Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is your biggest mistake/regret in your life so far? watch

ReputationRep:
    Falling for one of my closest friends

ReputationRep:
    Celebrating Christmas (2014)

ReputationRep:
    Not taking 6th form AS year more seriously, would have a better pick of Uni's.

ReputationRep:
    Falling in love with the wrong person, and then letting the aftermath affect what should have been one of the best years of my life.

ReputationRep:
    So many mistakes. One was not having the courage to do archaeology as my first degree. Did economics instead seeking a secure future. Dummy.

ReputationRep:
    Is 'not having something to regret' an option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aria Enoshima)
    Only if you have never had a life

ReputationRep:
    maybe...... , do you not have any regrets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulbunny)
    Only if you have never had a life
    Ah, you got me there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharukhan)
    maybe...... , do you not have any regrets?
    There are things that i did that were stupid, but they made me a better person in the long run, so I wouldn't put that down as a regret.

ReputationRep:
    There are things that i did that were stupid, but they made me a better person in the long run, so I wouldn't put that down as a regret.
    hmmm , a perspective I must re-consider as it has occurred to me before

ReputationRep:
    hmmm , a perspective I must re-consider as it has occurred to me before
    Nice to know i've expanded horizons today

ReputationRep:
    My friend you have much too learn
    Teach me, master.
    what did you do instead ?
    Your mom huehuehuehue.
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Not forcing myself to confront and get over my social anxiety 4 years ago. Or just improved it, it will probably always exist to some degree. Lots of people have it but still manage to form normal relationships, be sociable, have a career, have a girlfriend. As a result I have gone through the entire 'young with little responsibly' phase of my life' on life support. I functioned but I was never really alive so to speak. I really hate myself for this but it is my own stupid fault. On my last day at uni someone who I had seen on semi regular basis, someone who was on my course, commented that this was the first time they had heard me speak. For three whole years I may as well have been a mute to them. Sometime I feel normal and everything is OK then something like this happens I feel like a freak. It's really upsetting and makes me wish I didn't exist.

You can't go back in time but I can effect the future. Baby steps. Since I have got my job though I have just regressed back to life support mode with no real aim. I can't still be like this in 4 years time. Then I will be getting into real debilitating life crisis mode.
    Set yourself some goals. That really helps. Oh, and write them down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerMann)

Does applying to go to the antarctic for 12 months count?

ReputationRep:
    Teach me, master.

Your mom huehuehuehue.

go suck your dad's d***
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Not working hard throughout year 10/ up to end of year 11 and getting gcse grades which are not the best for medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Not working hard throughout year 10/ up to end of year 11 and getting gcse grades which are not the best for medicine
    the feeling is mutual mate , what is your profile now like for medical school or have you received any offers?

ReputationRep:
    go suck your dad's d***
    Dude, no homo. First you say you are my dad, then you tell me to suck my dad's D***? Errm, Nein, Danke!
    I regret nothing, because the events leading up to now made me the person I am.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, no homo. First you say you are my dad, then you tell me to suck my dad's D***? Errm, Nein, Danke!

I regret nothing, because the events leading up to now made me the person I am.
    Wunderbar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    *hug* cheer up bud
    I suppose, it's never too late. Not even at 19, to get braces and a beautiful smile right.... RIGHT?!?!?!!

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Not forcing myself to confront and get over my social anxiety 4 years ago. Or just improved it, it will probably always exist to some degree. Lots of people have it but still manage to form normal relationships, be sociable, have a career, have a girlfriend. As a result I have gone through the entire 'young with little responsibly' phase of my life' on life support. I functioned but I was never really alive so to speak. I really hate myself for this but it is my own stupid fault. On my last day at uni someone who I had seen on semi regular basis, someone who was on my course, commented that this was the first time they had heard me speak. For three whole years I may as well have been a mute to them. Sometime I feel normal and everything is OK then something like this happens I feel like a freak. It's really upsetting and makes me wish I didn't exist.

You can't go back in time but I can effect the future. Baby steps. Since I have got my job though I have just regressed back to life support mode with no real aim. I can't still be like this in 4 years time. Then I will be getting into real debilitating life crisis mode.
    I just wanted to say... I suppose I should regret the last couple of years of my life, cause I had no true friends, was a shut in, wasted it all on gaming, did nothing significant, yadda yadda yadda

But now that I've set new goals, and found new passions, it doesn't matter to me at all that my life before now was remarkably... unremarkable. I don't even think about it at all now, because I'm much more excited about what the future brings, I don't even have time to dwell on the past.

Go on, start living your life now, and you won't even care about what happened in the past!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.