Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Jealous of a distant friend watch

Announcements

(Original post by Ahava)
    There is a possibility of going private. Although, I've heard it's hard to get a place due to waiting lists and it would end up being very expensive.

If the doctors don't think it would help then I would go off that. Sometimes, people who have been sectioned actually get worse or leave with a new, different illness.

But well done for having the motivation to try new activities etc. Just summoning the motivation can be really hard, I'm like that at the moment. Hope you find something that you enjoy and that you can get stuck into. It's a step to recovery, be proud.
    private hospitals cost around £400 pounds per night. i havent got that sort of money.
    i have nothing to be proud of. i think i'm just a drain on this planet.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh I will never ever have children. It would be a crime against humanity if I did.
    I feel like that, it's really sad though because I love kids, but I really can't even look after myself. If I make it to about 35 and I'm fine I'd consider adoption. Don't believe my body will allow be to give birth without exploding.

Your mind has been intertwined. I have a feeling that unless you read those books and apply those documented facts by the best loveliest doctor in the world, you are likely to suffer for a long time.

People want to become rich overnight, people want to become healthy overnight, people want to stop suffering overnight. Does not work.

Examine nature around you. A tree takes a long time to grow, so does a human.

Do what I said, in two years you will be considered normal. In four to five years you will be considered awesome.

If you do not start now, you will be forever stuck.
    How do you know all this? Are you a doctor or have you been through these things and how do you know the book is so good?x

How do you know all this? Are you a doctor or have you been through these things and how do you know the book is so good?x
    The book works, I went through a similar form of health anxiety.

I rarely think about my health now and it has been 1.5 years. In another 1.5 years, considering I follow my path, I should be fine.

The book gives you insights, different examples; to make your brain understand how it occurred, why it occurred and the different ways other individuals were instructed to get rid of their fears and habit forming patterns.

The lucky thing about you and me and many people is that; if you learn to control your mind at such a young age, then people around you; as you get older; will always be on the brink of a nervous meltdown and wonder how the hell you're coping with these stressful situations.

Little do they know, you have the secret.

bump.

over two weeks ago she said her mother was staying with her for a week, and that when she leaves she would like to go for a coffee in town. but she hasnt messaged me since.

what do i make of that? is she just too busy to remember?

i met with her and it was so awkward. we met after she'd finished work at 6 and i didnt have much time, so i asked if we could meet in the weekend and she said she's got people staying over at her place pretty much all of february...i get that she's popular but is this normal??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.