Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anti-Semitism on the march in Europe again Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Your desire for mass blood shed in Israel unless they make peace (which means what to you?) is naive. It's not going to happen. If Israel continue to break international law then the solution will be sanctions and possibly international intervention if that fails.

International sanctions will do a lot more damage than an over-populated Gaza with poor military capabilities ever could.

Actually unlike you I want a middle east where peace and trade among nations is a normal thing. Don't forget Europe was the most bloody and violent battlefield not too long ago.
    The main issue stopping The ME becoming peaceful is Israel. They do not want any of their neighbors to develop and will do whatever it takes to force this objective.

They bombed Lebanon's infrastructure during 2006, with the intention to set them back 20 years, they try and get Iran sanctioned through the US to stop their rapid economic development, they support ISIS with the intention to allow war mongering foreign soldiers to rampage through the middle east (perhaps they feel a common bond with them).

I truly think the solution is a nuclear Iran. Nuclear weapons brought order to Europe and it can to the middle east. Part of the reason why Israel is so aggresively opposed to it. Mutually assured destruction brings peace and prosperity.

I for the longest time wanted Israel to become friends with their neighbors and to help build a strong and prosperous middle east, but over time and from meeting Israelis it has become apparent they are belligerent savages and there is literally no reasoning with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoddyBuilder)
    Actually unlike you I want a middle east where peace and trade among nations is a normal thing. Don't forget Europe was the most bloody and violent battlefield not too long ago.
    The main issue stopping The ME becoming peaceful is Israel. They do not want any of their neighbors to develop and will do whatever it takes to force this objective.

They bombed Lebanon's infrastructure during 2006, with the intention to set them back 20 years, they try and get Iran sanctioned through the US to stop their rapid economic development, they support ISIS with the intention to allow war mongering foreign soldiers to rampage through the middle east (perhaps they feel a common bond with them).

I truly think the solution is a nuclear Iran. Nuclear weapons brought order to Europe and it can to the middle east. Part of the reason why Israel is so aggresively opposed to it. Mutually assured destruction brings peace and prosperity.
    Nuclear weapons post-WWII did not bring peace to Europe. Would we be engaging in wars with France now had they no nuclear weapons? Germany has no nuclear weapons and we've maintained peace since WWII. It is largely NATO and the EU which has preserved peace in Europe.

You suggest that Israel is pretty bonkers when it comes to diplomacy, foreign affairs and military action; many would say the same about Iran. If thermonuclear war very nearly broke out between the USA and Russia, do we really think that it wouldn't between Israel and Iran? Russia has never expressed a desire to wipe the USA off the map with the same zeal that Iran has.

Unfortunately, there seems to be leaders and influencers on both sides who would be willing to sacrifice millions in pursuance of their ideology/hatred of the other country.

I for the longest time wanted Israel to become friends with their neighbors and to help build a strong and prosperous middle east, but over time and from meeting Israelis it has become apparent they are belligerent savages and there is literally no reasoning with them
    You ruin the first, admirable sentence with the latter generalisation based on a few anecdotal experiences.

ReputationRep:
    Nuclear weapons post-WWII did not bring peace to Europe. Would we be engaging in wars with France now had they no nuclear weapons? Germany has no nuclear weapons and we've maintained peace since WWII. It is largely NATO and the EU which has preserved peace in Europe.

You suggest that Israel is pretty bonkers when it comes to diplomacy, foreign affairs and military action; many would say the same about Iran. If thermonuclear war very nearly broke out between the USA and Russia, do we really think that it wouldn't between Israel and Iran? Russia has never expressed a desire to wipe the USA off the map with the same zeal that Iran has.

Unfortunately, there seems to be leaders and influencers on both sides who would be willing to sacrifice millions in pursuance of their ideology/hatred of the other country.

You ruin the first, admirable sentence with the latter generalisation based on a few anecdotal experiences.

I disagree from my point of view Iran appears to be the most pragmatic actor in the middle east. They oppose ISIS, they're helping to bring stability to Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. They reject and stand up to salafism. They have decent human rights for the region.

They stand up to Israeli aggression even though they're essentially supporting enemies to their state. ( I am sure Wahhabi Hamas would dislike Iran).

They have not started a war for a hundred years or more. They have a young, well educated population which is progressive for the region.

This notion that Iran is crazy and wants to wipe Israel off the map appears to be mainly a western construct to demonise them in order to apply sanctions designed to inhibit Iran;s economic growth.

Israel is essentially another zealous middle eastern regime. Iran however is playing chess, which is appropriate as it comes from their nation.

I actually consier israelis to be very simialar to salafis.... i.e. crazy zealots. No wonder Israel supported ISIS. My opinion of Salafi's is as damning as my opinion of Israel.

