• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by kashagupta)
    Yaaayy well done!! I will be too - join the offer holder's page on facebook

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

That's brilliant, congrats! Will see you there then. Will just join it now. :yep:

Also, are you also asked to send them your A-Level certificates? Do we mail them or something?

EDIT: Just asked to join the FB group. If the admin wants to know my name, please PM me...I'd rather not say on the public forum.

ReputationRep:
    So guys Say we meet the offer and get in for real in August. They will send us those accomodation selection emails. We'll choose 5 options. Will they be like

1. Beit
    2. Eastside
    3. Westside

OR

1. Beit Single Ensuite
    2. Eastside Single Ensuite

OR

1. Beit
    2. Gabor Hall (part of Eastside)

OR

1. Beit Single Ensuite
    2. Gabor Single Ensuite

If you get what I mean?

And what's the chance we get our selected room? I really don't want to be thrown out of the main campus from the get go and I would HATE to share a bathroom with 10 other guys or a room with someone I don't know who has different study patterns, lifestyle etc :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozbilege)
    So guys Say we meet the offer and get in for real in August. They will send us those accomodation selection emails. We'll choose 5 options. Will they be like

1. Beit
    2. Eastside
    3. Westside

OR

1. Beit Single Ensuite
    2. Eastside Single Ensuite

OR

1. Beit
    2. Gabor Hall (part of Eastside)

OR

1. Beit Single Ensuite
    2. Gabor Single Ensuite

If you get what I mean?

And what's the chance we get our selected room? I really don't want to be thrown out of the main campus from the get go and I would HATE to share a bathroom with 10 other guys or a room with someone I don't know who has different study patterns, lifestyle etc :P
    Its under east and south etc
    Not by gabor or Falmouth etc
    You put room type and price band and which one is more important to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    Its under east and south etc
    Not by gabor or Falmouth etc
    You put room type and price band and which one is more important to you
    So since there are only 4 South Kensington halls, we are forced to put a fifth one NOT in South Kensington? :/

I might be thinking too much into the future, but having to move to a whole other country with only about 1 month notice (after the A Level Results) WILL be challenging. I want to know as much as possible right now so I'm not as loaded with craploads of info in 3 days if I meet the offer

ReputationRep:
    So since there are only 4 South Kensington halls, we are forced to put a fifth one NOT in South Kensington? :/

I might be thinking too much into the future, but having to move to a whole other country with only about 1 month notice (after the A Level Results) WILL be challenging. I want to know as much as possible right now so I'm not as loaded with craploads of info in 3 days if I meet the offer
    Perfectly reasonable I've already thought about it
    There are five I believe garden and weeks are in South Kensington too
    But if you put the hhighest price band and then say that price is your priority you'll more than likely be put in South Kensington as they're most expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Thank you!

That's brilliant, congrats! Will see you there then. Will just join it now. :yep:

Also, are you also asked to send them your A-Level certificates? Do we mail them or something?

EDIT: Just asked to join the FB group. If the admin wants to know my name, please PM me...I'd rather not say on the public forum.
    You certainly shall 😊 Yep I've been asked to send my A-Level certificates and by the sounds of things they want them posted; however they haven't been very clear with regards to the address or if there's a deadline involved! Soo I'm thinking I'll just wait till I've firmed in March and the DBS also comes through in the package they send - what do you think is best to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by kashagupta)
    You certainly shall Yep I've been asked to send my A-Level certificates and by the sounds of things they want them posted; however they haven't been very clear with regards to the address or if there's a deadline involved! Soo I'm thinking I'll just wait till I've firmed in March and the DBS also comes through in the package they send - what do you think is best to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :awesome:

I emailed them yesterday and got a reply today.

We need to send out certificates by the 22nd July, I believe. We can either post them or take them with us to Imperial in person and I think I'm going to do the latter...can't risk them getting lost in the post!

The address that we need to post them to/can deliver them to is:

Registry: Medicine Admissions Team
    Imperial College London
    Level 3: Sherfield Building
    South Kensington Campus
    London SW7 2AZ

If you want to go to them in person, you need to take them to The Student Hub in the same building. They're open between 9:30 - 17:00 Monday - Friday, except on Wednesday where they're open between 10:00 - 17:00, so pop in during those hours if you're planning on going in person.

Oh, and they'll send offer packs (including the DBS form) in the next couple of months.

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

I emailed them yesterday and got a reply today.

We need to send out certificates by the 22nd July, I believe. We can either post them or take them with us to Imperial in person and I think I'm going to do the latter...can't risk them getting lost in the post!

The address that we need to post them to/can deliver them to is:

Registry: Medicine Admissions Team
    Imperial College London
    Level 3: Sherfield Building
    South Kensington Campus
    London SW7 2AZ

If you want to go to them in person, you need to take them to The Student Hub in the same building. They're open between 9:30 - 17:00 Monday - Friday, except on Wednesday where they're open between 10:00 - 17:00, so pop in during those hours if you're planning on going in person.

Oh, and they'll send offer packs (including the DBS form) in the next couple of months.
    So tempting to go in person but so hard to do it since I'm on the other side of the continent hahaha
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    So tempting to go in person but so hard to do it since I'm on the other side of the continent hahaha
    Ah you're the guy from Cyprus, right? (Saw on the FB page :ninja: Ignore me if not!)

Congrats on the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Ah you're the guy from Cyprus, right? (Saw on the FB page :ninja: Ignore me if not!)

Congrats on the offer.
    Yes I am hahaha And you are?
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Yes I am hahaha And you are?
    I'll PM you that.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Not a medic but spend a lot of time at imperial for my job. The things that separate Imperial and Oxbridge from the other medical schools is the amount of academics they churn out.

Other universities are more clinical heavy. So if academia is appealing to you, Imperial's an awesome choice, if you're set on the clinical side of doctoring, other unis are a more suitable choice.

ReputationRep:
    Have to wait 7 months now, dont really know what to do in that time. This gap years gonna seem longer than expected :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Zahra~)
    Have to wait 7 months now, dont really know what to do in that time. This gap years gonna seem longer than expected :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    While I see where you're coming from I'd much rather be in our position than in Year 13, much more relaxing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJB96)
    While I see where you're coming from I'd much rather be in our position than in Year 13, much more relaxing
    Yeah thats true lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJB96)
    I agree
    You can come finish my a levels for me Zahra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Zahra~)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm totally in the same boat here lol...although looking up living costs definitely scared me into continuing to work and save up instead of travelling for several months!

ReputationRep:
    WOOO I can finally post here, offer came through last night!! We made it guys I've asked to join the facebook group if someone can add me, can't wait to meet you all!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    I agree
    You can come finish my a levels for me Zahra
    Haha no thanks ive already been through all of that stress!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hen4r)
    I'm totally in the same boat here lol...although looking up living costs definitely scared me into continuing to work and save up instead of travelling for several months!
    Hahaha I second this!! Oh the London life, bring on the debt

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.