Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an after school detention for her claps not being loud enough in assembly after like everyone had received some sort of certificate.

ReputationRep:
    School tried to get me expelled because I "head-butted a younger kid". They quietly dropped it when they were unable to get enough (any) evidence off the other 6th formers.

Wasn't even me who head-butted the little prick.

ReputationRep:
    i got an hour detention after school for walking through the wrong door in school

For throwing a scrunched up paper into the bin. At least it didn't fall on the floor.
    And for turning my English worksheet into a fan. Tbh the fan was really useful

(Original post by D.SHA64)
    i got an hour detention after school for walking through the wrong door in school
    unfortunately I can relate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Not a detention exactly, but I got kicked out of a Maths class once because I yawned and the teacher got offended.
    I yawned in an assembly and my head of year made me stand up she was offended gave me a 15 minute after school detention for rudeness she said she was surprised she had to give me a detention ?

ReputationRep:
    I was in studyhall while my class was watching a movie since I had my homework missing, I was going to pay for the movie so I could watch it along with the rest of the class until I heard I couldn't if I didn't have my work done. I later on got my work done and none of the teachers were in the classroom, I got on my computer and wanted to talk with my friends on a google document only one of my friends were on and werent even typing and I was just typing some random stuff in cool fonts just to make time pass by, I was on the document because once I was done with my work I had nothing to do. And when we went onto spring break my mother told me that I got a detention for being on a chatroom (which was the document) and it said that I was warned 3 times. By the way, I was never warned even once at all in any way shape or form. I was confused on why I got the detention for something I've done a few times and my teachers seemed fine with. I think its messed up that I was given a detention for something that I was never warned about.

ReputationRep:
    I was in studyhall while my class was watching a movie since I had my homework missing, I was going to pay for the movie so I could watch it along with the rest of the class until I heard I couldn't if I didn't have my work done. I later on got my work done and none of the teachers were in the classroom, I got on my computer and wanted to talk with my friends on a google document only one of my friends were on and werent even typing and I was just typing some random stuff in cool fonts just to make time pass by, I was on the document because once I was done with my work I had nothing to do. And when we went onto spring break my mother told me that I got a detention for being on a chatroom (which was the document) and it said that I was warned 3 times. By the way, I was never warned even once at all in any way shape or form. I was confused on why I got the detention for something I've done a few times and my teachers seemed fine with. I think its messed up that I was given a detention for something that I was never warned about.

ReputationRep:
    It was my first day of Secondary, and I was 3 minutes late.

I wasn't actually even late because the school clocks are 5 minutes too fast. Plus, we were stuck in traffic (the school had moved to a new address so we didn't anticipate that). There are literally student who skip school for 2 weeks because they're still on holiday, but a few minutes late and I get punnished like..???

ReputationRep:
    I know it’s an old thread but I got discredit (you get 3 in a week and you get an hour after school on Friday night) for get this smiling and enjoying the lesson I also got a detention because it was going to happen at some point
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I got a detention for not having my blazer buttoned up when I was waiting for some friends outside the school gate after school. My school was so strict about uniform.

ReputationRep:
    long story short i sneezed in maths

ReputationRep:
    I got two 1 hour detentions for tripping someone over in the class whilst I was out of the class having been sent to collect a remote for the board. Didn't do it because my head of house was a boss- just glad he believed me as a year 7 student.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I think I deserved most of mine. I was a very bad student.

ReputationRep:
    I once got detention for spilling orange juice down the stairs. The teacher was walking up the stairs at the time and thought I was aiming it at him.

ReputationRep:
    I got a lunch detention in year 9 for stealing a pen. There was a pen on the floor and I picked it up...

ReputationRep:
    detention (was supp to be excluded) for filming someone scaling a wall in school and posting it on facebook.

y8 banter

ReputationRep:
    For being black.

Lmao that never happened, just kidding 😂

ReputationRep:
    In middle school I used to get countless detentions because we weren't allowed to talk in the bloody corridors... and I was the kind of kid that when they found something stupid they'd go against it as hard as they could just to prove a point. Needless to say I was probably in detention at least once a week, and I mean honestly - talking in the corridors? How stupid. I'm still quietly proud of my younger self for being part of the reason that rule was eventually overturned (even if it did takes years).

I did also get made to stay after school and catch up on work a lot in high school because I spent a lot of time off. I rarely turned up to those lol. Not exactly detentions but they felt like them when I was there.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you man reviving a 2 year old thread....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.