Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    I wish I did Music GCSE. I wouldn't really swap it for anything though. I was pretty happy with my subject choices, but I was only able to choose 4 instead of 5, so didn't do music.
    Count your lucky stars!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking back I don't know what I was thinking when I picked mine XD

I chose, R.E, Art and Child Development

I wish I had picked, Geography, Psychology and Wood work (just for fun)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    None, GCSE's are completely meaningless 6-8 years after you complete them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    Wanted to take Astronomy but my Mother wasn't having that :rofl:

Anyhoo it all was cushty in the end so I'm not bothered

I did Astronomy as an extra GCSE, hard as f... We had to stay after school on Thursdays till 7pm. However I did enjoy it, but on plus side we got to miss 2 weeks of school to go to awesome trips. The real reason why all of us decided to do astronomy is because the astronomy group got to go china every year.:eek: So would you imagine my surprise we didn't get to go China? :'( :'(
    Sorry for the life story, ahah

ReputationRep:
    Economics, additional maths, triple science (instead of double.. had no choice), astronomy, electronics, computing

ReputationRep:
    Triple science - wasn't offered
    Additional maths - wasn't offered
    Other than that I had no annoying subjects and my GCSEs were all respected standard subjects (Eng, lit, maths, science, geog, hist, fren) so nothing to complain about, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm Im not regretting anything but maybe Economics would've been nice? But my school doesnt offer it so eh and I dont feel like pursuing it privately

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had had the opportunity to take Law, Further Maths, Economics and Photography.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd taken History, and triple science instead of double.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)
    Hmm, that gets me thinking, my school didn't do Psychology at GCSE but did at A-level.

Is it still a GCSE? Sociology used to be and my school didn't offer that - I would've taken Sociology at GCSE because I'm sure it would've been pretty soft...

Yeah it is

ReputationRep:
    I did music, but I kinda wish I did geography instead. I would've done better. Still, doesn't matter now anyway

ReputationRep:
    History, Psychology, Art. Any of those 3. My school didn't let me do any fun subjects

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd have took GSCE drama, and P.E
    I also wish I would have resat my history and maths exams which I took early and got A's...

ReputationRep:
    History

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)
    We all have one, don't we? Choosing GCSEs is quite manic and we're so young when we do.

For me I wish I'd taken Music or Drama, or carried on French which I dropped at the end of Year 10 as it was a twilight class and it was making me tired.

Anyone have any regrets on GCSE choices?
    So wish I'd not taken history! I think I'd rather have taken business studies instead tbh. Or psychology, but my school didn't offer it at GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When it came to my final GCSE option, there were two remaining subjects I was considering; Geography and Latin. I opted for the former, which I have no regrets about, but I still wish I could have taken Latin too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    I don't think sociology is anymore, my school doesn't offer it. I would have done photography too...
    Sociology GCSE is still around, I know a school that offers it

ReputationRep:
    I took Art, Photography and French.
    I kind of regret taking Art - I put in a ****LOAD of time and effort for a mediocre grade and a couple of pictures to take home. I think it's amazing to take if you're good, but I just liked drawing and wasted two years.

I wish I'd taken History instead - it seems so interesting and I would have had the opportunity to take it at A Level. Spanish would have been useful too - I didn't love it as much as French but I want a language-based job and learning two languages would definitely have been better than one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DropkickSmurfy)
    When it came to my final GCSE option, there were two remaining subjects I was considering; Geography and Latin. I opted for the former, which I have no regrets about, but I still wish I could have taken Latin too.
    You dodged a bullet: Memorising 270 lines of poetry in latin, with translation and language effects on pretty much EVERY word. It's not all language like in year 9, you missed out on nothing.

ReputationRep:
    At my old school I was going to do Music, Food Tech, Business Studies and Spanish GCSE. Then I left in Year 9 to a different school where they weren't offering Business Studies and Spanish GCSE. And I was forced to do Religious Studies (what happens when you go to a "church" school).

Ended up taking Music, Food Tech, Religious Studies and Drama. Ended up getting BBCD in those subects. (I didn't have to do Drama really but it was a choice between French or Food Tech)

I almost cried that I couldn't do Spanish GCSE, really wanted to do it at A-Level. I actually think of doing Spanish GCSE part-time somewhere else, but I haven't got time now to say I can

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.