• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by A5ko)
    1. Born in a remote rural village.

2. Age 9 Discovered that the entire population of the village possessed magical gifts.

3. Age 12 I ventured out into the world and begun studying.

4. Age 17 I discovered Cones, and their potential for magical properties.

5. Age 163 (Present) I mastered the 4th Conical Transfiguratory Breach.
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    What rough life you've had hope you get into uni man
    Hopefully. Then i can disown myself and cure my anxiety once and for all at uni along with my great career plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    I'm guessing Finland?
    Children start school at age of 7 not only in Finland In Lithuania, some children even start school at age of 6, even though it's too early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Children start school at age of 7 not only in Finland In Lithuania, some children even start school at age of 6, even though it's too early.
    What's your life story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    What's your life story
    I've posted it already :facepalm:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    1. A big mix of my mum and dad (behaviour, nature and looks)

2. Parents divorced at aged 10ish

3. Get torn between parents who hate each others guts

4. Argue a lot with my older bro and younger sis
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I was born. I am alive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was born at 6 months. I was so tiny and red when I was born. Me and my mum nearly died. We were at seperate hospitals so my dad travelled between them and prayed a lot . Still feel like I need more time chilling in the uterus tbh. I think Might be drawn to my mum more than other people my age. I wonder what it would have been like if I'd have been born full term as I am naturally slow physically (like on sports day I tried as hard as everyone else to run but was wayyy behind them. I think there may be a video of my Granny laughing at it lol) and stressed which have been said to be syptoms of my early birth. Also I still enjoy Cbeebies and am quite childlike but maybe that's just my personality.

That was chapter 1. I may follow with more.

ReputationRep:
    Born in 1994 in Greenwich. Lived a pretty normal life throughout school.

Decided when I was at college that I didn't want to go to uni in England but instead wanted to study my degree in Australia.

Applied for UQ, got accepted, left all my family and friends at the start of 2012 and now I'm living a life beyond my wildest dreams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    And then you woke up from the dream.
    HAHA thats funny x

ReputationRep:
    Born in 1996 in Stafford. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. 2 of the siblings I don't see because of arguments and all that rubbish.

I went to a first school, then proceeded to go to primary school but had to move because I got bullied. Then I got bullied again through the second primary school but I didn't move, I continued onto high school which was hell. That was the start of depression and anxiety.

Although I did have a pretty awesome childhood. Other the the bullying and other things. My nephews were born when I was quite young so I treasure them all I can.

When I finished school, I started talking to this guy and I fell for him real bad. That was the time I went to college to study health and social care. He turned out to be a douchebag, since he made my depression worse. It was quite an abusive relationship. Anyways I got rid.

Currently, aged 18. I am the happiest I have been since I was about 7 years old. I feel so free from everything. I'm currently taking a year out, starting college again to do a foundation year in art and design and will study something on the borderline to that. Maybe graphics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Born at over 11lb by Caesarean section in Ashford, UK in July 1995

Lived in a village near Dover all my life

Have a sixteen-year-old brother

One of my best friends has been my friend for over fifteen years (we met at primary school)

Had a pretty happy time at primary school, apart from in Year 3 when I was really unwell and I had a teacher who hated me!

Got to secondary school and was top of my year. However, I was quite badly bullied for three years.

2008 was the worst year of my life by far. Not only was I being bullied, but my grandfather was in hospital from September 2007 until he died in October 2008 (he had about five spells in ITU, as well). July 2008 was the worst by far. My grandfather had just come out of ITU again, when my 11-year-old cousin died in a freak bike accident, which was traumatising in itself. Then one of my "friends" saw that I was emotionally very frail by that point, and decided to pick on me and try and isolate me. It worked, and she did it the day before my cousin's funeral! (Funny how when she was upset about something minor, I'd have to be there at her demand, but when I'd just had something happen to me that traumatised me for about a year, it was still all about her because she wouldn't be centre of attention.) I also split up with my first boyfriend after we'd been together six months, and lost my cat three days before my cousin's funeral (we'd lost another cat a few weeks before). I still bore the emotional scars a year later, and even if you gave me all the money in the world, I would never return to this period or the months that followed it. However, I came out of it a lot stronger and I'm now frequently described as a strong and happy person!

