Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophsmum)
    Yes it's a really long lesson ob for an interview. I can choose literacy or numeracy. I'm doing literacy. I've not taught in year one at either of my placements but I did TA in year 1 but for some reason my mind has gone blank on remembering anything!
    I taught in year 4 at my first placement. Where are you based?
    Warrington. And you?
    I am sure you will be great. Someone once told me that Year 1 is great because the children are learning lots of new concepts wheras after that they are building on that. Maybe explains why my own daughter was completely exhausted throughout Y1!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm with the Chehire LTA School Direct .PGCE. At Chester Uni.
    Just got to get through the interview and this next term which will be very heavy going.
    It will all be worth it in the end! It is tough going with kids. I'm a mature student too and a single parent to two kids. Just got to keep on powering through!

ReputationRep:
    You must be well organised. I know when I was doing my degree I had to make sure the kids were in bed early so I had all evening to work! Now they are 7 and 4 so a little easier to reason with if I need to work whilst they're up!! Any top tips, feel free to message me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got the second job I went for so I'm very pleased!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophsmum)
    I got the second job I went for so I'm very pleased!😊
    Woo hoo! Congratulations x
    What type of school / job?
    How were both the interviews you had?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Im not sure which year group yet but its a smallish town school. Absolutely loved the head, staff and ethos of the school.
    Interview must have gone well although you are never quite sure at the time.
    I had some good feedback from the first interview which I put to good use in the second. It really helped. I think its about you and if you fit with them.

ReputationRep:
    [Hello

How is your course going?

I start mine this year (different course) but can you tell me what to expect?

Thanks

Collette
    Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Very nearly finished although I'm so busy at the moment it's difficult to cope with. Trying to write last assignment, plan and do assessments and get folder ready for PAT.
    What can I tell you. It's full on, it's like an emotional roller coaster ride and can change from feeling great to utter crap in a day. You just have to keep going, enjoy the teaching ( the kids make you feel great) and know that at the end you will be qualified and hopefully have a job!!
    Good luck, you will be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I had my SD induction yesterday and wow! There's loads to take in!

Just wondered, as current SD people, if you think this induction sounds like it will be a standard SD programme. It all felt very thorough and positive.

I am 37 with a 7 and 4 year old and 20 years experience in early years, 3 of which have been as a TA.
    But this is a whole new ball game!

We found out our first placement where we will be from 1st Sep until Christmas. Mine is a reception class in a 1 form entry Catholic School with a high level of EAL.
    Soooo excited!!!!!

There are 12 of us on the programme. Some primary, some early years. It was great to meet everyone else.

We got to grips with a very complicated timetable which equates over the year to 75% school days, 20% training and 5% uni
    We found out the 2 assignment titles and hand in dates but they are incredibly wide titles so more info will be needed from uni before I could begin.

We looked through course handbook, school handbook, trainee handbook!!

We looked at the files we need to set up for PPPD, lesson plans and the training standards.

We went through appraisal proforma, weekly progress forms, learning following the teaching task, lesson observations, interim and final placement reports.

We have to complete an initial reflection of all curriculum areas / subjects and rate our confidence and competence now. Then we do this 4 more times over the year.

I think I am getting my head round it!

We have to arrange a meeting with our placement schools so I am seeing the head and teacher at my school on thursday! I have therefore now read their Ofsted report which reads really positively, and I read their child protection policy and looked through their website.

In placement 1 I have 10 tasks to complete which include things such as observing lessons with a focus on behaviour and classroom management, doing some classroom displays, child profiling, target setting and whole class teaching to name a few. We will be up to 60% teaching by the end of this placement and can build up to this as fast as we feel able.

Phew... think that's it in a nutshell.
    How does this compare to your experiences?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.