Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Libyan girl finally made a TSR account! AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The vampire)
    Can I bite you?
    Depends on whether you're a good girl or not.

ReputationRep:
    What do Arabs honestly think of Somali and Pakistani people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOB2014)
    What do Arabs honestly think of Somali and Pakistani people?
    Somali, unfortunately because Somalis are black.. most Arabs just look down on them.

Pakistanis, too vague...

In general, as I previously said, Arabs tend to look down on non-Arabs, especially blacks.

Oh and Arabs like to only marry other Arabs, hard for Arab guys to marry girls who are not Arab but its like 10x harder for Arab girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arab Beauty)
    Somali, unfortunately because Somalis are black.. most Arabs just look down on them.

Pakistanis, too vague...

In general, as I previously said, Arabs tend to look down on non-Arabs, especially blacks.

Oh and Arabs like to only marry other Arabs, hard for Arab guys to marry girls who are not Arab but its like 10x harder for Arab girls.
    What do u mean vague in regards to pakis?

Which arabs are the most and least open-minded in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Oh well it's good that you're no longer friends with them.

I'm seriously worried about uni, I'm hoping there will be girls with the same mindset as me but I don't think there will be be a lot of Muslim girls at Imperial.. let alone hijabis.
    Personally I really like this style:
    I have the same problem - I don't think my college will have many proper muslim girls :rolleyes:
    I want to find a good muslim friend to stay with for uni so I won't need to worry about my roommate partying, we'd both have the same requirements (halal food, maybe pray together, she'd help me feel ready to wear a hijab) and only then my parents wouldn't mind me staying away from home.
    Mashaallah for getting into Imperial by the way! Wow! Wasn't the interview tough?
    Aah that's a bit tight to me I like the slightly looser ones.

ReputationRep:
    What do u mean vague in regards to pakis?

Which arabs are the most and least open-minded in your opinion?
    I mean that I can't just give you a generalised view on how Arabs view Pakistanis.

(Original post by narcotica)
    I have the same problem - I don't think my college will have many proper muslim girls :rolleyes:
    I want to find a good muslim friend to stay with for uni so I won't need to worry about my roommate partying, we'd both have the same requirements (halal food, maybe pray together, she'd help me feel ready to wear a hijab) and only then my parents wouldn't mind me staying away from home.
    Mashaallah for getting into Imperial by the way! Wow! Wasn't the interview tough?
    Aah that's a bit tight to me I like the slightly looser ones.
    Yeah, make sure you find a good Muslim friend, I'm so thankful for the friends I've had so far but now we're all going different unis..

Thank you very much, yeah the interview was tough haha, I was nervous as hell but I somehow managed to get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I mean that I can't just give you a generalised view on how Arabs view Pakistanis.

Yeah, make sure you find a good Muslim friend, I'm so thankful for the friends I've had so far but now we're all going different unis..

Thank you very much, yeah the interview was tough haha, I was nervous as hell but I somehow managed to get an offer.
    Well u seemed to generalise with somalis?

Answer my other question please (themost and least open minded)

ReputationRep:
    Well u seemed to generalise with somalis?

Answer my other question please (themost and least open minded)
    I was able to generalise with Somalis because their skin colour is black.

Ermm the most open minded are probably the Moroccans and most close minded probably the Saudis, that's what I think though.

ReputationRep:
    I was able to generalise with Somalis because their skin colour is black.

Ermm the most open minded are probably the Moroccans and most close minded probably the Saudis, that's what I think though.
    By your logic, dark moroccans/egyptians/yemenis must be considered black too

Not all somalis have 'black' skin tones wtf. This was this year's miss somalia (jawaahir ahmed). You'd consider her and any other somali with her skin tone as black too yea?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1406320989.490169.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  46.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By your logic, dark moroccans/egyptians/yemenis must be considered black too

Not all somalis have 'black' skin tones wtf. This was this year's miss somalia (jawaahir ahmed). You'd consider her and any other somali with her skin tone as black too yea?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1406320989.490169.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  46.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean.. yeah I guess. The majority of Somalis are black.

ReputationRep:
    I mean.. yeah I guess. The majority of Somalis are black.
    And what are the minority?

I'm half somali half white and dont like ignorance -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leniency? I don't think saying 'you shouldn't die' is leniency. Yes he killed a lot of people, I'm not condoning what he did but what me/you know of him is what we've been told of him. I haven't met the person and I don't think you have either. And by second chance I don't mean a 'get out of jail free card' I mean to be educated and reformed.
    so you're willing to rebuild that monster as opposed to throw him back into the hellfires he came from? (I don't believe in hell, I'm being metaphorical)

ReputationRep:
    Gaddafi had to go... so yes I guess. What happened afterwards was inevitable though wasn't it?
    Yes it was, hence why it was so bad. From one oppressor who knew what he was doing to another who have no clue how to run government

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, are you from a Libyan family (but live elsewhere), were born in Libya (now live elsewhere) or you currently live in Libya?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    Just to clarify, are you from a Libyan family (but live elsewhere), were born in Libya (now live elsewhere) or you currently live in Libya?
    I was born in the UK and from a Libyan family.

ReputationRep:
    I was born in the UK and from a Libyan family.
    Have you ever been to Libya? My question was going to be about how safe it feels to do normal day to day things like go to buy food or go to school etc. Maybe you know from relatives in Libya what it's like [If you've never been yourself)

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been to Libya? My question was going to be about how safe it feels to do normal day to day things like go to buy food or go to school etc. Maybe you know from relatives in Libya what it's like [If you've never been yourself)
    Unfortunately, I've never been . My relatives feel safer, not as safe as under the Gaddafi administration though but everyones relieved they got rid of him.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I've never been . My relatives feel safer, not as safe as under the Gaddafi administration though but everyones relieved they got rid of him.
    Less safe than under Gaddafi? To be honest, as the media coverage has diminished and diverted it's attention to Israel/Gaza/Ukrain/Russia, I've lost track of whats even going on in Libya anymore.

Whats the deal now Gaddfi is out? Whos in power? Fighting still going on? If so, between who etc?

ReputationRep:

Pakistanis, too vague...

Don't forget, arabs also look down on other arabs, there is a hierarchy:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Less safe than under Gaddafi? To be honest, as the media coverage has diminished and diverted it's attention to Israel/Gaza/Ukrain/Russia, I've lost track of whats even going on in Libya anymore.

Whats the deal now Gaddfi is out? Whos in power? Fighting still going on? If so, between who etc?
    Yeah fighting is going on as expected, America getting involved, as expected. It will end up being a US backed government, once again, as expected.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.