Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you react when you're dumped? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Move onto someone easy. Have sex with them, have sex with anyone, and just have fun and get it all out of my system. Relationships never last, nothing ever lasts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I react the same way as when I realise I've just missed an episode of Jeremy Kyle on ITV 2. At first, I'm like "ahh.." then I switch over to ITV 2+1 and catch up on what I've missed. So basically... I might be upset for a second then something better comes along and everything is fine. It's just a breakup, it's not like they're cancelling the Jeremy kyle show. Then I'd be really sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We broke up like two weeks ago idk , cut off contact with her. Currently on holiday with a Hollister model so I guess I win

ReputationRep:
    Instantly move on and get another bird.

(Original post by DanB1991)
    I've actually only been dumped in my last two realtionships. Previous to that I'd always the one who initiated the breakup or they just generally fell apart.

After about 2 weeks on the first occasion the ex begged to get together, but by then I'd realised how poisonous and unhealthy the relationship was and decided, you know what I don't want this.

The latest one was a bit funny, I missed her like hell and was really confused with how out of the blue it was. However afetr a few drunken messages I'm over her and look back smiling seeing I was lucky to get away knowing what I know now (thanks to mates). Plus finding out your school crush *still* fancies you on new years helps you get over things

Lool
    What do yall know now?
    Cuz I just found out ma exbf had bin gettin with ma best mate for the last for months of are relationship. wish id never found out tbh... sumtimes things are too painful to know even wen the relationship has alredy ended...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lool
    What do yall know now?
    Cuz I just found out ma exbf had bin gettin with ma best mate for the last for months of are relationship. wish id never found out tbh... sumtimes things are too painful to know even wen the relationship has alredy ended...
    Ohhh a few makes saw her making out with someone (potentially her current BF) in the bar they work at a week or so before we broke up (and 3ish weeks suppose to go on holiday). Was highly embarrassing seeing over the summer literally all my mates knew and presumed she told me when we broke up.

Tbh never expected her to lie and try and twist it around like that, but meh.... good riddance I say.

ReputationRep:
    When it happened to me I started crying, but I've since learnt that it was the best thing to happen. It was a very toxic relationship and I was very naive. I remember he acted as if he didn't care. I honestly think it got to the stage where he just got a kick out of controlling me and didn't have feelings for me, hence his reaction afterwards.

That was a good few years ago, but, like I said, it had to be done.

(Original post by Baloney)
    I'm interested to know how people react when they are 'dumped', the reason I ask is that I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years and her response shocked me, she acted as if she didn't care. Whether this was just a visage to cover how she really felt, I don't know. But it wasn't an easy break up on my behalf, it took a lot of thought and guts to do. (Baring in mind we had been together for 4 years, you'd have thought she'd have shown a little more emotion and fight)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly how I react. I think it's some for of emotional defense mechanism. Once I know someone doesn't want to be with me, I emotionally disconnect completely and utterly - like I bring down barricade. I won't show an ounce of emotion because I don't want them to have any idea of how hurt I am or that they have even affected me. I seemingly accept what they say to me calmly and with no emotion/attachment. Then I cut all contact and pretend they never existed. Eventually I stop thinking about them and eventually it no longer hurts if I accidentally do. The time frame for that differs depending on the depth of the relationship/feelings.

Basically, I act like cold unaffected ***** when inside I'm dying. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only woman who does this. I'll never break down and beg a man.

OR it could be that she genuinely doesn't care - which is the great thing about this way of reacting, it ensures he'll never really know which puts him in a situation where he wonders if she ever really cared at all - which is exactly what she's wondering about him.

Psychological warfare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.revision)
    The dumbest way I could tbh. Begged and begged. ������
    Did it work, what did he say?

ReputationRep:
    I've never been dumped but I suppose something like this --> :dong:

ReputationRep:
    I get all butthurt and bent out of shape.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.