The Student Room Group

Does anybody else dislike university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SillyMilly
Maybe it is just me then. I loved first year but this year I hate it. Im a bit ditzy I suppose im badly dyspraxic im clumsy, im a bit goofy and it just got to the point every little thing I did my housemates would pick up on and laugh about. I am constantly the joke they sit and laugh about me behind my back. FOr some reason they said im thick like Forest Gump even though I managed to get into do a law degree they keep doing stupid impression anytime I say anything they copy it in that voice. Even when they meet new people or its their friends they try to get me to say words I cant say as I have a bit of a stutter and sit there laughing with total strangers about how stupid I am right to my face. The friends I made on my course I guess are the wrong kind, they are the ones who want to be top barristers who would stab you in the back to get wherever they want to be whereas im not like that I just want to be friends with everybody and have a quiet life. I wouldn't ever hurt somebody elses feelings. I get called ugly by them etc. They walk all over me I ended up having a breakdown in first term this year and had to go home. When I came back I found that they had people sleeping in my room, or they go in my room and go through my stuff then laugh about it. I love to go out clubbing and I like to sometimes drink but ive got heart problems and I don't like to drink around them because again all they do is laugh at me or try an dmkae me do stupid things, because I don't drink im boring and this and that.

At home im like a different person I have all my friends I have horses I spend all day with my horses seeing my friends, doing my pub job, I go out once a week and I just love it. Im so happy and positive. At university I just feel like crying constantly it got to the point last year that I was throwing up every time I had to go back non stop. I cant eat or sleep at uni. Non of my uni friends understand my health problems all I ever get told is why am I running back to mummy I need to man up and stay at uni. When I was ill and not there for the term I use to just receive text messages telling me how much I was missing out that its pathetic I had gone home, never once did they ask how my numerous hospital trips went or how I was feeling. I don't even think they know why I ended up leaving for a term.

i know its sounds awful but no matter how old you are there will always be people like your so called 'friends' and housemates that will treat you like **** if you let them. You need to tell them straight that you wont be bullied by them any more.
Reply 81
I won't say I hate it but it isn't anything special tbh.
Original post by SillyMilly
I know its ridiculous im still there. It is all my fault Im so scared of upsetting people I let them speak to me like they do. Even now in the summer holidays they have a group facebook message im getting those stupid memes taking the mick out of me. I stupidly signed the contract for 3rd year as I was worried id upset them and they would be more nasty to me.

I transfer my housemate money for bills each month and its getting more each month and I know for a fact that they are taking the money for themselves I try to tell them I know this and they just say im thick and don't understand the bills.

Its only the three of us in the house so its them v me. I know I really need to leave im just such a wimp im scared if I upset them it will get worse

Your housemates sound like complete d*cks, in my experience the type of behaviour you describe is normally led or instigated by a single person while everyone else goes along with it in an effort not to 'rock the boat' or have the behaviour directed at themselves.

It's not something you have to accept. Please, please speak to a member of your university welfare staff. They have tons of experience in this area and it can be done in the strictest confidence. I guarantee that having someone 'on the inside' who knows what you are going through and is on your side will make you feel a million percent better.

You mention that you go out clubbing because you feel as though you have to, you really don't. If you'd rather stay in watching tv then do that instead. If someone doesn't like you because you don't like to do a certain thing then that person isn't worth knowing - the hell with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending