Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a teacher ask me anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    How long do you think you'll teach for and is there anything else you'd like to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    It's their choice. Standards are quite low so I don't blame them for being angry. Admittedly, it's not something I know everything about still.

Similar things have happened before to me. The most important thing is to not over react or to react in a way that the students would find funny; easier said than done.

No because you might want a degree like Speech and Language Therapy or Agriculture in which case other unis are just as good if not better.

3 years

No I don't think violence is ever justifiable. If we teach children that we can get what we want by using intimidation and fear then that's wrong. I would much rather have a positive relationship with my students.

I'm not sure to be honest. All the people I know who are primary teachers all did a 4 year course.
    Don't universities like Harvard lead to a better life though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    Nay. Makes decisions without any consideration for the teachers or the students. Rushes things through quickly (e.g. that retakes at GCSE no longer count for the school) in the middle of the academic year just to piss teachers off.

what year(s) do you work with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    So I cant ask his opinion on a topic now? :/
    You can do whatever you want nate.

Wait what?

ReputationRep:
    Do you teach sixth formers?

ReputationRep:
    how much do you talk about students outside of lessons?

ReputationRep:
    Did you find it difficult to get on with students or to get them to like you and your teaching style?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The vampire)
    Am I asking too many questions sir? I thought teachers liked that.
    Your posts come across quite flirty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanap)
    Your posts come across quite flirty
    Sorry?

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me about the paperwork, is it a lot?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry?
    Youuuu fancy the teacher!

ReputationRep:
    Youuuu fancy the teacher!
    No I have standards.

ReputationRep:
    No I have standards.
    Do teacher's not match them?

ReputationRep:
    Do teacher's not match them?
    No, not that it's any of your business.

ReputationRep:
    No, not that it's any of your business.
    Ha

ReputationRep:
    Do you make a seating plan and sit two students together who you think fancy each other?

ReputationRep:
    Which do you recommend - primary or secondary teaching?
    Which is easier?

After getting a pgce , can you teach anywhere in the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    Can you tell me about the paperwork, is it a lot?
    I worked as a primary school teaching assistant for a year on my gap year in 2010/11.

I can summarise a primary teachers work week for you in terms of paper work/hours spent working.

Bare in mind, paid hours were 9am-5pm.

Monday - Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Tuesday - Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Wednesday -Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Thursday -Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Friday -Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Saturday - Mark books most of the day and begin writing lesson plans for the next week.

Sunday - Finish lesson plans for the week/maybe get the day off if you've been well organised throughout the week/on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    I worked as a primary school teaching assistant for a year on my gap year in 2010/11.

I can summarise a primary teachers work week for you in terms of paper work/hours spent working.

Bare in mind, paid hours were 9am-5pm.

Monday - Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Tuesday - Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Wednesday -Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Thursday -Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Friday -Arrive at work between 6:30-7am. Leave work between 5-7pm. Get home and mark books until you go to bed.

Saturday - Mark books most of the day and begin writing lesson plans for the next week.

Sunday - Finish lesson plans for the week/maybe get the day off if you've been well organised throughout the week/on Saturday.
    Sounds like a life of depression :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    Sounds like a life of depression :afraid:
    I wanted so bad to write "mark boobs untill you go to bed" changing one simple little letter could turn that from a nightmare job to the best job ever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.