I also stand by the notion mutually assured destruction resulted in European peace.

ReputationRep:
    And people say Israelis are the genocidal ones!
    Good lucking wiping out a country with nukes and which has America behind it.
    Then they can go to hell out of Palestinians land before someone wipe them out. If they want to be destroyed, then well, its ok with Turks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_Boy_Turco)
    Then they can go to hell out of Palestinians land before someone wipe them out. If they want to be destroyed, then well, its ok with Turks.
    Turkey doesn't even have its own nuclear weapons. It's not going to do anything to Israel.

I maintain my view that Israel, in its current form, is too powerful to be defeated by military means only. Economic sanctions are the way forward.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey doesn't even have its own nuclear weapons. It's not going to do anything to Israel.

I maintain my view that Israel, in its current form, is too powerful to be defeated by military means only. Economic sanctions are the way forward.
    I wont discuss about this, we wont discuss, we do, and do you underestimate Turks so much, this is one of the world's biggest mistakes. For example did you know that Israel iron dome defense system hacked by Turkish hackers many times, Arraow III ballistic missile system and their unmanned aerial vehicle systems softwares hacked by Turks. By the way we have the world's most developed unmanned aerial vehicles currently, %97 Made in Turkey, %3 of parts procured externally, but simlple parts.

ReputationRep:
    I wont discuss about this, we wont discuss, we do, and do you underestimate Turks so much, this is one of the world's biggest mistakes. For example did you know that Israel iron dome defense system hacked by Turkish hackers many times, Arraow III ballistic missile system and their unmanned aerial vehicle systems softwares hacked by Turks. By the way we have the world's most developed unmanned aerial vehicles currently, %97 Made in Turkey, %3 of parts procured externally, but simlple parts.
    Turkey has an admirable military, but the things you mention are pointless and irrelevant when nuclear weapons are involved.

Turkey is not going to directly attack a state with nuclear weapons.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey has an admirable military, but the things you mention are pointless and irrelevant when nuclear weapons are involved.

Turkey is not going to directly attack a state with nuclear weapons.

and you think that to shot a country with a nuclear weapon is a child's play, its not such easy. We could destroy their military bases before they try to nuke a city. Turkish navy is also much more powerful than Israeli navy. Only one Turkish warship (I dont remember its name) is much more superior technologically to all Israeli navy. Israel's only advantage is they have many f-15 war planes. We have f16 planes and our pilots always be champions in the world of aviation competitions. Also our many engineers are being killed, one of them had solved the f16 friend and foe identification system, one of them found the world's most advanced night vision systems, all of them killed.

I think we can produce nuclear weapons in a very short period, as technology. But we just dont produce because of the political conditions of the day. I dont know maybe we may even already have produced, we are just aware of the the visible part of iceberg.

Turkey was a country blocked by external powers for long long years, and today we are moving so quickly under the management of Erdogan. You can observe it around you that how the European countries, Israel, Usa behave hostile against Erdogan, your governements are aware of the danger.

ReputationRep:
    and you think that to shot a country with a nuclear weapon is a child's play, its not such easy. We could destroy their military bases before they try to nuke a city. Turkish navy is also much more powerful than Israeli navy. Only one Turkish warship (I dont remember its name) is much more superior technologically to all Israeli navy. Israel's only advantage is they have many f-15 war planes. We have f16 planes and our pilots always be champions in the world of aviation competitions. Also our many engineers are being killed, one of them had solved the f16 friend and foe identification system, one of them found the world's most advanced night vision systems, all of them killed.

I think we can produce nuclear weapons in a very short period, as technology. But we just dont produce because of the political conditions of the day. I dont know maybe we may even already have produced, we are just aware of the the visible part of iceberg.

Turkey was a country blocked by external powers for long long years, and today we are moving so quickly under the management of Erdogan. You can observe it around you that how the European countries, Israel, Usa behave hostile against Erdogan, your governements are aware of the danger.
    Your nationalism blinds you to reality. Turkey could not take out all of Israel's nuclear capabilities in one go; there's a reason why countries such as the UK and Israel have submarines with nukes and not just at military bases.

ReputationRep:
    This man irrogent bigget It Muslim and Africa Christian countries that treat women and children as second class citizen. The Honor killing of women and gay men that happen every week in the Palestinian area and among Israel arab population which is 1 in 5 of the population of Israel.

Jewish people are high educated group in the world and Israel has lower rates of violent against women in the world 1/6 while in the UK it 1/5. Hamas is a evil group who treat it own people as human shields and hide in populated area so civilians are going to be killed when army strikes like Hitler did in Germany. I few sorry for civilians that are kill on both sides.

