Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you find some accents attractive? If so, which ones? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm Australian born and raised, So I've got a pretty thick accent. Foreigners seem to laugh when you say G'day though.

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire/Sheffield and the Manc accent are great. As is Irish.

People always think I'm strange but I find German really sexy too :L

ReputationRep:
    Irish every time, always wanted to marry an Irish guy when I was younger. Oh and Scottish too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bronwencerimarsh)
    Irish every time, always wanted to marry an Irish guy when I was younger. Oh and Scottish too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I ruefully agree ^^^^

ReputationRep:
    Like many people, Irish! Specifically around Dublin but I like a Belfast accent too. Edinburgh accent is lovely. I'm surprised at the lack of people melting over a French accent because I could listen to that for hours. I'm from North Wales and accents around my way are so horrible, but I love the Southwalian valleys accent!

ReputationRep:
    Irish, Welsh and London.

(Original post by steadmusic)
    Just realised it was a thread for girls and I'm not a girl so my post is null and void.
    Nah I just put Girls but who cares. I'd rename the thread but cba.

ReputationRep:
    Irish, Scottish, German, Italian, Russian, Romanian, Deep South American, etc
    I'm a sucker for an accent.

ReputationRep:
    Canadian

ReputationRep:
    German! Argh I'm so attracted to German speakers/German people it's weird :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Scottish, Manchester, Italian, Russian, Serbian and Lincolnshire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuremedic19)
    I lived in Cardiff about 14 years and just moved to the outskirts of Newport. Most people in Cardiff deffo don't have the Welsh accent and I've hardly ever heard of people having a conversation in Welsh in public. You'd probable hear the strong welsh accent in the valleys where they speak welsh as a first language
    For me Australian accent is the best. Don't really like Irish/welsh/scottish/american.
    Australian/spanish/french accent on women is the most attractive.
    Welsh is certainly not the first language of people from the valleys.. Up North it might be but certainly not the valleys.

ReputationRep:
    Accents from up north get to me down south. Lool. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EyesOfAPanther)
    Irish, Scottish, German, Italian, Russian, Romanian, Deep South American, etc
    I'm a sucker for an accent.
    Sucker?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a sucker for French *-*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Sucker?
    Yeah, it means I like them a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Scottish and Scandinavian

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're insane. Danish sounds like sandpaper grating. Swedish isn't that bad, nor is norsk, but they aren't superhot.

(Original post by Dani California)
    Not gonna lie, I actually like the Manchester accent...
    Lived in Manchester for many years and apparently my accent is hot! Think it's more the posh type though

ReputationRep:
    Strong British (but not like 'my head resides in my ass' accent, more like Alex Pettyfer's accent *commence drool*)

Italian, possibly American, possibly Spanish, and Russian accents just give me the tingles haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuremedic19)
    I lived in Cardiff about 14 years and just moved to the outskirts of Newport. Most people in Cardiff deffo don't have the Welsh accent and I've hardly ever heard of people having a conversation in Welsh in public. You'd probable hear the strong welsh accent in the valleys where they speak welsh as a first language
    For me Australian accent is the best. Don't really like Irish/welsh/scottish/american.
    Australian/spanish/french accent on women is the most attractive.
    I know tbh I hate Welsh lol we have to do it for GCSE's and it's pointless if were not going to speak it and our accent is not welsh at all but it's not English, its like in between and unique kind of lol. Also agree with you, Australian accents are nice but Welsh is the best Jks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Lived in Manchester for many years and apparently my accent is hot! Think it's more the posh type though
    Haha, do you sound anything like Noel Gallagher?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.