Eurovision Song Contest Society 2015 Watch

ManicPumpkin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Genesis2703)
You picked 3 songs I don't mind so well done on that. Suitcase is one of the fan favourites so it is a decent bet, while Hotel A seems to be the quirky dark horse. I don't realistically see the Danish song winning (even though it would be cool to see more languages).

ps. the 2nd post on the 1st page is fairly outdated now, a weekend spring clean perhaps?
Oh well thank you

I regularly update that you cheeky sod What exactly needs updating? YouTube links?
Lionheart96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wurst only won because she had a beard, the song was horrible.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ManicPumpkin)
I regularly update that you cheeky sod What exactly needs updating? YouTube links?
I meant Post 3.... I beg for ye forgiveness

(Original post by Lionheart96)
Wurst only won because she had a beard, the song was horrible.
Agree with the 1st part of the sentence, disagree with the 2nd as it was definitely one of the better live performances of the night (in terms of vocals) and the song itself was well constructed and flowed, good staging also. Of course if you dislike that sort of music of course then the song won't be to your taste anyway, but then you'd dislike Sweden & Spain and other songs last year.... Which I simply could not do personally aha
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
I meant Post 3.... I beg for ye forgiveness
Ach post 3 is fine! Just 1 and 2 which require the most love and attention
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
There are SEVEN Eurovision selection shows for you to keep an eye on tonight!

DENMARK: Melodi Grand Prix 2015 – FINAL (7:00pm | Watch here)
SWEDEN: Melodifestivalen – Semi-Final 1 (7:00pm | Watch here)
ESTONIA: Eesti Laul – Semi-Final 1 (7:35pm | Watch here)
ICELAND: Songvakeppnin – Semi-Final 2 (7:45pm | Watch here)
HUNGARY: A Dal – Heat 3 (7:25pm | Watch here)
FINLAND: UMK – Semi-Final 1 (7:00pm | Watch here)
LITHUANIA: Eurovizija – Elimination Round (7:00pm | Watch here)
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ManicPumpkin)
There are SEVEN Eurovision selection shows for you to keep an eye on tonight!

DENMARK: Melodi Grand Prix 2015 – FINAL (7:00pm)
SWEDEN: Melodifestivalen – Semi-Final 1 (7:00pm)
ESTONIA: Eesti Laul – Semi-Final 1 (7:35pm)
ICELAND: Songvakeppnin – Semi-Final 2 (7:45pm)
HUNGARY: A Dal – Heat 3 (7:25pm)
FINLAND: UMK – Semi-Final 1 (7:00pm)
LITHUANIA: Eurovizija – Elimination Round (7:00pm)
Can't decide what to watch between Denmark and Sweden for sure. Why do they all have to be on at the same time!

Loving this rehearsal preview though, this metal goddess + tenor combo could be something I'm really into if the rest of the song is great! Not soo keen on Saade's new song, but realistically it is going to win Melodifestivalen isn't it? -.-
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Can't decide what to watch between Denmark and Sweden for sure. Why do they all have to be on at the same time!

Loving this rehearsal preview though, this metal goddess + tenor combo could be something I'm really into if the rest of the song is great! Not soo keen on Saade's new song, but realistically it is going to win Melodifestivalen isn't it? -.-
Saade's song really isn't good, is it?! It'll qualify because it's him though...

I do like that song! Hope it qualifies! (Only because I win money if it does )
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Super Saturday starts now!

DENMARK: Melodi Grand Prix 2015 – FINAL (7:00pm | Watch here)
SWEDEN: Melodifestivalen – Semi-Final 1 (7:00pm | Watch here)
ESTONIA: Eesti Laul – Semi-Final 1 (7:35pm | Watch here)
ICELAND: Songvakeppnin – Semi-Final 2 (7:45pm | Watch here)
HUNGARY: A Dal – Heat 3 (7:25pm | Watch here)
FINLAND: UMK – Semi-Final 1 (7:00pm | Watch here)
LITHUANIA: Eurovizija – Elimination Round (7:00pm | Watch here)
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Denmark has decided to send Anti Social Media with "The Way You Are"

Not that keen on the song at all, It's the type of song that I can see some people over here liking but me myself hating (e.g. Tomorrow by Malta in 2013, which I still argue is horrible). But ugh, Denmark had such better songs, it's even worse as this song didn't even win the televote....

Sweden did not cheer me up either, One by One & I'll Be Fine both being out in Sweden instantly is just a crime. I honestly don't see how both can be out. I knew one of Jessica/Hammar/Elize wouldn't make it, but the fact Elize didn't was just shocking...

