Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls. Do you participate in casual sex? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eelnais)
    Yes, frequently. Had a long-term **** buddy and a few one-off occurrences during my first year of university. However, I'm now in a relationship and I prefer it. If the relationship were to end, though, yay for more casual sex.
    Of course you have, I could tell.

I have been with my boyfriend since I was 14 and now Im 17, so in theory I have never really had the chance, but I dont ever think I could bring myself to do it when im not in a relationship with someone.
    sex to me is reserved for people i love, because thats what its all about to me, everyone has different opinions, but theres mine.

ReputationRep:
    Ab
    solutely
    not.
    I don't need a strict committed relationship in order to open up to a guy but casual sex as in, one night stands with diff strangers because it's Tuesday? :curious: Hell no :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihoho)
    Of course you have, I could tell.
    :hump:

ReputationRep:
    :hump:
    I am horny, are you available tonight?

ReputationRep:
    I am horny, are you available tonight?
    I am now a committed woman, my dear. I'm sure you will find another lady.

ReputationRep:
    I am now a committed woman, my dear. I'm sure you will find another lady.
    Lady's are committed, they are free from everything.

ReputationRep:
    My only "hook-ups" involved very good friends of mine, all of which resulted in relationships. I wouldn't sleep with someone I didn't know.

(Original post by tazarooni89)
    Just because men do something, it doesn't necessarily mean it should be logical for women to do it too, because men and women are very different, particularly when it comes to sex and reproduction. Naturally, having a one night stand indiscriminately with a random stranger is a much greater risk for a woman than it is for a man.

If you think about it from an evolutionary perspective (i.e. producing as much surviving offspring as possible), it was advantageous for men to have sex with, and impregnate as many women as possible. The more children you have, the more prevalent your genes will be in the next generation. And if some of your offspring fails to survive, you've still got many others to carry your genes forward. It isn't advantageous for women to do the same, because once they're pregnant, they're committed to that pregnancy for the next 9 months. So it was more advantageous to them to be careful about who was getting them pregnant, whether they had good genes for survival, whether they were likely to stay around to provide for and protect the child afterwards to give it the best chance of survival etc.

To put it in analogous terms; men have machine guns which contain millions of bullets, and can fire rapidly in quick succession for as long as they like. Women have pistols with only a few bullets, which take a really long time to reload, and the gun gets taken off them after a short time limit. If they both wish to hit the target as many times as possible, naturally their strategies will be different. Women won't want to waste time in reloading, or run out of bullets, so they'll be more careful with their aim and shoot less often. Whereas men don't have to worry about any of that, and can maximise their score just by holding down the trigger and shooting as much as possible.

Maybe all of that seems moot now with things like contraception, abortion, females being quite capable of providing for the family themselves as a single parent etc. but society changes much faster than natural human instinct does. That's why it's still seen as "success" for a man to have many sexual partners, whereas for a woman it's seen as "success" to get her sexual partner to commit himself to her.
    Of all the girls I know who sleep around, vast vast majority had dysfunctional families/absence of a father. They don't really do it out of fun as they like to say. Any girl on here like to refute this im all ears.
    How would you girls feel if your daughter started opening her legs at 15? Would you feel like you parented well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Of all the girls I know who sleep around, vast vast majority had dysfunctional families/absence of a father. They don't really do it out of fun as they like to say. Any girl on here like to refute this im all ears.
    How would you girls feel if your daughter started opening her legs at 15? Would you feel like you parented well?
    Hi. Refuting this. Brilliant family, awesome relationship with my mum and dad.
    Casual sex is fun!

I wouldn't judge my daughter for having sex because I don't see a daughter's sexual history having any more worth than my son's would. I don't do double standards. As long as she was safe, and happy, she can go ahead.

Of course I would have parented well, I'm teaching open-mindedness, tolerance and awareness when it comes to sex.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Refuting this. Brilliant family, awesome relationship with my mum and dad.
    Casual sex is fun!

I wouldn't judge my daughter for having sex because I don't see a daughter's sexual history having any more worth than my son's would. I don't do double standards. As long as she was safe, and happy, she can go ahead.

Of course I would have parented well, I'm teaching open-mindedness, tolerance and awareness when it comes to sex.
    Would you allow your daughter to have sex with me, if she loved me? I'd do her rough, just the way you like it.

ReputationRep:
    Would you allow your daughter to have sex with me, if she loved me? I'd do her rough, just the way you like it.
    I don't "allow" my daughter to have sex, she has her own free will and choices to make. If she loved you, it seems she would do.

And you should know rough can be very different with different people

ReputationRep:
    Nope, always been the relationship kind.
    I can't picture having sex without somebody I have strong feelings for ^^. It makes me feel safe when he's on top and it also makes me feel dominant when I take the lead, because that's my territory :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    When I was single I had a few ons and flings. Now Im in a long term serious relationship, so that part of my life is over!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.