Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Thanks for the reply! I did actually do a quick search about LSD after you mentioned and came across sites stating it wasn't actually very addictive. I'll check out the David Nutt guy

God bless people like you.
    http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...t+air/8823593/ check out this book,
    http://www.drugscience.org.uk/ and check out this website made by david nutt. He was actually the old drug adviser for the government but they didn't like his evidence based approach to drug policies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    I am delighted that you have not been snared into the nightmarish hell of drugs. If you want to find out why drugs are evil you would have to either take them yourself or suffer the loss of a loved one.
    What would you say to somebody who has taken drugs, multiple times and of various classes, who has only had good, fulfilling experiences? Who would not describe themselves as having been "snared into a nightmarish hell", but in fact quite the opposite?

ReputationRep:
    coincidentally I've done MDMA twice this week (probably not advised in that frequency) and it's been my first times doing it. MDMA is amazing - the first time I took twice a "normal" amount while pretty drunk (and high) and I went nuts but I felt like I was having a constant orgasm whilst on a rollercoaster, and I couldn't stop smiling. the second time I had a weaker dose, but I was *extremely* drunk, and I made a tit out of myself because I was taken out of my house and to a local mcdonalds and I remember staring at the people I had met that night and them giving me the look of death back.

in short - MDMA isn't particularly dangerous (I've had some close calls with alcohol, for example) but take it with fairly large gaps in between or else you'll both build tolerance and, potentially, damage your mind with it (or so I hear)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Thanks for the reply! I did actually do a quick search about LSD after you mentioned and came across sites stating it wasn't actually very addictive. I'll check out the David Nutt guy

God bless people like you.
    Its literally not addictive. You don't hear of people getting addicted to it. There is no physical need for it. After taking it there is a very high tolerance which resets over 2 weeks. The day after using LSD you'd have to take 3x the dose you took the day before to get a similar effect. In 2 weeks its back to baseline. It's quite a long trip - 8+ hours(depending on dose) - so finding the appropriate time to trip is not possible for most people at that frequency. And because of the intense, but mostly enjoyable, headspace I think most people tend to trip significantly less frequently than that to recover/mentally prepare themselves for their next trip. When you literally can wait to take a drug again I think that says a lot.

You might also want to look into the global drugs survey. David Nutt's ace. He got fired for telling the truth politicians didn't want him to. Highly respected. His colleague Robin Carhart-Harris is also well respected and does a lot of psychedelic research. There's also Rick Doblin and the Mithoefers of MAPS(Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    coincidentally I've done MDMA twice this week (probably not advised in that frequency) and it's been my first times doing it. MDMA is amazing - the first time I took twice a "normal" amount while pretty drunk (and high) and I went nuts but I felt like I was having a constant orgasm whilst on a rollercoaster, and I couldn't stop smiling. the second time I had a weaker dose, but I was *extremely* drunk, and I made a tit out of myself because I was taken out of my house and to a local mcdonalds and I remember staring at the people I had met that night and them giving me the look of death back.

in short - MDMA isn't particularly dangerous (I've had some close calls with alcohol, for example) but take it with fairly large gaps in between or else you'll both build tolerance and, potentially, damage your mind with it (or so I hear)
    Do your research, man. You sound like the textbook definition of an ignorant drug user. 1 - 3 month intervals. Check erowid for doses. Find out about drugs that are commonly passed off as MDMA and check about reagent testing and their reliability. There's a video somewhere regarding that that I can show you. They have limited use but judging by your comment you could make use of them.

Damaging your mind is a very vague comment. Serotonin syndrome is a possibility though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)

minimum of 2-3 months inbetween, don't mix with alcohol next time as you'll get very dehydrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Do your research, man. You sound like the textbook definition of an ignorant drug user. 1 - 3 month intervals. Check erowid for doses. Find out about drugs that are commonly passed off as MDMA and check about reagent testing and their reliability. There's a video somewhere regarding that that I can show you. They have limited use but judging by your comment you could make use of them.

