Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anti Muslim violence spreading across France-mosques & muslim businesses bombed watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R Dragon)
    Shh.... We must conform to the belief that Muslims aren't victims >.>
    We need more shovels! Good little docile PC conformists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    should we call that an anti cartoonist attack?
    That's actually a good idea. It would belittle their act in an appropriate way.

The poor silly children go upset at the naughty picture and rather than tell teacher they went and killed the naughty cartoonists and some of their gang.

They're not freedom fighters or glorious warriors of the religious revolution. Just stupid people who can't come to terms with the world as it is so hit out on some people who can't fight back.

Pathetic, cowardly bullies.

Bullies who pick on cartoonists because they haven't the balls or intelligence to actually work hard to make the world a better place.

Yes, it was an anti-cartoonist attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PopaPork)
    That's exactly what is happening here

No muslims have been hurt since this yet they are suddenly the victims of 'terrorists attacks'

and this before they've finished cleaning the blood of the streets of Paris
    Simple question here:

Do you agree that the reactionary attempted attacks where terrorist incidents or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maybe tibis v)
    i'm pointing out that 'terrorism' and 'terror incidents' is abit meaningless.

you can't compare mass murderers to someone throwing blank grenades.
    Actually you can, attempted mass murder is bad if not as bad as mass murder. Just because nobody died doesn't mean that they weren't a terrotist attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    Simple question here:

Do you agree that the reactionary attempted attacks where terrorist incidents or not?
    If you had bothered to read my posts on this you will see that I do not

Can I ask you, do you believe throwing lumps of metal or stones is a terrorist attack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamKeene)
    Perhaps, I'm just highlighting that the influentially forces which actually matter in the Arab world do want a holy war, not a slow peaceful cultural victory.

And its often these people who influence the moderates and others.

Most Germans were peaceful, but it was the Nazi's who drove the forces which ended in the deaths of 60 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Most Russians were peaceful, but they managed to kill 20 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Most Chinese were peaceful, but they managed to kill 70 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Same with Japan, most Japanese were peaceful, but it didn't stop the army from gunning its way through south east Asia killing 12 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter.

Same with Islam, it's the 15-25% radicals who want a holy war which matter, not the rest which quietly hope that Europe will peacefully be annexed culturally and demographically. Which is why I raised the point originally. It's this group which needs our focus.

Honestly you can class the reactionary attacks as terrorism. They are attacks on the civilian population of France to further a political (anti-Islam) goal.
    Most British people were and still are peaceful. Didn't stop Britain taking over and oppressing most of the world, enslaving where the empire could

Btw it wasn't Germany who invwntee concentration camps iirc. That was the UK iirc

See I can generalise too....

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what is happening here

No muslims have been hurt since this yet they are suddenly the victims of 'terrorists attacks'

and this before they've finished cleaning the blood of the streets of Paris
    OMG....

Just because nobody was hurt does not mean that it was a terrorist attack, it was an attempt to kill/injure multiple number of people.

Once again awnser my question:

Were those retaliating attacks terrorist attacks or not, if so why?

ReputationRep:
    Actually you can, attempted mass murder is bad if not as bad as mass murder. Just because nobody died doesn't mean that they weren't a terrorist attack.
    the motive is one of the important defining characterisitcs of terrosits. i dont agree with reactionery attacks , an they will still be treated as criminal action. but they can be explained as motivated by the islamists ( which is exactly waht fundamental islam follwrs want, becuase they want muslims to 'unite' and fight a jihad/war against non muslims, becuase that is essentially what mohammed did).

utlimatly islamists are as stupid as they are barbaric becuase if they didnt like western society , why do they choose to live there? they are simply the moronic hypocrites, but dont realise it

ReputationRep:
    OMG....

Just because nobody was hurt does not mean that it was a terrorist attack, it was an attempt to kill/injure multiple number of people.

Once again awnser my question:

Were those retaliating attacks terrorist attacks or not, if so why?
    No they were not.

How can you kill people with a blank grenade?

The takeaway was empty so no one hurt there and the report on the shots say 'shots were fired near' that is all no one even knows why or who fired them so massive jump to conclusion I'm afraid.

So no no terrorist attacks here

So now I've answered your questions will you answer mine?

But it really is sad how you (and others) are trying to claim these incidents are on a par with the terrorist attacks on the cartoonists.

But I'm sure it reinforces your sense of victim hood:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thuggee)
    the motive is one of the important defining characterisitcs of terrosits. i dont agree with reactionery attacks , an they will still be treated as criminal action. but they can be explained as motivated by the islamists ( which is exactly waht fundamental islam follwrs want, becuase they want muslims to 'unite' and fight a jihad/war against non muslims, becuase that is essentially what mohammed did).

utlimatly islamists are as stupid as they are barbaric becuase if they didnt like western society , why do they choose to live there? they are simply the moronic hypocrites, but dont realise it
    I agree but both attacks whether attempted or carried out are just as bad as each other. Differentiating between islamic terror attack and anti-islamic terror attack is just plain wrong and only adds to the medias narrative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Most British people were and still are peaceful. Didn't stop Britain taking over and oppressing most of the world, enslaving where the empire could

Btw it wasn't Germany who invwntee concentration camps iirc. That was the UK iirc

See I can generalise too....
    Your second paragraph is unreadable - but the rest of it.. so what? It's just another example of the peaceful majority not mattering with regards to stopping the violence.

And no, it's not a generalization. >.<

so you must think that they think that they have the capability to win a holy war?
    No I don't. How does this even logically follow? It doesn't.

When the BBC interviews these extremists, especially during the Iraq war - their line of reasoning is 'God is on our side'. They honestly believe Allah will lead them to victory, and that Allah himself decides if the bullets they fire hit the targets. Their indoctrinated mind thinks they can win the Holy War.

So in their mind, they do have the capability, no matter how false it is.

ReputationRep:
    I agree but both attacks whether attempted or carried out are just as bad as each other. Differentiating between islamic terror attack and anti-islamic terror attack is just plain wrong and only adds to the medias narrative.
    it depends on the attack - but islamic terorism is a far biger problem to humanity and the doctrine they try and use is also causing these problems. without it there would be hardly any retalitory crimes, and muslim community would have little to worry about. but they would never admit that their difficulties are being caused by the islamist ideology - go figure

ReputationRep:
    you say that radical muslims want a holy war. so you must think that they think that they have the capability to win a holy war? how is this so?.
    Because they believe Allah will help them win

Simple really

ReputationRep:
    Just to point out that the police officer shot dead yesterday in that video was a muslim. His name was Ahmed Merabat.

ReputationRep:
    But these aren't a clear representation of Parisians, or French people, or European people, or western people, Or White people!

You can count in your hands how many people did this, an incredibly small fraction of the French population, you should not promote further hate my friend as you will cite more hate against the French? The majority of French people are peaceful law abiding people, they are a country of peace!

This is bigotry my friend.

ReputationRep:
    guys you are picking on the wrong people. The illuminati are to blame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evening)
    I don't give a **** to be perfectly honest.
    Would you care if it were the other way around?

ReputationRep:
    *glitch*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No it's called a fact

3 Blank grenades were thrown. No one knows by who but 3 blank grenades were thrown.

How many hurt = 0
    But 1 exploded.. It was am attack. Are you saying I can go up to the Queen and fire blank shots at her and her corgis and we can forget it all because they were blanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryBarney)
    But 1 exploded..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Source please

My source says they were all Blanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.