HKU / CUHK Medicine Non-JUPAS Applicants 2015 Watch

This discussion is closed.
ilovemed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same. I'm a degree holder too and haven't heard back yet after Dec interview.
Any news?

(Original post by minuteMoon)
Same, degree holder here, and still haven't heard back yet.

I thought as we already have all our results, we should be in a better position than people who have pending results. That's why I don't understand why they seem to be holding us back.

I guess, we will have to wait and see.
minuteMoon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ilovemed)
Same. I'm a degree holder too and haven't heard back yet after Dec interview.
Any news?
I think we can chill out for now.

I called the office. They said that they don't give out 'unconditional' offers at this stage and they won't do that until much later in the year. This is because for us, there is no condition to fulfil. So we won't hear back from them until they have considered all candidates in similar situation (including those in the main round) when they start to give out 'unconditional' offers.

So, basically, it's right to say that for us, there is no point in applying for the fast-track round cuz we won't hear back until much later anyway. It's a bit annoying how they hold back their decision. But at least we can stop anticipating for now.
thecheesecakeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I called the office. They said that they don't give out 'unconditional' offers at this stage and they won't do that until much later in the year. This is because for us, there is no condition to fulfil. So we won't hear back from them until they have considered all candidates in similar situation (including those in the main round) when they start to give out 'unconditional' offers.

So, basically, it's right to say that for us, there is no point in applying for the fast-track round cuz we won't hear back until much later anyway. It's a bit annoying how they hold back their decision. But at least we can stop anticipating for now.
Hi! I'm new to this thread. I just had my regional interview last sat (24 Jan) and I haven't gotten any news so far.

Just wanted to clarify something... Are unconditional offers given out to students who haven't received their A level results? Under what circumstances do they give out unconditional offers?

Thanks a lot
roxanne.w
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thecheesecakeee)
Hi! I'm new to this thread. I just had my regional interview last sat (24 Jan) and I haven't gotten any news so far.

Just wanted to clarify something... Are unconditional offers given out to students who haven't received their A level results? Under what circumstances do they give out unconditional offers?

Thanks a lot
From what I've heard, they only give out unconditional offers to students who have obtained the actual A-level results. Those without actual results are given conditional offers
ox852
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Thanks for your info.
Dinosaurus_Rex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I'm not applying to HK unis but I want to see how competitive they are with A levels.

How many interviews do you have to undertake and what grades are they looking for to get interviews or offers? Do they look at UMS as well?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
DCMed96
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex)
Hi I'm not applying to HK unis but I want to see how competitive they are with A levels.

How many interviews do you have to undertake and what grades are they looking for to get interviews or offers? Do they look at UMS as well?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Usually 4A* for typical offer, they interviewed (shortlist) ppl with 95 UMS and above...
I applied to HKU but haven't heard anything since.. They usually do interviews after the a2 results are released, so they have more information on us.
thecheesecakeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by roxanne.w)
From what I've heard, they only give out unconditional offers to students who have obtained the actual A-level results. Those without actual results are given conditional offers
Thanks!
So I guess I'll just have to wait for now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dinosaurus_Rex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DCMed96)
Usually 4A* for typical offer, they interviewed (shortlist) ppl with 95 UMS and above...
I applied to HKU but haven't heard anything since.. They usually do interviews after the a2 results are released, so they have more information on us.
Oh wow that is very high.
How many international students do they take each year? What's the interview to offer ratio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
DCMed96
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex)
Oh wow that is very high.
How many international students do they take each year? What's the interview to offer ratio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Totally no idea!
claratiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Welp. It's feb and I'm still "under consideration", I suppose it means I'm deferred to main round then?
thecheesecakeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by claratiara)
Welp. It's feb and I'm still "under consideration", I suppose it means I'm deferred to main round then?
I having the same problem too...
Do you mind if I ask whether u received offers for your other choices?
claratiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I having the same problem too...
Do you mind if I ask whether u received offers for your other choices?
PM haha :P
ditde
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys, is there a way to check the application status for CUHK?
thecheesecakeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone heard news from HKU yet? It's been 3 whole weeks since the regional interviews and still no news on the offer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
CRDZY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone heard news from HKU yet? It's been 3 whole weeks since the regional interviews and still no news on the offer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! You were at the 24th Jan interviews too? Which country were you from?
I was at the same interview as well. I have checked the application status and i'm still "under consideration" as well.
My email earlier asking them for my status was simply replied with "Check regularly after Feb 2015". I have high hopes that we can get in to the school! Fingers crossed.
thecheesecakeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg yes I was at that interview! I am from Singapore! What about you? Where are u from? I might have seen u at the interviews!
May I know when u emailed them? Cos I sent them an email mid-Jan and they haven't replied up till now

Posted from TSR Mobile
CRDZY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg yes I was at that interview! I am from Singapore! What about you? Where are u from? I might have seen u at the interviews!
May I know when u emailed them? Cos I sent them an email mid-Jan and they haven't replied up till now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha. Yes I'm from Singapore too. However, was born in HK. I think we may have been in the same group too haha.
I emailed them early Jan. They replied me after about a week. Considering main round applications have already closed, I suspect they are too busy to reply these days.
CRDZY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! You were at the 24th Jan regional interview too? Which country were you from?
I haven't heard anything. I was at that interview too. Application is still
thecheesecakeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CRDZY)
Hey! You were at the 24th Jan regional interview too? Which country were you from?
I haven't heard anything. I was at that interview too. Application is still
I'm from Singapore. Local student and I applied via Fast Track... No news for me up till now

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.47%
No - but I will (88)
7.63%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.05%

Watched Threads