And yeah the other countries were fairly meh as well, but not nearly as annoying. Although Iceland gave out their wildcard stupidly!
mikec47
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So Australia will compete in the Grand Final at this years Eurovision as a one off to mark the 60th anniversary!

Geneva, Switzerland - Yes, you read that right! After a prominent place in the interval act of last year’s Eurovision Song Contest, Australia will compete in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, to take place on 19, 21 and 23rd of May in Vienna, Austria. Just for once, and for many good reasons!

This year, the Eurovision Song Contest celebrates its 60th anniversary. To give the anniversary celebrations an extra dimension and to walk the talk on this year’s themeBuilding Bridges, the EBU and host broadcaster ORF invited Australia to compete in the Grand Final of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest. This brings the total amount of represented countries to 40.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?i...n_song_contest
They would also be allowed back next year should they win, with the contest being held in a European nation.
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh my gosh, great news about Australia. Gonna be good this year... what if they won?! :yikes:
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
Oh my gosh, great news about Australia. Gonna be good this year... what if they won?! :yikes:
Australia? They have entered?
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just to confirm the news about Australia:

1) Australia is taking part... yes seriously
2) They are in the Final automatically like us, so the final has 27 countries!
3) They are in as a wildcard, they will be drawn into a random half of the final like everyone else
4) They get to vote in BOTH semis AND the final
5) Everyone can vote for Australia (i.e. they get points and they can win)
6) If they win, they must compete next year otherwise they can't compete again
7) If they win, a european country will host (but australia will help host of course), apparently this will be Germany
8) Their artist will be announced "very soon"

I'm feeling VERY mixed about this, the EBU claim it's a one off, but it could easily be a slippery slope. I kinda liked how close-knit eurovision was before. Also the results could easily be weird this year (people voting for/against them simply because they like or dislike them being in)

Also if Australia has the deciding vote and changes the winner or something..... aha the anger will be large

(Original post by Snufkin)

(Original post by Aph)
Australia? They have entered?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

3) They are in as a wildcard, they will be drawn into a random half of the final like everyone else
7) If they win, a european country will host (but australia will help host of course), apparently this will be Germany

I'm feeling VERY mixed about this, the EBU claim it's a one off, but it could easily be a slippery slope. I kinda liked how close-knit eurovision was before. Also the results could easily be weird this year (people voting for/against them simply because they like or dislike them being in)

Also if Australia has the deciding vote and changes the winner or something..... aha the anger will be large
So if they don't win they can compete again too? I know we've had wild cards like Mexico before and I know the ozzies like Eurovision but I hope they don't win.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
So if they don't win they can compete again too? I know we've had wild cards like Mexico before and I know the ozzies like Eurovision but I hope they don't win.
No, I mean if they do win, then they must compete in 2016, if they don't win in May, bye bye to Australia. If they win twice in a row or something I don't know what happens
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I mean if they do win, then they must compete in 2016, if they don't win in May, bye bye to Australia. If they win twice in a row or something I don't know what happens
Ahhh ok, no one has ever won twice in a row though? Right
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Eurovision's hardly close-knit these days though. It's already spanned 3 different continents, why not a fourth?

And I can't see Oz having the deciding vote, there's so many countries voting in the final, one more will probably not make a difference.

(Original post by Aph)
Ahhh ok, no one has ever won twice in a row though? Right
It has happened, last time was 1994 when Ireland won it for the third time running.
hussnainz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I think its a good thing to do for the 60th anniversary to invite Australia. But it they do happen to win, i do think that the UK should host it. Also are they planning to invite anyone else?
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
Eurovision's hardly close-knit these days though. It's already spanned 3 different continents, why not a fourth?
Well at least the countries were close geographically on the whole last time, I mean if this was the US instead of Australia, I'd be up in arms and furious about it. I understand in the case of Australia they actually really care about it and i'll trust that it is indeed a one off.

(Original post by hussnainz)
I think its a good thing to do for the 60th anniversary to invite Australia. But it they do happen to win, i do think that the UK should host it. Also are they planning to invite anyone else?
I heard that "this offers new surprises for later years" or something like that, so maybe we will have more one-offs in future.... I do hope not. Germany would host because they are the most able to, and are the centre of the EBU and all that I'd imagine
hussnainz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well at least the countries were close geographically on the whole last time, I mean if this was the US instead of Australia, I'd be up in arms and furious about it. I understand in the case of Australia they actually really care about it and i'll trust that it is indeed a one off.

I heard that "this offers new surprises for later years" or something like that, so maybe we will have more one-offs in future.... I do hope not. Germany would host because they are the most able to, and are the centre of the EBU and all that I'd imagine
Are Germany the most able? I would assume the UK as they have hosted the most amount of contests and i'm sure the BBC is the most experienced broadcaster as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads