?
Report 4 years ago
any applicants for law?
imperialjunkie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I know already asked OP this but did anyone else get in on predicted grades only?
michele394
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by imperialjunkie)
Hey, I know already asked OP this but did anyone else get in on predicted grades only?
i got an offer based on predicted IB grades
although i've done IGCSEs too
imperialjunkie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by michele394)
i got an offer based on predicted IB grades
although i've done IGCSEs too

sorry I should've been more specific - was it an unconditional offer?
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

sorry I should've been more specific - was it an unconditional offer?

I don't think anyone receives an unconditional offer when they haven't completed their secondary education.
Alihuxley
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I received a conditional offer last night to study International Relations tbh it's almost unconditional as they only want 34 IB points and I have been predicted a 40 (38 without added points) I'm really excited, anyone else for IR ?
nellybelly29
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alihuxley)
I received a conditional offer last night to study International Relations tbh it's almost unconditional as they only want 34 IB points and I have been predicted a 40 (38 without added points) I'm really excited, anyone else for IR ?
Me! I already have my unconditional and I plan to firm for Edinburgh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
nellybelly29
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
I don't think anyone receives an unconditional offer when they haven't completed their secondary education.
They give unconditionals more often to international applicants I think. I was given an unconditional and I'm not yet done with high school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alihuxley
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
I haven't heard of any IB students or A level students getting in on just predicted grades. Unconditional offers are more common with already completed courses or US students who have completed the SATs or ACT. x
Frank the Tankk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It appears that my AAA offer has been lowered to ABB!
nellybelly29
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you guys know that I will be meeting with a person from the University of Edinburgh's North American office in NYC. I have a bunch of questions for her, and if you have any questions you'd like me to ask her, I be happy to! Just comment or message me if you have anything you'd like me to ask hope everyone has a lovely New Years!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LLa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by oliwialidia)
Congrats! I'm waiting to hear on psychology! So worried since everyone seems to be getting theirs!

I've applied to psychology MA too! Any news for offer?
oliwialidia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LLa)
I've applied to psychology MA too! Any news for offer?
No not yet! I think we'll probably hear something after the deadline for applications.. Waiting is getting very tiring!
LLa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, it's true! But why do you think are they already giving offers to other courses? It's not fair! lol
jamescharlick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got an ABB conditional rom Edinburgh for straight Biology??? This seems so weird as even a contextual offer, I'd assume, would only be taken down to AAB... Anyone else got an offer for biology?
Frank the Tankk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jamescharlick)
I've got an ABB conditional rom Edinburgh for straight Biology??? This seems so weird as even a contextual offer, I'd assume, would only be taken down to AAB... Anyone else got an offer for biology?
I'm confused too! I got an offer in November of AAA for CompSci and just before Christmas it was lowered to ABB. I'm not complaining though...
jamescharlick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Frank the Tankk)
I'm confused too! I got an offer in November of AAA for CompSci and just before Christmas it was lowered to ABB. I'm not complaining though...
Yeah me too and I'm definitely not complaining either... maybe they just got fewer applicants than expected this year? It is odd, especially as Cardiff have offered me AAB, even though they are supposedly nowhere near as good as Edinburgh for Biology!
oliwialidia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LLa)
Yeah, it's true! But why do you think are they already giving offers to other courses? It's not fair! lol
I'd say it's because their humanities department is separate - so they do it at different times than the science or economic courses, I think so anyway haha!
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jamescharlick)
even though they are supposedly nowhere near as good as Edinburgh for Biology!
There is no correlation between conditional offers and quality of institution.
havocion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there anyone from England/Scotland who has received an offer? I live in London and plan on firming Edinburgh to read Biological Sciences (Biochemistry). Anyone else in the Science department? Edinburgh is an amazing place and I'm so excited to study there received my offer in November. Go us
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads