Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be applying for the Foundation Engineering course and then go on to do Civil Engineering. I'm partly applying for the foundation year because of my not-so-good A level predictions, and I'm still having doubts about Civil Engineering.

My predicted grades are: A B C but I'm hoping to achieve A A C, in Maths, Business studies and Physics - respectively. The end result is what matters the most, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Maths and Physics, I got AAAC last year in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French respectively, and am predicted 3 A*s this year - my personal statement is strong as are my references, yet I'm still freaking out about an offer ????!?!!?! Is anybody else applying for maths n phys??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    I am applying for Maths and Physics, I got AAAC last year in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French respectively, and am predicted 3 A*s this year - my personal statement is strong as are my references, yet I'm still freaking out about an offer ????!?!!?! Is anybody else applying for maths n phys??
    How do you know if your ps is strong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhyss01)
    How do you know if your ps is strong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Comments from my teachers and I'm confident in my writing , and it reads better than a lot of the ones I've seen on here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm applying for English Literature and Spanish.
    I went to the open day last Saturday, and in the talk on English Literature they said they now give short entrance exams! I've never heard of them doing this before. Did they do this last year? Also, does anyone know any information on it? All I was told was that there are three questions, one of which being an analysis of an extract.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Comments from my teachers and I'm confident in my writing , and it reads better than a lot of the ones I've seen on here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right, thought you had yours reviewed by a company!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhyss01)
    Oh right, thought you had yours reviewed by a company!
    Nope!
    I've also had a great deal of advice from my stepfather/his colleagues as he works in recruitment for graduates in computing/software engineering (which is loosely related to what I'm going into)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm a first year medic at Manchester! More than happy to answer any questions you might have about Manchester, halls, medicine etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for MChem Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry
    good luck to everybody applying!

ReputationRep:
    How many Asians go to this university? And is it as explosive in terms of partying as people making it out to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    How many Asians go to this university? And is it as explosive in terms of partying as people making it out to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot, and I don't really know how to answer the second question.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've seen hardly any Asian people actually you can do as much or as little partying as you want- I live in Fallowfield and there's always something going on so I go out quite a lot but I know other people who don't go out at all! It's really up to you- there's no pressure to go out if you don't want to though

ReputationRep:
    Asians in like South Asians (like Muslims) or East Asians? And do most of them commute?

Also anyone doing economics? How is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeymr)
    I've seen hardly any Asian people actually you can do as much or as little partying as you want- I live in Fallowfield and there's always something going on so I go out quite a lot but I know other people who don't go out at all! It's really up to you- there's no pressure to go out if you don't want to though
    Maybe it differs by course, there are a lot of Asian people on mine.

Asians in like South Asians (like Muslims) or East Asians? And do most of them commute?Posted from TSR Mobile
    Both. What do you mean by commute? They can't really commute from home if they live in Asia, can they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)

Both. What do you mean by commute? They can't really commute from home if they live in Asia, can they?
    I laughed so much at this hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it differs by course, there are a lot of Asian people on mine.
    Yeah probably- I'm doing medicine so I expected to see a lot more! Haven't really seen a lot round Manchester itself either :confused: I do live in Fallowfields so that's probably why

ReputationRep:
    Asians?

I see a lot of chinese like near Oxford Road there would be over 50+...I heard they mainly do maths or businesses or english learning thing...

Um a friend of mine in her first year architecture said there's a lot of Singaporean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! I applied on 19th and still haven't heard back from any university I applied to. I got an acknowledgement from Cardiff, but that's just it. Is it normal or I'm just being impatient!! Is it because I'm an international student from outside EU? Waiting is killing me.
    I heard QUB is really fast. But still nothing!! Ohh god why ?:unimpressed::ashamed::bawling::cry::shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halamadrid777)
    Hello everyone! I applied on 19th and still haven't heard back from any university I applied to. I got an acknowledgement from Cardiff, but that's just it. Is it normal or I'm just being impatient!! Is it because I'm an international student from outside EU? Waiting is killing me.
    I heard QUB is really fast. But still nothing!! Ohh god why ?:unimpressed::ashamed::bawling::cry::shock:
    It's perfectly normal, some universities can take months to respond.

ReputationRep:
    It's perfectly normal, some universities can take months to respond.
    Which ones? I applied to UofM, Liverpool, Cardiff, Sheffield, and QUB? :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.