Got the top GCSE results in my year. I got 3A*, 3A and 2B, as well as a B in AS chemistry (which I was the only person in my year to sit) and ended up in the paper. At the time I wanted to be a doctor or a vet, and had applied to stay at my secondary school for sixth form to do the biology, chemistry, maths and something else (think it was physics) as I stupidly thought that moving would complicate my A level chemistry. I knew it was a terrible school, with less than 30% getting 5A*-C, but once the bullying stopped I loved being there. Stupid mistake. Two weeks later, the school sent me down to the local grammar school for sixth form because I was "too bright for them" and they changed the A level sciences to BTechs. Because everything was such a blur, I never got to do the A levels I wanted. Instead I ended up doing maths, further maths, chemistry and history, and I hated two of them with a passion (history and further maths).

At sixth form, I lost my confidence academically, which particularly showed in the lower sixth and in further maths. I did alright in my AS levels, getting 4Bs, and my overall results were, too, with 3Bs and a C. However, I didn't believe in myself, and when I did try, I did get A grades. But my confidence only came back towards the end of upper sixth, by which point it was too late. I know I could've got A grades, as all my chemistry exams for A2 and resits were A grades, but the damage was done. I have learned my lesson to never let things like that knock you down.

Took a gap year at my local wildlife park in the education department- loved it (and still do!). Went from a very shy to very confident person! Also got to see some pretty cool stuff that I won't forget until the day I die; for example, seeing an eight-hour-old African elephant and watching her grow!

I'm now at Plymouth University doing environmental science, and loving every moment (well, nearly every moment!). I have made lots of really good friends, doing better than expected in my course, am nearly constantly laughing with friends, and loving being in Plymouth even though it's 300 miles from home.

As far as the future's concerned, I'm dead set on being a wildlife conservationist.

ReputationRep:
    oh goody this one again

it will amuse me more if you think I'm trolling because this is a true story.

Smash Life Pt 1

>lives in North

>has Dyspraxia (le butter fingers)

>was very sad that he couldn't catch ball and ting in young years

>'piggy in the middle' of the family (sigh)

that set the precedent for the future 22 years.

ReputationRep:
    Smash Life Pt 2

>Reinvention in grammar school

>The Regime Y7-11

>Mental breakdown Y12-/13

>Riku and Uni years

>The Ex

>Graduation and Smash Bandicoot

ReputationRep:
    Well you're really asking two questions there. The first one takes me back to 1934. Admiral Burn had just reached the pole, only hours ahead of the Three Stooges...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by og.east)
    there's always one
    I thought it was funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :jumphug: to you and O.Ozz

<3

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories. It's so inspiring! I think it is good to bear in mind that you are never the only person going through something, no matter how lonely you feel.

Btw, are you guys not worried that people will be able to link the story to you through your TSR account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWaffle)
    Now, this is the story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In West Philadelphia, born and raised
    On the playground is where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin' some B-ball outside of the school

When a couple of guys who were up to no good
    Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    And said, "You're movin' with your aunty and uncle in Bel Air"

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
    But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
    She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket
    I put my Walkman on and said, "I might as well kick it!"

First class, yo this is bad
    Drinkin' orange juice out of a champagne glass
    Is this what the people of Bel Air are livin' like
    Hmmm, this might be alright

But wait, I hear they're prissy, bourgeois and all that
    Is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat?
    I don't think so, I'll see when I get there
    I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel Air

Well, uh, the plane landed and when I came out
    There was a dude look like a cop standin' wavin' my name out
    I ain't tryin' to get arrested yet, I just got here
    I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
    The license plate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
    If anything I could say that this cab was rare
    But I thought, nah forget it, yo home to Bel Air

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight
    And I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell you later"
    Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there
    To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel Air

:cool:
    I loved this
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I am 1/4 Chinese but was born in the uk. I left secondary school and now go to an amazing sixth form with hopes of going to university to become a doctor ( after an illness at age 13, I was in awe of how much they helped me and this inspired me to do the same!) I love anything medicine related and spend most of my current spare time in the library ( boring I know).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.