Damaging your mind is a very vague comment. Serotonin syndrome is a possibility though.
    Biggest mistake made by a lot of users is redosing. There is only so much serotonin available so any more mdma will just bring out more negative side effects

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who takes dangerous drugs and destroys their lives or dies because of it DESERVES IT!

I hope it hurts too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Drugs flourishing is not a new phenomena, it has been happening for hundreds of years. The world has gone mad yes, we've decided to hand over a multi-billion pound industry over to career criminals and allow them to run a completley unregulated market, to the detrement of this 17 year old girl and thousands of others like her. The populations desire for drugs is not the thing that has changed, how we supply that demand is.
    Legalisation won't happen. Ever. And besides no liberal has ever given me an answer when it comes to how they propose to deal with heroin and cocaine being legal.

Look at Indian where anyone can get prescription grade opiates including heroin or diamorphine.

All its done has destroyed lives and communities. But its legalisation? Surely it must be good right? Right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Liberals please explain to me how are you gonna make heroin and cocaine legally available for purchase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESPORTIVA)
    Legalisation won't happen. Ever. And besides no liberal has ever given me an answer when it comes to how they propose to deal with heroin and cocaine being legal.

Look at Indian where anyone can get prescription grade opiates including heroin or diamorphine.

All its done has destroyed lives and communities. But its legalisation? Surely it must be good right? Right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cannabis legalisation has already been happening across the U.S. and some parts of Latin America.

Heroin and cocaine have destroyed communities and lives in this country as well as many others where possession is illegal, so prohbition clearly doesn't work, any rational person can see that. Not to mention most of the harm comes from prohibition itself.

Personally I would make heroin available to addicts via pescription, I don't think people should be able to buy skag from Tesco Express.

Drugs are already very readily available, you're not stopping anyone from getting them. All you're doing is creating a black market.

ReputationRep:
    Cannabis legalisation has already been happening across the U.S. and some parts of Latin America.

Heroin and cocaine have destroyed communities and lives in this country as well as many others where possession is illegal, so prohbition clearly doesn't work, any rational person can see that. Not to mention most of the harm comes from prohibition itself.

Personally I would make heroin available to addicts via pescription, I don't think people should be able to buy skag from Tesco Express.

Drugs are already very readily available, you're not stopping anyone from getting them. All you're doing is creating a black market.
    But we already supply low life junkies with perscription opiates. And it still doesn't solve a damn thing!

The opiates prescribed are noticeably weaker than heroin and morphine anyway, otherwise these junkies will never stop.

Seriously people its 2015! You know heroin and other hard drugs are bad for you. Why take then and then beg for help when you know of the severe consiquences?

So "legalisation" only really works with cannabis by the looks of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But we already supply low life junkies with perscription opiates. And it still doesn't solve a damn thing!

The opiates prescribed are noticeably weaker than heroin and morphine anyway, otherwise these junkies will never stop.

Seriously people its 2015! You know heroin and other hard drugs are bad for you. Why take then and then beg for help when you know of the severe consiquences?

So "legalisation" only really works with cannabis by the looks of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean only works for cannabis and alcohol and tobacco and all of the hundreds of drugs not covered by the misue of drugs act?

Drug addiction is also a medically recognised disease, so no it's not just a case of "don't do it".

You've still failed to provide a single solid reason for prohibition.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean only works for cannabis and alcohol and tobacco and all of the hundreds of drugs not covered by the misue of drugs act?

Drug addiction is also a medically recognised disease, so no it's not just a case of "don't do it".

You've still failed to provide a single solid reason for prohibition.
    Where did I say that I support prohibition. I'm just pointing out a flaw with this liberal fantasy.

Yes it is a case if don't do it.

With the exception of babies born to dope fiends, it is a case of don't do it.

