x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you look down on people who eat junk food a lot? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    define fat
    BMI over 25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darcus aernelius)
    for a most likley younger person, it figures....

but then ignore proven nutrition all you want lololol.
    lolol stop attempting to judge people on their knowledge of nutrition like you did to me earlier when you have no extensive knowledge yourself. Patronizing isn't nice

ReputationRep:
    I somewhat look down on people who can't be bothered to cook meals from scratch at all, and constantly rely on frozen food and take-aways. It just seems lazy, expensive and very unhealthy. I think it is a cultural thing, because decent quality homemade food is quite a big part of my culture. When my family told me that people here would just have chips for dinner for days in a row I couldn't believe it.

I mean I enjoy Pizza and Chinese food as much as the next person, but it isn't something you should be eating on a daily or even weekly basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darcus aernelius)
    for a most likley younger person, it figures....

but then ignore proven nutrition all you want lololol.
    Oh I can go eat healthy just depends on how poor I am the poorer I am the less likely I'll eat junk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminem97)
    BMI over 25
    That's fair enough although bear in mind athletes etc. can have very high BMI.of pure muscle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaChan)
    I don't look down on people really unless they're hurting themselves, define eating alot of junk food. I eat "junk food" (canned food, microwaveable food, fast food, fizzy drinks, fattening foods such as crisps and minicheddars and cream cheese) on a very frequent basis, yet am perfectly healthy and weigh less than 9 stone. The only real health issue I have is stress-induced asthma and shortsightedness, but nothing diet related, the latter you could blame on my lifestyle I suppose, but not my eating habits. Someone who's obese and stuffing their face with cheeseburgers and complaining because people don't find them attractive and the such... Someone like that would be degraded in my views because they are causing themselves discomfort and unhappiness, and before people comment, it is not society or anyone else's fault we don't find obese people attractive (I don't mean chubby. I mean like, seriously going to get ill obese.), and it's not fair on anyone to try to blame any other cause. People like that need to at least try to balance their diet and exercise more often. Not these media diets though, they just feed off of guilt and insecurity and hurt people
    Is it society's fault even chubby people.have a hard time being accepted in some circles? Had this debate with Dad last night and he was all like 'what matters is the soul'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaChan)
    I don't look down on people really unless they're hurting themselves, define eating alot of junk food. I eat "junk food" (canned food, microwaveable food, fast food, fizzy drinks, fattening foods such as crisps and minicheddars and cream cheese) on a very frequent basis, yet am perfectly healthy and weigh less than 9 stone. The only real health issue I have is stress-induced asthma and shortsightedness, but nothing diet related, the latter you could blame on my lifestyle I suppose, but not my eating habits. Someone who's obese and stuffing their face with cheeseburgers and complaining because people don't find them attractive and the such... Someone like that would be degraded in my views because they are causing themselves discomfort and unhappiness, and before people comment, it is not society or anyone else's fault we don't find obese people attractive (I don't mean chubby. I mean like, seriously going to get ill obese.), and it's not fair on anyone to try to blame any other cause. People like that need to at least try to balance their diet and exercise more often. Not these media diets though, they just feed off of guilt and insecurity and hurt people
    Oit of interest what do you class as 'media diet'?

Do.you think.men deal with body image issues too e.g. bulks/cuts.striving to become Adonis? Or is tjis only applicable for women with crash diets leading.to.the likes of.anorexia and depression? (Sorry for the leading.question)

(Original post by hermitthefrog)
    I'm usually jealous, and wish I was the one eating the junk food. I imagine life must be far more enjoyable when you're able to eat a chocolate digestive and not be wracked with guilt after.
    ED recovery/possibly paleo/Zone crew detected :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schindlers list)
    Is this judmental?
    I eat junk food, yet i go gym and i have a six pack etcetc. Fast food will only correlate to weight increase if youre eating in a surplus. I could technically eat junk food everyday and keep my excellent shape
    No you can't. Staying in shape is majority diet.You can go to the gym 7 days a week, but if your diet isn't on point, then it's not going to work in your favor.
    Any tom, **** and harry can have abs if they have a low body fat percentage.

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily look down on, it's their choice what they eat, though if some eats junk food for every meal then it's not very healthy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's funny reading through this thread, with TSR advertising a free cheeseburger on the side.

ReputationRep:
    Only if I am taller than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminem97)
    lolol stop attempting to judge people on their knowledge of nutrition like you did to me earlier when you have no extensive knowledge yourself. Patronizing isn't nice

lulz....you don't know what I know, nor can...

ReputationRep:
    how does one devise a notion of success without having flaws and failures to compare it against? :beard:
    I'm not saying I am certain to achieve this but say I earned a six figure salary before the age of 25, I would be proud of myself, but if met someone who earned more, I wouldn't suddenly think less of myself, equally if there was someone who was poor, I wouldn't think less of them either.

Compete with yourself really, who cares what other people are doing

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough although bear in mind athletes etc. can have very high BMI.of pure muscle!
    i know but an athlete wouldn't have a poor diet, i get your point!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.