Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, would you ever hit your Wife/Partner Watch

• View Poll Results: Guys, Would you ever hit your Wife/Partner?
    Yes
    14.93%
    No
    85.07%

ReputationRep:
    Tbh even is she attacked me I wouldn't hit her, I'd just restrain her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Sounds like Pakistan... and same I dont know why people resort to hitting tbh, unless it's self defense
    Not exactly like Pakistan. In her country, the women usually hit back but are also supposed to just sigh and look the other way to things like affairs

ReputationRep:
    no, never in the situation you described. And if he hit me it would be over.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe there are some people who have actually said yes in the poll...

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

She needs a smack everyday to stay in line..

ReputationRep:
    I'd only ever hit anybody if it was in self-defence, or in the physical defence of someone else (if they were going to or had already hit this other hypothetical person)

ReputationRep:
    No, never

I'm not south asian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gambit92)
    No, never

I'm not south asian
    Haha! But it's not unique to them. We'd be foolish to think it was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Judging by his username and previous posts I've seen, no. Not really :P
    Haha yeah i thought he would be joking too but when i looked at the poll, he voted yes so... "/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katbob)
    :rolleyes: thats what they all say.

Personally, I think if a woman hits a guy then he has every right to hit her back. Equality people.

Sure that's what many would say but i know myself and i know it would take a great deal in order for me to result in hitting someone else. If it was defending myself then that's another matter but i would not resort to violence unless absolutely necessary.

In the case of a woman hitting me, sure some people would say it would be "fair" for me to hit her back, but i wouldn't be able to. I think it's just the way i've been bought up...

ReputationRep:
    If she gave me AIDs, she traps me with the "I'm on the pill" bull**** then I'd probably smack her.

Otherwise na.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid.Snake)
    Sure that's what many would say but i know myself and i know it would take a great deal in order for me to result in hitting someone else. If it was defending myself then that's another matter but i would not resort to violence unless absolutely necessary.

In the case of a woman hitting me, sure some people would say it would be "fair" for me to hit her back, but i wouldn't be able to. I think it's just the way i've been bought up...
    I'm too quick to get violent and aggressive.. How do you control yourself?

I'm glad there are still men like you out there :hugs:
    Why did God make us so weak I wish I could take a proper punch when a man hits me back lol

ReputationRep:
    Why'd you ever want to damage something you enjoy? If you see any worth in anything you wouldn't damage it.

ReputationRep:
    If she hit me then yes. If she's going to be manly and attack me, she's going to get it back. Equality and all that shizz.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly surprised at the amount of "No"s there are in the poll and replies. Either TSR is full of gentlemen, or I have anger issues.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how big she is. There are some strong cookie monsters out there you know :erm:

ReputationRep:
    No. Wouldn't dream of it. Why would I hit her, if I was dating her? Seems opposing to the idea of a partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    If she gave me AIDs, she traps me with the "I'm on the pill" bull**** then I'd probably smack her.

Otherwise na.
    No offense dude, but if you're gunna just take that pill **** and not take other precautions jist in case what do you expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan-Slade)
    No offense dude, but if you're gunna just take that pill **** and not take other precautions jist in case what do you expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get that. I'm just saying the situations where that could happen.

I personally just go safe anyway.
    • Welcome Squad

I'm quite weak physically and most men I know are stronger than me . So if my partner knew this and hit me anyway, knowing I can't defend myself, i'd call the police and break up, no questions.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.