I kind of think it's a mix. I just wanted to ask what most saw her as and share my experience with having an inbetween shape as well. It's not though about beauty. She looks nice not as nice as kim but still nice.
    OK, I get the "dressing" thing, but you have a hard time with your wardrobe despite having a body similar to Cheryl Cole? Really?
    Personally I prefer a curvier shape to Cheryl, but that's kind of OT.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have a hard time for trousers. Big waist tiny legs. I have to get 32in short and cut the bottom of the legs off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OK, I get the "dressing" thing, but you have a hard time with your wardrobe despite having a body similar to Cheryl Cole? Really?
    Personally I prefer a curvier shape to Cheryl, but that's kind of OT.
    Well my proportions just a smaller/slimmer version of Jessica biel's so obviously how I dress would be a struggle because none of my measurements are the same. But all of them are significantly bigger than my waistline.

this is how I prefer to dress
    tips:

Remember to always define your waist.

If you are wearing looser clothes, then remember to always retain a balance on your top or bottom half. For example, if you are going to wear a loose top, then wear fitted jeans or the other way around.

Always try and enhance the natural curves of your body.

Avoid too much layering.

http://www.birdlineblog.com/2014/04/...type-neat.html

Which is a neat hourglass. Only thing is my shoulders and bust are too big for this. So it defines my shape. Most of the time like it. But to balance out is more the challenge. Most fitted clothing give curves on my lower and top half just more extreme on the bottom. So I like wearing jeans that bring out my hips and butt as well. But most of my wardrobe is as above states.

Also Cheryl cole is more curvy than most women in the USA since most are rulers. And even many celebs as most do not have a 14 inches difference in the bust to waist region along with hips. I'm 13" and still it's a lot and brings issues on what shirts to wear. Because if it's good in the bust it's too big in the chest. If it's good in the waist my shoulders and bust will break the sleeves and top of the shirt.

ReputationRep:

But am I the only one who thinks in the face she resembles Selena Gomez? :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    As for the rest of this thread I just cba :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:

But am I the only one who thinks in the face she resembles Selena Gomez? :cookie:
    selena gomez is not white lol. Kind of obvious...

I guess she looks like beyonce too lol.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway as I said:

The two look alike. :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyway as I said:

The two look alike. :closedeyes:

no but Catherine zeta jones looks like her

more than this chick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I have a hard time for trousers. Big waist tiny legs. I have to get 32in short and cut the bottom of the legs off

Posted from TSR Mobile

when I was younger I fit clothing best around my waistline tbh.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    when I was younger I fit clothing best around my waistline tbh.
    I'm just short and wide

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have on some sites they call her an hourglass despite her measurements being 34C-23-33. I'm wondering because I notice her top has the same upward curves more extreme. Why or why not? Why do some people think this shape is an hourglass?

So which shape do you think she'd be?
    http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-ad...s-overview.php

I think these two shapes describe her best.

http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-ad...-hourglass.php

http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-ad...d-triangle.php
    She has all the qualifications for a neat hourglass seemingly except that htop and bottom being the same size in clothes. Likely her top half is bigger in clothing size but not by a lot because of her waistline. Otherwise one could argue all other requirements fit. She has bust and hips and shoulders at least 10 inches bigger than the waistline and her butt's not flat. Along with her hips being curved compared to her waistline. And all so I'm torn between the two.

But for inverted triangle her waist is too defined she doesn't have a cluttered look and her hips and bottom aren't flat. But she definitely has the top heavy proportions shoulders to hips and bust to hips that inverted triangles have so I'm torn.
    I swear you were asking this same **** on lipstick alley (not that I use that forum, but I've seen a couple threads.) no she is not an hourglass, she is an inverted triangle. And arent you the person that's obsessed with body shapes?

ReputationRep:
    She's fairly hot regardless, why is this a big discussion?

ReputationRep:
    She's hot.....Would do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.