Zionism is not Nazism Arab people live in Israel have equal rights under the law as the Jewish population more right than they have in other Middle Eastern Countries. Now you talk about the holocaust which kill mainly Roma, Jews and disabled like you know about the subject and most people in Britain are irrogent of this.

There are Memorials for every group that were murder by Hitler in ever Continent and holocausts that have happen after the war. You are just stuped

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree with the earlier poster that there is a rise in anti-semitism following any military action by the Israeli government on Gaza or the West Bank, I do not think it is the only cause in the increase in anti-semitism in Europe. Some of the nationalistic/xenophobic parties on the right who have gained support from those against EU membership are anti-semitic, such as the Front Nationale in France. Indeed the lack of anti-semitism is one thing that differentiates the right in the UK from other parts of Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Your nationalism blinds you to reality. Turkey could not take out all of Israel's nuclear capabilities in one go; there's a reason why countries such as the UK and Israel have submarines with nukes and not just at military bases.
    as I said, if to destroy a country was such easy, Turkey would be the first target, and Iran the second one. Because all the world countries hate Turkey so much. Especially Israel.

ReputationRep:
    If all people behave anti something, then I think this "something" is the problem for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    All section of the pro-Palestinian supporters are tainted with antisemitism. At the AGM of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign a year or two ago they had to kick out a couple of people who were caught overtly denying the Holocaust. Many spoke out agaist the expulsion. All involved were White Middle-Class Britons.
    The pro-Israeli support has been tainted with Islamophobia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    The pro-Israeli support has been tainted with Islamophobia.
    No doubt. Still not seen groups of pro-Israelis attacking mosques or Muslims in the streets or calling for boycotting Muslim businesses. Not seen groups of them calling for the murder of all Muslims. Not seen them try and spread lies about Muslims designed to make others hate them. Not seen signs on pro-Israel rallies supporting genocide.

I don't think you can equate the two sides on this one. Dare I even use the word "whataboutery"?

ReputationRep:
    No doubt. Still not seen groups of pro-Israelis attacking mosques or Muslims in the streets or calling for boycotting Muslim businesses. Not seen groups of them calling for the murder of all Muslims. Not seen them try and spread lies about Muslims designed to make others hate them. Not seen signs on pro-Israel rallies supporting genocide.

I don't think you can equate the two sides on this one. Dare I even use the word "whataboutery"?
    The two points I have bolded are definitely evident in most pro-Israel groups.

http://www.islamophobiawatch.co.uk/i...da-pics-storm/

The israeli embassy have even indulged in it by post those pics.

https://twitter.com/IsraelinIreland

The likes of politicians caling for genocide and Israeli's using bombing of Gaza as entertainment by sitting on chairs outside and clapping/cheering.

It occurs on both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    The two points I have bolded are definitely evident in most pro-Israel groups.

The israeli embassy have even indulged in it by post those pics.

https://twitter.com/IsraelinIreland

The likes of politicians caling for genocide and Israeli's using bombing of Gaza as entertainment by sitting on chairs outside and clapping/cheering.

It occurs on both sides.
    You what? How do those pictures call for the murder of all Muslims or spread lies about them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    I don't fall for this pro palestine non sense, using dead children in palestine to turn people against the jews on social media for example is pathetic.

I do not sympathize with terrorists, its the same as using ISIS as a representation of Islam.

Looking at the Hamas charter it does not appear to be very moral either. Just 2 key takeaways in its charter, would you still feel what is going on is a genocide and ethnic cleansing? ~~~ 1.) Hamas isn’t looking to negotiate a peace deal with Israel. It wants to destroy Israel. Quoting Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna, the charter reads: "Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." ~~~ 2.) Actually, Hamas’ charter goes beyond destroying Israel. It longs for Jewish genocide: "The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: ‘The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.’"

In fact it is the Palestinian Authority who should be tried for war crimes as they are the ones who use innocent Palestinian civilians as human shields while they are safely ensconsed in underground bunkers far away from danger.

ReputationRep:
    Best wishes to Israel, dont let your guns down, no one should trust these Terrorist countries. Its in their religion to lie.

On one side we have israel asking for ceasefire extensions while hamas rejects, on the other side we have more casualties in gaza than that of israel. That just tells me one thing.....hamas likes this international outcry against israel and are very happy with this attention. Seems like Hamas actually wants Israel to continue this assault so other nations put pressure on israel to let Gaza go.

Palestinian Jihadist hides behind women and children and attack and in Israeli retaliation these people get killed.

ReputationRep:
    You what? How do those pictures call for the murder of all Muslims or spread lies about them?
    Spread of islamphobia. The fact that Israel is stopping Europe being invaded by muslim's.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.