The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Law (Magdalen)

Honestly, it feels surreal posting here. I remember looking over offer-holders threads in previous years and thinking what I'd be willing to do to get an offer myself.
Reply 81
Original post by yz5267
Haha please don't, it's just one of the advantages of a gap year :wink:

what did u do during the gap year?
Reply 82
Anybody else faced some bitterness/jealousy from applicants who didn't secure a place?
Original post by Marcum
Anybody else faced some bitterness/jealousy from applicants who didn't secure a place?

No, but I feel incredibly guilty and sad for a couple of people I really hoped would get places but didn't ):
Reply 84
Original post by Chlorophile
No, but I feel incredibly guilty and sad for a couple of people I really hoped would get places but didn't ):

I feel that many people who applied were just as deserving of a place as me. I was quite sad when I found out they were unsuccessful. I think college tomorrow will be quite awkward.

Which college did you get an offer from?
Original post by Marcum
I feel that many people who applied were just as deserving of a place as me. I was quite sad when I found out they were unsuccessful. I think college tomorrow will be quite awkward.

Which college did you get an offer from?

St. Anne's

My fear really is about the other people in my course which is probably irrational, but it's got a very small intake and a lot of things are done as a group so it's quite important that you get along. My nightmare scenario is that everyone else will just be people who want to go into the oil industry. This other person I knew was the only applicant I had met who actually had the same kind of aims and ideals as me but he didn't get in. I'm probably stressing over nothing but still.
Reply 86
Classics at Brasenose!
Reply 87
Original post by Chlorophile
St. Anne's

My fear really is about the other people in my course which is probably irrational, but it's got a very small intake and a lot of things are done as a group so it's quite important that you get along. My nightmare scenario is that everyone else will just be people who want to go into the oil industry. This other person I knew was the only applicant I had met who actually had the same kind of aims and ideals as me but he didn't get in. I'm probably stressing over nothing but still.

Roughly similar figures get into Hertford for Chemistry. You most probably are being irrational, I suppose Oxford want people who are passionate about their subject, and not just people interested in the magnitude of salaries. Even if they are in it for the oil, they may be agreeable people! Also, there are societies where you could meet people who you share things in common with. It will be fun! ^_^
Original post by Marcum
Roughly similar figures get into Hertford for Chemistry. You most probably are being irrational, I suppose Oxford want people who are passionate about their subject, and not just people interested in the magnitude of salaries. Even if they are in it for the oil, they may be agreeable people! Also, there are societies where you could meet people who you share things in common with. It will be fun! ^_^

I know, you're right, I'm just looking for an excuse to panic as I always do :smile:
I feel so privileged to be posting here... It is very strange.

Classics at St. Anne's!
Reply 90
I got an offer for Engineering at Keble! In a state if disbelief!!!! It took a lot for me to pluck up the courage to even apply and now I can't actually believe they liked me enough to give me an offer 😁 AAAAHHHHH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Anyone elses parents gone mad with pride? It appears my mum has taken it upon herself to tell literally everyone she knows..

Not sure if I like it haha
Reply 92
Original post by simba_n
I got an offer for Engineering at Keble! In a state if disbelief!!!! It took a lot for me to pluck up the courage to even apply and now I can't actually believe they liked me enough to give me an offer 😁 AAAAHHHHH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big congrats - if everything goes to plan in august I should be seeing you there!
Reply 93
Original post by anonlad
Big congrats - if everything goes to plan in august I should be seeing you there!

Thank you so much! My head is well and truly down for the rest of the year, so focused and excited!!

Hahahha my mum is exactly the same! I don't think it will ever stop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Law at Queen's! Hasn't quite gone in yet!
PPE at LMH!!!! And I truly still can't believe it!
English Lit at St Edmund Hall - absolutely cannot believe my luck!!
Reply 97
Anyone get an offer from Wadham for engineering?
Reply 98
Original post by Marcum

No I have a couple of friends who applied but didn't get in but they've been really cool about it, I went out with them and a few others tonight. I feel awkward about it because I they both are so much better than me but I know they'll be fine. One's going to be doing Chemistry at Imperial so he's not in too bad a position :wink:
Reply 99
Original post by anonlad
Anyone elses parents gone mad with pride? It appears my mum has taken it upon herself to tell literally everyone she knows..

Not sure if I like it haha

My mum cried :')

Latest

Trending

Trending