Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "Be patient."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Oh okay, that's better then.

Don't be pessimistic

Also, I'm planning on becoming a scientist (probably, a toxicologist) so... and I want to discover stuff. I'm sure you will!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds interesting.

I'm also not a scientist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    In the third week of my AS year my biology teacher said she noticed I was struggling and would do better if I switched to BTEC Level 3 Applied Biology. I assured her I was fine but ended up getting an E It seemed like terrible advice at the time but I wish I had listened.

'Your best is good enough' - my mum among others. I tried my best with AS Biology and got an E. Is that good enough? No. Many other examples but it seems I'm still hung up about biology today
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    "Take A-level Maths."
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    That sounds interesting.

I'm also not a scientist
    Jajajaaa! :awesome:

Studied physics, likes physics, has physics degree= physicist. You are a physicist. Try me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Don't change yourself in high school to fit in. Be yourself"

I had such a bad time being myself. High school was hell. If only I had pretended to be cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatNorthernLad)
    "Be patient."
    People tell me this a lot, as well. I find it very frustrating because I want everything all the time right now!

There is some merit to it, though. Sometimes, you really do just have to be patient. I learnt that the hard way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    :console:
    Thanks

I've got offers from unis so it hasn't held me back that much to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Thanks

I've got offers from unis so it hasn't held me back that much to be honest.
    I was going to say something like **** happens, doesn't matter in the long run.

But I was concerned that would be patronising and trite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furandesu)
    Once when asking for advice on how to improve my coursework, my teacher looked at me blankly and went 'You'll know what to do, just...do it.'
    I got something similar: my English teachers told me to 'write like me' with no explanation. Needless to say, I now have a crushed dream of an A in English as I apparently don't know who I am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People tell me this a lot, as well. I find it very frustrating because I want everything all the time right now!

There is some merit to it, though. Sometimes, you really do just have to be patient. I learnt that the hard way...
    I don't like that advice because it basically says you should wait for things to happen rather than just going out and doing them, and I don't think it's an optimal way to do things, as you'll waste your life just waiting for things to happen.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say something like **** happens, doesn't matter in the long run.

But I was concerned that would be patronising and trite.
    Haha, it's fine It does and it doesn't. At the time it doesn't feel like it but now I think I'm over it. There's always a positive, if I hadn't of done biology I never would have gone to Iceland Then my negative side says I paid £800 for an E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    What's wrong with this advice? :confused:

I think it's a good advice to follow.

I really, really recommend you watch this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatNorthernLad)
    I don't like that advice because it basically says you should wait for things to happen rather than just going out and doing them, and I don't think it's an optimal way to do things, as you'll waste your life just waiting for things to happen.
    I see that side. But sometimes if you're not patient you miss out on opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    'Just try your best, that's all you can do.'

Well then what is my best??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Jajajaaa! :awesome:

Studied physics, likes physics, has physics degree= physicist. You are a physicist. Try me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol

To be a physicists you have to involved in research in an area of physics. I vaguely got near this in my final year when I was a lab monkey for my supervisor in the area of supercritical physics. I might get my name mentioned in any papers he publishes but that's it.

That's my nearest claim to fame

ReputationRep:
    Good things come to those who wait.

What a load of ****e. You've got to go out there and get the things you want in life.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    lol

To be a physicists you have to involved in research in an area of physics. I vaguely got near this in my final year when I was a lab monkey for my supervisor in the area of supercritical physics. I might get my name mentioned in any papers he publishes but that's it.

That's my nearest claim to fame
    "Lab monkey"<- haha
    But that will be great though! First step to world domination!! (Shh! You can't steal that, that's my future role!)

Whatever...
    Butterfly is a physicist and he will discover something. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When you come out an exam hall knowing you flopped, and your friends say don't worry you'll do good.

How on earth do you know i'll do good, were you in the exam hall with me or did y powers to develop powers to see the future B***c please

ReputationRep:
    You can tell me anything, trust me

:no:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.