Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good god....Talib has HORRIBLE. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME. Jesus Christ.

ReputationRep:
    CJ Anderson. 4th and 2, hit 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, kept his feet moving, got his pad level down and powered through for 14 yards after contact, for a big first down.

ReputationRep:
    There is no way that this is a first down. That's a ball game!

ReputationRep:
    Peyton's last game?

ReputationRep:
    Good game Colts. My Broncos completely **** the bed. The only one who showed any fight was CJ Anderson. Urgh,

ReputationRep:
    Four best teams have made it through IMO

ReputationRep:
    Patriots - Seahawks

ReputationRep:
    So, I've had a few minutes to collect my thoughts. This is how it is.

Welll, that sucked. Gotta hand it to the Colts. They went out to Denver, and showed more fight in the game. In the end, there was just a lack of Football fundamentals. A lack of wrapping up. A lack of situational intelligence...dumb penalties at stupid times, and an inability to get to the sideline.

I'd be surprised if it was Peyton's last game. If it was, it was, an absolute pleasure going to Sports Authority Field at Mile High, and watching The Sheriff do his stuff live against the Dolphins, changing the play, hitting Sanders deep, throwing TD's to DT. What will be, will be, as they say.

Enough of the negatives. The future's still bright. The future's still orange. I'm in glass case of emotion, but CJ Anderson showed a whole lot of heart, drive and fight. 4th and 2? Game on the line? Scratch that, Season on the line? Hit 5 yards behind the line-of-scrimmage -- no problem...13 yards after contact to get the first down. Let's see....other positives....well...Chris Harris Jr. had a pretty solid game. It was nice to see Brandon Marshall play again. I guess the o-line played okay for most part, being solid in run-blocking. Pass-blocking could have been improved...but oh well.

#StillUnitedInOrange #GoBroncos.

When I was at Mile High, this message on the wall really hit home.

Well, I'm still proud of the season the Broncos had. I'm proud of the players. Yeah, they didn't have a good game (understatement of the century), but this should mar a good season. AFC-West champions, second overall seed. Well, I wish the Patriots, and the Colts the best, in the AFCCG. Regardless, as much as I hate the Patriots, or upset my team lost, I still want the AFC to represent. People have been dogging on the conference...well...there are a lot of quality teams in there. A lot, and I hope they give the NFC represented a good game in the Superbowl.

(Original post by Stalin)
    Peyton's last game?
    I'd be surprised if it was. 2 drops by Demaryius, when they were thrown right in the bucket, killed any momentum the Broncos could have got. Sanders was tripped on on of the deep throws, a couple came off his hands. A few were over thrown, but he couldn't get any rhythm. Look, I'm not trying to be a Peyton apologist. he had a poor game. Quarterbacks get too much credit for winning games, and too much blame for losing games. Talib, who had a poor season, had the worst game imaginable. Why wasn't CJ just put on TY Hilton? Urgh...it just wasn't working...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Actually felt rather sad seeing manning struggle that much. Looks like it won't be Brady vs Manning for a gazilionth time.

Think fox is gone as well.

Just shows how lucky we've been that brady can still play at a high level and that the drop can happen anytime.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As a Seattle fan from way back, I am always delighted to see Denver lose, but this time I had a bet on four home wins (there was a significant bonus and the Colts at Denver was the only one I was worried about, so I went for it as the value bet).

At least the main one on Seattle came through... and it's looking plausible for the one mid-season, when they were having their hiccup, to retain the title.

ReputationRep:
    Subbin' up to the new thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Four best teams have made it through IMO
    I don't know, much as I hate them, I think the Cowboys were better than the Colts. In their individual games though, yeah the best teams won.

ReputationRep:
    Checking into new thread.

I think the Cowboys were robbed, it's a stupid rule, I don't think the Packers are going to get past Seattle though.

Great win for the Colts, sets up a cracking AFC Championship Game.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the Colts Broncos hightlights.... Some of Lucks 3rd down completions were unreal.

ReputationRep:
    Still pisses me off how the colts went from Manning to Luck. It's like going from ****ing Duncan to Lebron...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Still pisses me off how the colts went from Manning to Luck. It's like going from ****ing Duncan to Lebron...
    Incredibly lucky how the timing worked in their favour right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Subbin' up to the new thread.
    You're a fan of this strange rugby?

ReputationRep:
    Officiating has been poor and will continue to be.

Supposedly Seahawks are gonna make wilson the highest paid qb in the league. If you ask me that's a really bad move.

Thoughts?
    That should really read "the highest paid QB until Newton and Luck get their extensions", which is pretty much expected. And Wilson is the only guy on offense that is dserving of a high paid contract alongside Lynch (who isn't likely to get extended past his current deal, freeing up another 7m of cap space per year).

They will have plenty of room for it - expected to have around 26 million in cap space next year. Should have space to extend Wagner, Wilson and Irvin with that - and once that's done you'll realise that they have the following core guys under long term extensions - Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner, Irvin, Bennett, Avril on defense. Baldwin, Wilson on offense. The only other core guy on offense that is eligible to extend (and worth it) is Sweezy, but he still has a year left on his contract, so they may wait until next year to extend.

Aside from the Harvin mistake, they've been excellent at extending and cutting guys without creating dead money, so as long as they continue to draft well they can fill spots with cheap players as they have been doing for a long time.

Anyway, onto more topical subjects - I don't think Dez's TD should have been overturned last night. I agree absolutely that he lost control when the ball hit the ground, however, as he was going to ground he definitely made a reach for the goalline (you can see his left knee coming down before he puts his right hand down and reaches forward). To me, that constitutes a "football move", so the ball coming loose should be a fumble if anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Incredibly lucky how the timing worked in their favour right!
    Lucky and the fact that they straight out sucked for luck. They were not that bad of a team. At least not first pick bad. Incredibly frustrating lol. I actually really like Luck and Pagano but I can't stand Irsay...

ReputationRep:

Supposedly Seahawks are gonna make wilson the highest paid qb in the league. If you ask me that's a really bad move.

Thoughts?
    Well, with this contract it would keep him with us for the next 5+ years which is vital to our success really. We still will have plenty of cap space and we're not a passing team so we're not going to get one of the big free agent WRs on the market (Cobb, Bryant, DT, Maclin - not that I expect any of them except maybe Jeremy Maclin to leave their teams). Wilson is super underrated as well. I think he deserves as much as Luck/Newton et al

I also don't really expect us to re-sign Zach Miller as Luke Willson has gone up a level lately.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.