Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    No, it really isn't. There's no such thing as a loophole in this context.

It would be defined firstly as a revolver due to the chambers; rather than the barrel length.

Second, it would be prohibited as a self-loading rifled gun not chambered for .22. The CPS make special provision for firearms that try to pass off as different classes.
    This is counted as a "long barreled" pistol which comes under a FAC. Also it is not self loading in this case which allows it to be chambered to a .357.

Also it is counted as a legal firearm as it has a barrel of 30cm and overall length of 60 cm as set out by the Firearms Act 1968 Section 5 (aba).

Any long-barreled pistols with dimensions greater than those stipulated in section 5(1)(aba) of the 1968 Act (such as the long barreled Uberti Cattleman revolver) are not caught by
    this section of the Act and may legally be held on a firearm certificate.
    Sources: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...gLawJune14.pdf

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    This is counted as a "long barreled" pistol which comes under a FAC. Also it is not self loading in this case which allows it to be chambered to a .357.

Also it is counted as a legal firearm as it has a barrel of 30cm and overall length of 60 cm as set out by the Firearms Act 1968 Section 5 (aba).

Sources: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...gLawJune14.pdf

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/5
    That's the opposite of what you started out saying.

If it's a double action revolver, how is it not self-loading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    That's the opposite of what you started out saying.

If it's a double action revolver, how is it not self-loading?
    You can get them single action for larger calibers or double action for .22

It is under the same laws that govern rifles i.e size, caliber, firing mechanism, Licensing etc...

ReputationRep:
    one of my friends lives on a farm and they own an antique indian elephant hunting musket- it's huge, i promise you that whatever crazed gun you are picturing in your mind, it isn't far from the truth. i would have 4 of these... mounted on my car... on swivel mounts... with laser sights.

ReputationRep:
    I'd get one of these Israeli beasts. Throw a foregrip, EOTech with flip up magnifier and a tac light on it and I'm ready. Also add to that a Glock 19 pistol as a back up.Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1405985385.113317.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  155.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't have one. I would be too scared I would use in the heat of a temper or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    Same, my father uses the firearms to go hunting every weekend; he likes to bring back a pheasant or two, with the occasional deer or kangaroo thrown in for extras
    Kangaroo? Where does your dad live?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and as many and the best one you're allowed to own I guess, pistol as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would, a small glock for when I sit at the back of the bus with the local council estate yoof

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    No you don't, how are you supposed to clean a gun when you are treating it as if it is loaded? You would never look down the barrel to check if it was clean, constantly in fear of having your head blown off.
    Ok, I think if a weapon was dissembled, you could safely assume it's not gonna misfire at you. But otherwise ...

The 'always treat it as loaded' is a core tenant of weapon handling, but it's not a rule. It's just that if you follow it as much as you can, it reduces injuries through NDs.

ReputationRep:
    Defo this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd2jZ...XMSmU9dQg#t=10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
    What's so good about an Uni?
    *Uzi

Everything

The design was an impressing feat of engineering, in that they managed to reduce the length of the weapon by fitting the magazine into the handle, making them really compact for the power you would be getting and really well balanced.

They're known for being easy to repair being made from so few moving parts

They look badass and you'll feel like a gangster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    Why or why not? What kind of firearm would you buy?
    Firearms are legal however you need to have a license, it's harder to get a licence in the UK than it is in the US, as far as i know the only people that can legally hold/wield a firearm are farmers, Olympian shooters and the UK version of SWAT

As for whether i would have one ... no, that old phrase around knives "If you carry a knife you're more likely to be stabbed yourself", although if you become a licensed Martial Artist and your MA teaches you how to use a Katana, you can legally own one (however the blade has to be dulled)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    *Uzi

Everything

The design was an impressing feat of engineering, in that they managed to reduce the length of the weapon by fitting the magazine into the handle, making them really compact for the power you would be getting and really well balanced.

They're known for being easy to repair being made from so few moving parts

They look badass and you'll feel like a gangster
    I don't like Uzis. They lack stopping power. If i was to get a similar gun, the mac 10 (45 ACP) would be better IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I'd have one.

I'll need it for....ballistic tests....yes...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Uzis. They lack stopping power. If i was to get a similar gun, the mac 10 (45 ACP) would be better IMO.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnjiy85ExcA

:cool:

Suck. It. Up.

ReputationRep:
    Pop culture doesn't portray combat realistically. But if you like the Uzi then it's your choice and I would respect it.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    Firearms are legal however you need to have a license, it's harder to get a licence in the UK than it is in the US, as far as i know the only people that can legally hold/wield a firearm are farmers, Olympian shooters and the UK version of SWAT

As for whether i would have one ... no, that old phrase around knives "If you carry a knife you're more likely to be stabbed yourself", although if you become a licensed Martial Artist and your MA teaches you how to use a Katana, you can legally own one (however the blade has to be dulled)
    Think you are allowed to own even a shinken (live blade) without practising martial arts. But you can't carry it around without legitimate cause and it must be covered.

I own an iaito (blunt katana) for use in iaido.

ReputationRep:
    a bazooka

ReputationRep:
    Pop culture doesn't portray combat realistically. But if you like the Uzi then it's your choice and I would respect it.
    The moment you said the Mac-10 is better was an invitation for me not to take you seriously by posting a stupid video

Best for not overheating - Uzi
    Best range - Uzi
    Best accuracy - Uzi
    Best muzzle velocity - Uzi

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.