HM treasury Policy Advisor Grad Scheme Watch

Liles93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apologies for any detail I left in that was too specific, I tried not to give a full breakdown as I didn't want to give anything away.

Best of luck to everyone else yet to do their centres.
kevin6767
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Opera ghost)
Hi everyone,
Was wondering if you had any details about presentation itself- a bit worried about it as there's not much commentary about ISAs online just a lot of articles about recent changes. Is the presentation question quite obvious or is it a bit obscure? Also did find that alot of the stats in the pa k were for 2012-2013 as opposed to last year?
Someone did comment about the assessment day but the mods deleted the comments so I doubt we are allowed to say. To avoid this comment being deleted just to reassure you, you have been provided with all the information you need to answer the questions on the day.
Opera ghost
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's great, thank you!
stillamazed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How many candidates were at everyone's assessment centres?? There were maybe 7 or 8 of us for mine, but I know someone who was part of a group of only 5, and I see someone else on the thread has said six. Anyone else?
kevin6767
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stillamazed)
How many candidates were at everyone's assessment centres?? There were maybe 7 or 8 of us for mine, but I know someone who was part of a group of only 5, and I see someone else on the thread has said six. Anyone else?
Mine had 6 others. I'm guessing 7 is a standard. I did ask at the assessment centre and they said they were interviewing 480 so a lot of candidates to get through!
Opera ghost
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kevin6767)
Mine had 6 others. I'm guessing 7 is a standard. I did ask at the assessment centre and they said they were interviewing 480 so a lot of candidates to get through!
Mine had 6
Liles93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nervy now, really want to get this job!
Liles93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, wow 480?!

I thought it was like 6 per assessment centre, 2 centres per day for 20 working days = 240.

Off by half, damn.
stillamazed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Liles93)
Also, wow 480?!

I thought it was like 6 per assessment centre, 2 centres per day for 20 working days = 240.

Off by half, damn.
I think you're probably right. No way it's possibly to interview as many people Kev suggested unless there was like 12 per session, but everyone is reporting around 6. Misunderstanding I hope!
kevin6767
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stillamazed)
I think you're probably right. No way it's possibly to interview as many people Kev suggested unless there was like 12 per session, but everyone is reporting around 6. Misunderstanding I hope!
It wasn't guess work I asked on the day.
manutd_champions
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone heard back?
explosion93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by manutd_champions)
Anyone heard back?
Nothing yet for me.

Does anyone know when we can expect a response?

I never got a chance to ask because they really seemed in a hurry to get us in and out of the AC lol.
Liles93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I asked and they said in the second week of March I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liles93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any news? Hoping it'll be by the end of the week, this is like checking for uni applications again haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
cmoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I e-mailed Penna and they said they were expecting to inform applicants next week. So I'll either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows on St Paddy's day!
Liles93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cmoh)
I e-mailed Penna and they said they were expecting to inform applicants next week. So I'll either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows on St Paddy's day!
Here's hoping the former!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liles93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cmoh)
Confirmed this today, from the week commencing 16/3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Opera ghost
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've heard some people have been made offers for the April intake...
cmoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did they say how they found out? E-mail, phone call, letter?
manutd_champions
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a call- now going through vetting process

Anyone know how many people applied in total?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads