Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

list of things that you think should be made illegal without any exceptions Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Having children without being able to financially look after them.
    Ever heard of Child Tax Credit?Child Benefit?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    the issue in many cases with rough sleepers is that they refuse to comply with the reasonable requests of either shelters or the LA responsible for their housing ...
    There isn't enough housing for the LA to house them. And if you're a single healthy person the LA have no duty to house you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Why should the state pay for a choice?

ReputationRep:
    Perez Hilton.

ReputationRep:
    Drink driving. Absolute ban on consuming any quantity of alcohol before getting behind the wheel of a car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Why should the state pay for a choice?
    All couples should be able to have children regardless of their circumstances its not usually their fault they are unemployed/disabled because they find it hard to get a job.You are also forgetting a lot of people find themselves in a situation where they need financial help after losing jobs/becoming disabled after having children.

ReputationRep:
    Wearing coats and jackets that don't have swingy pom-poms should be outlawed and punishable by death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Public smoking
    Disagree. If people want to kill themselves slowly, let them, just don't cater to them.

Loud exhausts
    Agree, I'm so tired of this one goon down my road that rides his faggy little moped around like he's part of the Hell's Angels.

Rough sleepers and beggers
    I agree with the latter, but not the former, as sometimes you don't have a choice.

Certain religious attire
    Agree, religion should be a private/personal thing.

Human charity stands
    Agree, we ought to just let them hold a convention once a month or something.

Provocative clothing
    Disagree, you can pry my ass-less chaps from my cold dead cheeks!

Cheap alcohol
    Disagree, alcohol is my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Hollyoaks
    Glam Rock
    KISS
    Public Smoking
    Wonga and all it's counterparts
    Citroen Saxo's
    Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls etc.
    Piers Morgan
    All talent shows
    Hackers on Call of Duty
    Robbie Savage
    Controversial one to question - but why? The media has made such a song and dance of what the likes of Wonga actually does - I bet the reasons you have to hate them are mostly false propaganda.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    All couples should be able to have children regardless of their circumstances its not usually their fault they are unemployed/disabled because they find it hard to get a job.You are also forgetting a lot of people find themselves in a situation where they need financial help after losing jobs/becoming disabled after having children.
    There's a difference between having children and then finding yourself out of work and having children whilst out of work.

ReputationRep:
    Lying. I think that knowingly telling a porkie, no matter how small or how white, should be punished with prison for the first offence. I imagine that would solve an awful lot of today's problems.

Of course, then the murder rate would probably shoot up as jealous partners go after their cheating other halves, but that's a different problem requiring a different solution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Per)
    Wearing coats and jackets that don't have swingy pom-poms should be outlawed and punishable by death
    bit extreme,luv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Drink driving. Absolute ban on consuming any quantity of alcohol before getting behind the wheel of a car.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Diesel cars, high emission cars, fox hunting, driven grouse shooting and sheep.

ReputationRep:
    • Denying fathers access to kids except in cases of documented abuse
    • Less environmentally sustainable products/practises
    • Face masks like the niqab
    • Pay day loans companies
    • Street fundraisers
    • Betting shops
    • Cold calling
    • Prostitution
    • Adultery

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Glam rock has its' place, bro!
    ..yeah, in the 70's :laugh:

(Original post by z_aziz)
    animal skin clothing (e.g. fur coats)
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Real animal skin/fur garments
    What about meat eating? :beard:

(Original post by Per)
    You're going to love me!.. :evilbanana:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:

Children should not be bought into this world to parents that rely on the state to bring them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Children should not be bought into this world to parents that rely on the state to bring them up.
    I was and my siblings were my parents have relied on the benefit system for decades.If people like you had been in control of things I probably might not have been born and it doesn't seem fair to discriminate against the potential children of poor parents compared to the potential children of rich parents just because their parents are poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    • Denying fathers access to kids except in cases of documented abuse
    Foo, read the question :rolleyes: I promised myself I'd find that one mistake :P Great, now I can sleep

ReputationRep:
    I was and my siblings were my parents have relied on the benefit system for decades.If people like you had been in control of things I probably might not have been born and it doesn't seem fair to discriminate against the potential children of poor parents compared to the potential children of rich parents just because their parents are poor.
    Why do you think the state should have to pay for peoples children? If you are stable to begin with, but then go through some troubles that's a different story. If people like me were in power, the quality of lives of children would increase as I would stress the importance of financial and social stability before being so arrogant as to having children and expecting on the tax payer to support them. I wouldn't take away benefits, but I would certainly try and stop people who aren't in stable situations from having children. Whose with me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decorpi12)
    Foo, read the question :rolleyes: I promised myself I'd find that one mistake :P Great, now I can sleep
    Haha; sleep, my child

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..but when you wake you're going to have to explain the mistake :dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.