There is no excuse. They know the consequences. Its funny how they all beg for help after. Maybe you shouldn't have messed with opiates in the first place you low life junkie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where did I say that I support prohibition. I'm just pointing out a flaw with this liberal fantasy.

Yes it is a case if don't do it.

With the exception of babies born to dope fiends, it is a case of don't do it.

There is no excuse. They know the consequences. Its funny how they all beg for help after. Maybe you shouldn't have messed with opiates in the first place you low life junkie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still nothing more than incoherent ramblings that are in complete opposition to science and medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing more than incoherent ramblings that are in complete opposition to science and medicine.
    Typical liberal response. Can't cone up with anything constructive in response. Just cowards out if the argument.

Typical liberal coward :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Typical liberal response. Can't cone up with anything constructive in response. Just cowards out if the argument.

Oh dear god not you again. You are by far the most misinformed yet severely critical person I have ever met concerning the topic of legalisation.
    Nobody bother arguing with this guy, he'll just say that we're only paying the cartels to deal out more death. There's no rationality in his arguments, just baseless opinions that he likes to pass off as facts. If he was on a debate team he'd be the butt of every joke from both the opposition and his own team mates. That being said, I can't have my entire post being ad hominem can I?

Regarding coke and skag: who are you to say that I cannot put what I want into my body? If I want to take either of these drugs then I will. Regardless of whether they're legal or not, people will find a way to get what they want. At least if the above are legalised then they can be regulated and not contaminated with whatever the hell goes into them these days in an attempt to boost the volume of the product. Less people will die as a result.

You only need to look at Portugal's drug policy to see that complete decriminalisation is a good idea. Sure, the numbers of drug users were boosted in the short term, but they declined and stabilised after a short period and are now no higher than they were back when the government took the liberty of deciding what we can and cannot put into our own bodies.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't coward out of the argument because you haven't even made an argument. Just the same old "druggies r bad" repeated over and over again. Make some valid points and I'll respond, I don't think you're capable of that though.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't coward out of the argument because you haven't even made an argument. Just the same old "druggies r bad" repeated over and over again. Make some valid points and I'll respond, I don't think you're capable of that though.
    heroin and cocaine cant be legalised the same way cannabis can. The only option is complete access for everyone or what we have now where we supply weak opiates to low life failed abortions in an attempt to wean them off the drugs (at the taxpayers expense).

The low life failed abortions end up just getting stronger stuff from street dealers instead.

look at india where its freely available to everyone who wants it. COMPLETE DISASTER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Oh dear god not you again. You are by far the most misinformed yet severely critical person I have ever met concerning the topic of legalisation.
    Nobody bother arguing with this guy, he'll just say that we're only paying the cartels to deal out more death. There's no rationality in his arguments, just baseless opinions that he likes to pass off as facts. If he was on a debate team he'd be the butt of every joke from both the opposition and his own team mates. That being said, I can't have my entire post being ad hominem can I?

Regarding coke and skag: who are you to say that I cannot put what I want into my body? If I want to take either of these drugs then I will. Regardless of whether they're legal or not, people will find a way to get what they want. At least if the above are legalised then they can be regulated and not contaminated with whatever the hell goes into them these days in an attempt to boost the volume of the product. Less people will die as a result.

You only need to look at Portugal's drug policy to see that complete decriminalisation is a good idea. Sure, the numbers of drug users were boosted in the short term, but they declined and stabilised after a short period and are now no higher than they were back when the government took the liberty of deciding what we can and cannot put into our own bodies.
    how do you know less people will die as a result? pharmaceutical grade is safer? more potent you mean, and more pure. Take a look at what happens in india when you introduce pharmaceutical grade opiates which are freely available.

only a liberal will think that destroying your life with opiates is desirable, because who are you to tell me what i can and cant put in my body.

low life junkies waste taxpayers money for a problem which could have been prevented by simple not taking the drug in the first place. BUT OH WAIT! they are having personal problems with their life..............yeah and taking heroin is gonna make it all better right?

my point about cartels still stand so stop crying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.