Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairyfairyfairy)
    Fingers crossed, it's just a waiting game now! I came out think "I should have said this, I should have said that".... But hopefully it went ok x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aww don't worry I'm pretty sure everyone feels like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanna07)
    aww don't worry I'm pretty sure everyone feels like that!
    Heard back today, didn't get an offer absolutely devastated and kicking myself for not doing better in the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heard back today, didn't get an offer absolutely devastated and kicking myself for not doing better in the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :hugs: did you get any feedback from them? I really hope you get offers from your other choices xxx

ReputationRep:
    oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :hugs: did you get any feedback from them? I really hope you get offers from your other choices xxx
    Ah thank you. Not yet, I just found out tonight, so I've emailed them to ask for feedback, but I knew myself after the interview that I was too shy and there was so much more I wish I had said. I have an interview at leeds on Wednesday but I feel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you. Not yet, I just found out tonight, so I've emailed them to ask for feedback, but I knew myself after the interview that I was too shy and there was so much more I wish I had said. I have an interview at leeds on Wednesday but I feel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Send that accidentally... I feel more confident as it is one to one and not group, just manchester was my one of my favourites, along with York who I've heard nothing from at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Send that accidentally... I feel more confident as it is one to one and not group, just manchester was my one of my favourites, along with York who I've heard nothing from at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess group interviews are harder because, with me, I find it hard to fit in what I what to say during a discussion. That's one of the things I'm nervous about for mine. Maybe you should try contacting York to get an update on your application? just in case they haven't forgotten or something.
    Good Luck for Leeds though xxx

ReputationRep:
    I guess group interviews are harder because, with me, I find it hard to fit in what I what to say during a discussion. That's one of the things I'm nervous about for mine. Maybe you should try contacting York to get an update on your application? just in case they haven't forgotten or something.
    Good Luck for Leeds though xxx
    Yeah I know what you mean, I just felt like I came out of the interview and they had not a clue what I was about, or how much I wanted it, they only saw that I was a bit shy, but I guess they do it that way for a reason. I think the best thing to do is just try and fit in as much of yourself and your own experience into the discussion as possible. Yes I'm gonna contact York tomorrow, see what they say. Where and when are your interviews? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danposmaytee)
    I have my primary PGCE interview on the 18th of February, I have my UoC - Lancaster one on Tuesday which I am currently preparing for. Lancaster is my first choice as it is easier to get too and from home there (I live in Blackpool). But on the other hand Manchester will be a nicer big city experience! So will see about both but I am basically set on UoC - Lancaster.

Anyone else on the 18th at MMU?
    Hi there,
    I have my PGCE interview on wed at MMU and was wondering if you could remember what questions you were asked during the individual interview please? I'm so nervous!
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get offered a place either and it was my one and only choice as I have children
    Ive had to apply late to other universities
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avabella)
    I didn't get offered a place either and it was my one and only choice as I have children
    Ive had to apply late to other universities
    x
    Aw I'm really sorry to hear that maybe clearing? I hope you get in somewhere x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw I'm really sorry to hear that maybe clearing? I hope you get in somewhere x

Posted from TSR Mobile

They offered me an alternate course, which I don't really want.
    I mean I have worked so hard for this and juggled with two children and working
    and I don't want to take the other course really

Ive sent applications to two other universities so hoping to get an interview,
    just a waiting game though

these other two unis are over an hour away to commute to on a train but still a nightmare as I have children xx

ReputationRep:

these other two unis are over an hour away to commute to on a train but still a nightmare as I have children xx
    I know how you feel I've been working, doing the access course which is a college nearly 2 hours away, and volunteering at the primary school one day a week. I cried my eyes out when I found out I didn't have an offer. They offered me early childhood studies, but it's not what I want. I have interviews at york and leeds and I am now so nervous cos I did so badly at Manchester :/ where else have you applied to? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean, I just felt like I came out of the interview and they had not a clue what I was about, or how much I wanted it, they only saw that I was a bit shy, but I guess they do it that way for a reason. I think the best thing to do is just try and fit in as much of yourself and your own experience into the discussion as possible. Yes I'm gonna contact York tomorrow, see what they say. Where and when are your interviews? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes hopefully York will tell more about your application! The feedback from Manchester could help you improve on any weakness they noted. I really do hope your other interviews go well xx I have an interview at Manchester soon still not sure what topic to choose, but I think I am going with sustainability and global warming.

ReputationRep:
    Yes hopefully York will tell more about your application! The feedback from Manchester could help you improve on any weakness they noted. I really do hope your other interviews go well xx I have an interview at Manchester soon still not sure what topic to choose, but I think I am going with sustainability and global warming.
    I rang York and they were so helpful, said they would look into it, and five minutes later sent me an interview date when is your manchester interview? No one in my group did that topic, sounds like an interesting choice though, it is always good to be different

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

aww I remember when my mum went to university and she found it a little hard with two children. Sometimes, she even used to take me to some of her lectures lol. Hopefully, you will hear from the other universities or maybe you will get a place through clearing! xxx

ReputationRep:
    I rang York and they were so helpful, said they would look into it, and five minutes later sent me an interview date when is your manchester interview? No one in my group did that topic, sounds like an interesting choice though, it is always good to be different

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's really good! Well done on the interview My interview for Manchester is this week :eek: I'm more worried about answering the questions they will ask me. Tomorrow I am going to get my mum to ask me some x

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel I've been working, doing the access course which is a college nearly 2 hours away, and volunteering at the primary school one day a week. I cried my eyes out when I found out I didn't have an offer. They offered me early childhood studies, but it's not what I want. I have interviews at york and leeds and I am now so nervous cos I did so badly at Manchester :/ where else have you applied to? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that'

That's the one they offered me aswell
    Applied to chester and Staffordshire
    So fingers crossed they look into my application
    As I only added them onto ucas a week ago
    I don't really want to do the course they've offered me

Not meaning to sound ungrateful
    But I have no interest in it when I look at the alternate course in depth xx

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey did you take a parent or friend to the interview at MMU? x

ReputationRep:
    Hey did you take a parent or friend to the interview at MMU? x
    No but I'm 23 so a bit older, most other people had a parent with them x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No but I'm 23 so a bit older, most other people had a parent with them x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg had my interview today!!! I enjoyed the group discussion, but I think I rushed a little with my presentation (

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.