The Student Room Group

How do I get a muslim girl to be my GF(not like other threads)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Big.jamjooray
No, Richard I don't.:colonhash:

Do you have any further questions?

Why?

These laws are the laws of Islam which allah created, didn't he? If you think these laws are extreme, then you must think allah is extreme.
Reply 81
Original post by Richard1233
You can lead a perfectly happy life with the opposite sex at a young age. You can stop babies by using contraception.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you can't stop babies by contraception as there's still a chance of the contraception not working. For e.g condom rips. Use of contraception is also considered a sin, but I need to read more into the reasoning behind that. The unborn baby obviously can't be aborted because in Allah's eyes, the unborn baby is already a creation from Himself and aborting it is like killing a person.
Reply 82
Original post by Groot
That being a moderate Muslim is a good thing, where s/he doesn't follow the rules that aren't helping.

Helping, helping what? I still don't get your point, state it clearly
Original post by Richard1233
Why?

These laws are the laws of Islam which allah created, didn't he? If you think these laws are extreme, then you must think allah is extreme.

Because I have been automatically programmed to chase these Muslim girls since birth.

So even though it is said that dating is haram, I still find it hard to abstain from chasing them.:tongue:

And If I get punished for submitting to my natural urges then so be it.

What can a brother do.:dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
The creed (aqeedah) is the same.
How you dispense daily matters, laws and so on is jurisprudence and in jurisprudence, as you find in the West (and which has been around in Islamic culture for hundreds of years) is down to interpretation. Each of the schools has their interpretations and reasons - you can't say these are wrong, they are different opinions based on evidence. But for consistency, you should stick to one methodology and not pick n mix; you'll end up contradicting yourself.

That's my point (although I will reiterate that different schools have different rulings on various matters).

If the application of the laws is different and nobody can say that any one is wrong, despite contradictions, actually there is scope for OP to simply look within himself and decide what is right or wrong, rather than some guy issuing his own opinions and interpretations as if they are divine law.
Reply 85
Original post by AnharM
Helping, helping what? I still don't get your point, state it clearly

That being a moderate Muslim is better than being a strict Muslim.
Original post by AnharM
No you can't stop babies by contraception as there's still a chance of the contraception not working. For e.g condom rips. Use of contraception is also considered a sin, but I need to read more into the reasoning behind that. The unborn baby obviously can't be aborted because in Allah's eyes, the unborn baby is already a creation from Himself and aborting it is like killing a person.

Things like the morning after pill (it is seen as aborting by some) are haram, but things like condoms are not, however you will find varying views on the contraceptive pill
If she is a devoted Muslim then you should forget about getting into a relationship. You don't understand the gravity of how much trouble you both can get. her family wont accept this if she is a good Muslim. As a Muslim, I would advice you to stop this before this even starts. Regrets and guilt only awaits at the end of this road.
Reply 88
Original post by a_shabba
Things like the morning after pill (it is seen as aborting by some) are haram, but things like condoms are not, however you will find varying views on the contraceptive pill

I am not even planing on having sex.
Relationship are not all about sex.
What is wrong with you girls these days.
Reply 89
Original post by Groot

Oh...I don't know how that's a reply to my previous posts
Original post by apple1992

1. I'm a man
2. I was correcting an earlier poster
Original post by yo radical one
That's my point (although I will reiterate that different schools have different rulings on various matters).

If the application of the laws is different and nobody can say that any one is wrong, despite contradictions, actually there is scope for OP to simply look within himself and decide what is right or wrong, rather than some guy issuing his own opinions and interpretations as if they are divine law.

None of the four schools permit pre-marital relations. That's obvious and no soul-searching is required.
Reply 92
Original post by childofthesun
Lol
Clearly you know what Islam says on dating, but you seem to be very much into this girl. People have suggested trying to get over her, you don't want to do that. Some have suggested marriage, you don't want to do that. So really there's not much to say. You've made your mind up... Just ask her out

She has never had a BF.
The thing is I think I need to build her trust, to show that I am not just gonna use her for sex.

I think I have done well so far, becuase at first she would not even walk beside me
what can I do, we both like each other very much.
But we cannot show it.
Hence we argue all the time, and it drains me out everytime

Why cant you show it. Does the muslim faith say you cant date
Original post by silent ninja
None of the four schools permit pre-marital relations. That's obvious and no soul-searching is required.

Are those schools the only ones which exist?

Nope.

If these schools contradict each other, does it stand to reason that none of them has a monopoly on what is correct?

Yes.

If none of these schools have a monopoly on what is correct, does it then give OP the justification to form his own interpretations?

Yes.

and you can't prove me wrong :h:
Reply 95
Original post by AnharM
Oh...I don't know how that's a reply to my previous posts

Well, my replies would have gotten to it eventually but you wanted me to jump ahead to state my point. :tongue: Anyway, nevermind.
Original post by Groot

but by what point does moderate become extreme? I cant think of a religion that doesnt contain a rule against pre-marital sex, so in many religious people's eyes and many non-religious people's eyes being celibate until marriage isnt particularly strange, even in the early/mid 1900s, nobody would have batted an eyelid if someone wanted to save themselves for their future wife, and that wasnt even a religious thing, more cultural if anything

I dont get it Akhi, how can you have a relationship without being sexually intimate.

You might as well stay friends with the girl, you even said you weren't planning on marriage, so staying friends would be the most logical solution.:wink2:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yo radical one
Are those schools the only ones which exist?

Nope.

If these schools contradict each other, does it stand to reason that none of them has a monopoly on what is correct?

Yes.

If none of these schools have a monopoly on what is correct, does it then give OP the justification to form his own interpretations?

Yes.

and you can't prove me wrong :h:

You'll find nothing to support pre-marital relations. It's clear in texts. Very clear.
Reply 99
Original post by a_shabba
but by what point does moderate become extreme? I cant think of a religion that doesnt contain a rule against pre-marital sex, so in many religious people's eyes and many non-religious people's eyes being celibate until marriage isnt particularly strange, even in the early/mid 1900s, nobody would have batted an eyelid if someone wanted to save themselves for their future wife, and that wasnt even a religious thing, more cultural if anything

The OP already said he wouldn't have pre-marital sex with her. That isn't the issue. It's that he isn't allowed a relationship with her at all. Strictly, Islam doesn't even allow male-female friendships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending