Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LutherVan)
    Sex is not about love, sex is about attraction.
    I would say that sex is different things to different people. While it may be about attraction for you, I suggest you give others the opportunity to define it differently.

(Original post by Clip)
    This is an entirely false premise.

You seem to be suggesting that age seems to naturally increase the level of swag you have. In almost all cases, this is untrue.

Some older blokes will be able to pull 20 year olds - no doubt. Others might be able to depending on circumstances. In the main, though - a 40 year old guy is going to look like a 40 year old guy and talk like a 40 year old guy. These are not naturally attractive traits except to girls with daddy issues - and there aren't too many of those.
    With the rates of divorce and singlemotherhood in modern day, I would disagree there are not too many of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This bloke has been on point in everything he has said so far on this thread.

He understands the game very well and I am sure he gets laid very well too.

Thumbs up, bro,:rock:

I disagree. Aesthetics can mean that you don't even need to play the game. Just approach/get approached and talk about random rubbish, seriously. Seriously you can be as arrogant as you want and still get laid. Put it this way, you can do anything you want and it would get construed as being positive. E.g. a bit shy, oh it is so cute, bit of a ****? Oh he's a badboy, thats nice.

Personality is for ugly people. There are a lot of thirsty girls out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    I would say that sex is different things to different people. While it may be about attraction for you, I suggest you give others the opportunity to define it differently.
    Apart from prostitution and rape, the only constant in sex between two is attraction.

So sex is about attraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I disagree. Aesthetics can mean that you don't even need to play the game. Just approach/get approached and talk about random rubbish, seriously. Seriously you can be as arrogant as you want and still get laid. Put it this way, you can do anything you want and it would get construed as being positive. E.g. a bit shy, oh it is so cute, bit of a ****? Oh he's a badboy, thats nice.

Personality is for ugly people. There are a lot of thirsty girls out there.
    It isn't looks - just appearance. I can go out dressed like a bad boy and score reeeeeeally easily. If I go out wearing manly non-tosspot clothes I get barely any attention.

But I think you are right about big guys. Women expect more from them and do give them more leeway, but many of them still act like little girls and don't attract women. The bad boy act achieves similar leeway and attraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    It isn't looks - just appearance. I can go out dressed like a bad boy and score reeeeeeally easily. If I go out wearing manly non-tosspot clothes I get barely any attention.

But I think you are right about big guys. Women expect more from them and do give them more leeway, but many of them still act like little girls and don't attract women. The bad boy act achieves similar leeway and attraction.
    Nah, the thing is confidence. Act how you want and not how they want you to act. It is a lot more fun that way. Just seriously say what the **** you want and do what the **** you want. With a slice of charm of course.

I disagree with the clothing b.s. , you can dress in Primark and still pull in London's top west end places. Seen it, not tried that myself admittedly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Dads a cad. What a ****ing inspiration, 56 and still giving them the ****.
    Yeah the thing is I wouldn't say he's unfaithful in a normal sense as he wont sleep with just some random woman he'll only do it if they're hot and young and like I said before he said my mum can sleep with a random hot young guy if she wants to, but she can't get one. I made him promise not to sleep with anyone on my course though lol it's awkward when I see him in the same nightclub as me though

ReputationRep:
    TSR - the only place where lots of people come to talk very intensely and in much detail about sex, almost to a philosophical level that may have never been reached - despite no one actually doing the real life thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawFromSci)
    What are women's views with their husbands cheating with younger girls, e.g those men who are in their 50's what do their wives expect them to do if a student/early 20's girl hits on him he's obvs gonna have sex they are prettier and fresher. I mean if it's ONS, e.g I always see people who I know with wives and sometimes even children that are grown up and married and they'll be in clubs and will hit on 19/20 year olds and will go and have sex with them surely the wife can't blame him and she would do the same if a hot young guy hit on her as well so would you leave you husband if he cheated on you once with a girl about 30 years younger, I mean if it's just sex not an afdair
    - a lot of flaws in this logic
    - men don't only care about youth and physical appeal. Love, commitment, raising kids do figure
    - maturity has attractiveness
    - by in large 19/20 somethings choose partners around their own age.

So while no doubt there are some ill advised liaisons they are not a commonplace norm. And I think the wife might well blame him..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    TSR - the only place where lots of people come to talk very intensely and in much detail about sex, almost to a philosophical level that may have never been reached - despite no one actually doing the real life thing.
    One thing I hate most about some people is that they are so stupid they can't accept the idea that others might be successful, intelligent and socially capable too.

TSR - one of the many places where lots of antiintellectual idiots come to shame those with more than one brain cell.

ReputationRep:
    The views of those who have had relationships with married men and how they feel/felt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Yeah, and you made a vow to honour, obey and serve him, till death do you part.

I can't remember the last woman I saw who fit into the honour, obey and serve role. What is the divorce rate now? 60%? Initiated 75% of the time by women?

No thanks. I'll have all the pointless sex I can find and you continue life after 35 with cats and chocolate.
    (Original post by amylouisenic)
    Yes that's true, those vows are outdated but fidelity (in my opinion) is the one constant.
    They are indeed outdated. That's why "obey" hasn't been part of either church or civil wedding vows for decades. And even when they were, the man promised to serve the woman, not the other way round.

(Original post by LawFromSci)
    Yeah the thing is I wouldn't say he's unfaithful in a normal sense as he wont sleep with just some random woman he'll only do it if they're hot and young and like I said before he said my mum can sleep with a random hot young guy if she wants to, but she can't get one. I made him promise not to sleep with anyone on my course though lol it's awkward when I see him in the same nightclub as me though
    That is an entirely "normal" sense of infidelity - most people who cheat don't just sleep with anyone!

Your dad sounds incredibly cringeworthy. I hope your mum has stayed in the marriage because she genuinely is ok with his awful behaviour, rather than because she feels she has no alternative.

ReputationRep:
    What counts as cheating nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    That's idiotic. You can't justify cheating like that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.