Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Solid episode, without doing anything particularly ground-breaking. Jimmy and Chuck's relationship is beginning to get deeper which is lovely to see, and we see Mike delve into the underbelly of New Mexico once again.

I really enjoy the way they've pitted Jimmy as an elderly lawyer. It's so far removed from everything we knew of him during Breaking Bad.

Next week's is the penultimate. What's the betting on Tuco or Nacho cropping up once again?
    I think one of them will kill Chuck, only a theory but I think it's accurate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Don't hate me but I think Chuck will die in the finale, it's the only way that I can see Jimmy turning into Saul.
    This.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mackay)
    This.
    Is that agreement?

ReputationRep:
    I'm up to date now and I really like it. Not as good as Breaking Bad but few shows ever will be in my opinion. I hope chuck doesn't die but after it's been suggested it seems horribly likely c
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is that agreement?
    Sure is!

ReputationRep:
    I suspect Chuck will take the case to HHH and betray Jimmy.

Loving it, wonder whether Gus will eventually turn up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juicy J)
    yeah I agree with you, it was a really horrible show. its really trashy like breaking bad. Saul is a good character and the actor is really good but the show is really trashy and boring, the writing sucks that's the problem wiv itPosted from TSR Mobile

You're such a **** troll?

i mean is that how miserable your life is? Not only do you feel the need to troll online forums, but you can't even be good at doing it? Lol what a failure
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Only two eps left. Can't believe how quickly this series has gone!

ReputationRep:
    I know. Such a good series so far. I've enjoyed every episode. It's got that Breaking Bad feel and look but with more character building. I hope they make five more series

ReputationRep:
    Omg, what an episode.

Jimmy is done, only Saul from hereonin.

ReputationRep:
    Without giving anything away, who is loving finding out more about Mike? I thought he was class in Breaking Bad but definitely under represented. I think the rest of the series is great so far too, I'm just waiting for it all to kick off properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeInTheMiddle)
    Without giving anything away, who is loving finding out more about Mike? I thought he was class in Breaking Bad but definitely under represented. I think the rest of the series is great so far too, I'm just waiting for it all to kick off properly.
    Same. I love Mike's backstory. That episode where it was basically just his story in the whole episode was fantastic

ReputationRep:
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the series, I like how Vince Gilligan has injected that Breaking Bad feel into the episodes.

ReputationRep:
    Episode 9 was great. It's difficult to say anything without a spoiler, but where does Saul go from here? Enter the shady criminal lawyer.
    Mike entered the criminal underworld too. He fits right in.

Only 1 episode to go. What a shame

ReputationRep:
    And thus Saul Goodman is born! Awesome episode..I like both plot lines of Jimmy and Mike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    And thus Saul Goodman is born! Awesome episode..I like both plot lines of Jimmy and Mike.
    It should be Better Call Saul and Mike. That makes a better show and Mike is our door in to the criminal underworld. Without Mike we see nothing!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A great, great episode. I assumed Chuck would die tragically. I didn't have that twist in my head at all.

Goodbye, Jimmy. Hello, Saul!

ReputationRep:
    Don't hate me but I think Chuck will die in the finale, it's the only way that I can see Jimmy turning into Saul.
    I knew he's a traitor though

ReputationRep:
    As hard as I try I just cannot second guess Gilligan. I had an inkling that Chuck's photocopying on the company account coming back to wreck Jimmy's case was too obvious and too telegraphed to turn this, but I didn't suspect anything along these lines until this episode.

What a fantastic episode and a masterclass of a series in playing out a story with pretty much no crashes, bangs or wallops. Have to register some surprise they managed to build a strong enough story from Saul and that Odenkirk has been as capable. Great stuff

I dunno why people are convinced Chuck Will die. Maybe he will, but there's absolutely no need for it at all. His low opinion and betrayal of Saul totally explains his absence from BB and the implication from this episode is that he also has some belief he could return to work for HHH. It's also a fine explanation for why Saul, when faced with snobbery so deep rooted that even his family would think so little of him, would break bad.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone prefer Better Call Saul over Breaking Bad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.