The Student Room Group

Durham foundation year medicine 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I have mine tomorrow and am travelling down tonight... Fingers crossed... Had one last year
Original post by kgee
I have mine tomorrow and am travelling down tonight... Fingers crossed... Had one last year

Did you get rejected after interview last year
Reply 82
Does the uni give out many offers for this course?
I read somewhere that they have like 5 places available… assuming they have hundreds of applicants..
Original post by mobo250
Does the uni give out many offers for this course?
I read somewhere that they have like 5 places available… assuming they have hundreds of applicants..

Around 16 offers. As they know many will not achieve the high ukcat and that it is a back up for some.
Last year they interviewed 20 and only 2 made it onto the Foundation Year after interview and UKCAT.
Original post by ph80
Last year they interviewed 20 and only 2 made it onto the Foundation Year after interview and UKCAT.

With most rejections due to ukcat I can't believe that they out so much weight on the ukcat. When I had drs on my work exp saying they can't even score so high.
Reply 86
Original post by Tinatrust
Did you get rejected after interview last year

No I failed to get the ukcat mark
Original post by kgee
No I failed to get the ukcat mark

That what I mean they liked you at interview enough to make an offer and then solely base it in a computerised test. That is random and partly luck. So wrong.
Reply 88
So they give around 20 interviews?
How many offers do you think they give after the interview stage?
Original post by mobo250
So they give around 20 interviews?
How many offers do you think they give after the interview stage?

As I said earlier last year 16 offers were made. So they intend to make everyone an offer unless you mess uit right up.
I know a Consultant who took it and got below the average mark (so <600). He told me that his career would never have happened if they had the test in his day! That being said, it is the chosen method of many universities and we've just go to crack on! :smile:

I'm not sure how many offers they give after interview. I got my other information from a very reliable source, but I failed to ask that question!
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh Tina, I hope your figures are right as that means I stand a fighting chance after my poor interview!

I'm keeping everything crossed now! :smile:
Reply 92
Just finished my interview.. Fingers crossed xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by kgee
Just finished my interview.. Fingers crossed xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

finger crossed, how'd you find it?
Reply 94
Was alright.. You never know how you did till you get the results lol..I felt too relaxed and bit over confident with my answers... That's what am a bit scared of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Just finished my interview. I'm not sure how it went...
Reply 96
Original post by Dadex
Just finished my interview. I'm not sure how it went...

Good luck.. Am sure you did your best..
Reply 97
Anyone still waiting for interviews or are we looking forward to results from Monday? I can't keep away from checking my emails.. Really nervous..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Friday was the last day for interviews.
To those who applied last year and were made an offer when did you get made the offer. I have received replies from all institutions just waiting for durham now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending