Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee342)
    Couldn't agree more.

I've been asked why I'm single a couple of times recently. I don't really see why it's anyone's business and I don't understand why you'd ask it either.

Being in a relationship isn't the be all and end all (in fact I'm happier single than I was in my previous relationship) and I haven't met anyone recently who I 100% want a relationship with. I'd rather be single for the time being and I see nothing wrong with that
    Preach it sister.

But seriously, that's always exactly what I want to say in response to the question, but I always seem to come out with "Uh, I dunno really..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Here's hoping my adult years end up like yours I went to a girls' school so it was quite hard speaking to the opposite sex once I started uni haha
    Yeah I can imagine. You'll find it gets better, and you get more confident and comfortable as you get older. I look back and cringe at some of the situations I found myself in, and wish I'd been how I am now, back then.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care when people ask me to be honest. If they find it strange that I am single that is their problem not mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    My choice too. I'll think of having one in second year but first year I want to have fun and not be restricted
    You make it sound like you buy them from a shop.

1. Religion
    2. Haven't met the right guy!
    3. Want to meet someone, who wants marriage to be his priority

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenni12)
    I'm single because most of the girls I try to form bonds with don't seem to give a ****, when ever I try to form a relationship with a girl I like, It always ends up being one sided, with me always starting up the conversation, always asking the questions, calling 1st, texting 1st, messaging 1st, etc and her adding insult to injury by not replying to my last messages in time or even worse,ever.
    I've had people telling me many times(not just family members and loved ones) that I'm good-looking, I'm kind, I'm upfront, I'm this and that, so I don't know why I should assume that I am unattractive?, so now I just assume that I always go for the wrong girls(maybe she doesn't like black men, maybe she's a lesbian, maybe she prefers older men, maybe she doesn't like my lifestyle, etc), even asking a girl to go on a date with me is a challenge. But still I try to look at the bright side, at least I spent nothing on them.
    Also, even if I got into a relationship now, I know fully well that if any girl came to me for just a fling I did be like "why didn't this happen when I was single?". I know a guy who broke up with his girlfriend because he shagged 5 other girls behind her back, yet a single guy like me couldn't get one. So I want to get into as many flings as possible before I find someone I'm ready to love til death.
    This

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Religion
    2. Haven't met the right guy
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    When I was at uni, (I was 20, btw) someone had made this huge issue out of me being single, saying how if I didn;t find someone now, I'd never find someone. She then went on to talk about me having kids and other stuff.

I'm happy being single. If it happens, it happens. But if it doesn't, then so what? I can't say I'm bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Several reasons:

- I don't tend to surround myself enough with female company
    - I'm not the type of person towards whom girls would usually gravitate
    - I am happy not to be in a relationship as I am cutting a lot of unnecessary drama and hassle out of my life
    - I do lack a bit of confidence with approaching women anyway
    - My signature.

ReputationRep:
    What's that supposed to mean?

ReputationRep:
    I'm single. I'm happy as I am and unless I meet someone who I really like and makes me happier then there's no point in getting in a random relationship. Some people feel the need to be in a relationship and can't be on their own

ReputationRep:
    Because attractive women don't like me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaSQU4RED)
    Several reasons:

- I am happy not to be in a relationship as I am cutting a lot of unnecessary drama and hassle out of my life
    - My signature.
    Your...signature?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Several reasons:

- My signature.
    Fair enough. Those are good reasons, but what have your signature (I have read it) to do with your life as a single? The reason in the middle is the one which applies to me as well.

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't want to have to 'share' or have to 'compromise' things with someone emotionally at this present moment in time, as it takes a lot of time off my hands for other things, and most importantly I don't want any drama right now. I am very content with my social life at the moment and am enjoying life very much, I don't want a girl who wants my so called love and affection ruining that (at least for now ).

I will hopefully be in a relationship when the time is right, and when the person I want to have one with is the person whom i wish to spend the rest of my life with. Right now a girl of that sort hasn't even popped up in my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Because I always like people who don't like me back, and have people like me who I don't like back.

So in other words: I'm just unlucky, and therefore, single.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    Your...signature?
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Fair enough. Those are good reasons, but what have your signature (I have read it) to do with your life as a single?
    That was more of a cynical joke than anything, I commented on a thread like this before and someone jokingly insinuated that I'd be less likely to meet people because of me being a PhD student, especially in a STEM subject.

ReputationRep:
    That was more of a cynical joke than anything, I commented on a thread like this before and someone jokingly insinuated that I'd be less likely to meet people because of me being a PhD student, especially in a STEM subject.
    Screw that, I think having a PhD can only make someone more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    Screw that, I think having a PhD can only make someone more attractive.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=354235&stc=1
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg fzju9.jpg (39.1 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Links not working, try again?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.