Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you shower/have a bath? Watch

• View Poll Results: How often do you shower/take a bath?
    Every day.
    60.38%
    2-3 times a day.
    3.14%
    More than 3 times a day.
    0.63%
    2-3 times a week.
    30.19%
    2-3 timed a months.
    3.77%
    Once a year.
    1.89%
    Never.
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it is supposed to be unhealthy to shower every day though of course
    1. depends on the person
    2. you have to conform to society
    3. you genuinely feel a bit grim after skipping a day
    4. routine is good for you

I usually have one once a day but if I'm staying in or only leaving the house to pop round the corner shop I often skip a day. Have often wondered whether I should try the trick where you don't wash your hair for two weeks and it starts to self-clean, but I soon find myself wondering how people have the time to stay away from society for that long.

ReputationRep:
    i only shower every other day, feel like a complete pig compared to most people here, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Yeah, it is supposed to be unhealthy to shower every day though of course
    1. depends on the person
    2. you have to conform to society
    3. you genuinely feel a bit grim after skipping a day
    4. routine is good for you

I usually have one once a day but if I'm staying in or only leaving the house to pop round the corner shop I often skip a day. Have often wondered whether I should try the trick where you don't wash your hair for two weeks and it starts to self-clean, but I soon find myself wondering how people have the time to stay away from society for that long.
    Same here and it would usually be in the morning on weekdays.

ReputationRep:
    Daily, sometimes twice.

With regards to hair, only when it needs it. I tend to wash it more often when I use product - which I go through spurts with. I think the last time I applied any hair gel was probably late November. My hair has gotten a bit long for product now, I'm heading towards that often awkward in-between short and long stage. In order to reduce the need of washing it after gym, all I can say is thank heavens for the Man Bun, in which case I just wipe my forehead with a cloth. I may occasionally do a rinse though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
    Daily, sometimes twice.

With regards to hair, only when it needs it. I tend to wash it more often when I use product - which I go through spurts with. I think the last time I applied any hair gel was probably late November. My hair has gotten a bit long for product now, I'm heading towards that often awkward in-between short and long stage. In order to reduce the need of washing it after gym, all I can say is thank heavens for the Man Bun, in which case I just wipe my forehead with a cloth. I may occasionally do a rinse though.
    How does having your hair in a 'Man Bun' stop your scalp from sweating all in your hair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    Every morning, my hair becomes greasy almost immediately so I have to otherwise my hair feels heavy all day, and I start to become self conscious.
    Do you wash your hair with shampoo every morning too?
    My hair feels a bit greasy the day after I've washed it, and definitely the day after that. It wasn't like that before. Don't know what happened. But I think maybe washing it with shampoo every day isn't good for hair.

ReputationRep:
    Every 2-3 days. However, since I'm going to be going to the gym more, hopefully everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Every morning.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Used to be 2-3 times a day when I lived alone and before that when I lived at home.

But as my shower's dodgy and I have to either have a bath in the bath that my room-mates use or have a sponge/basin bath, it's more like 1 a day now :sad:.

ReputationRep:
    Washing advice.. http://youtu.be/ULOL-Mb8stY

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Five or six times a week.

ReputationRep:
    Only ahead of special occasions. If nothing much is happening I can go a month or two without washing easily. If anyone gotta problem they dont have to come near me innit.

ReputationRep:
    which one is good for daily shower, in the morning or in the evening?

ReputationRep:
    I shower every evening if I have work or uni the next day, and shower in the morning if I have a day off. I rarely have a bath.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when i shower in the evening i will be sleepy, so i shower in the morning, but when i shower in the morning, it is a risc for getting cold or sinusitis etc. So i don't wash my hair in the morning. When i wash my hair, it takes a long time to dry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    How does having your hair in a 'Man Bun' stop your scalp from sweating all in your hair?
    Because I only get sweat at the front.

ReputationRep:
    Everyday to wake me up in the mornings.

ReputationRep:
    When it's full moon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Usually 5 or 6 times a week. You don't need to shower if you've been indoors and inactive all day. I usually wash my hair twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    I shower every single day (or if I've done some exercise, twice). At home, I'd shower most of the time and bathe during the weekends, but since there aren't any baths at uni, I have to settle with the daily shower.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.