Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    what's a skinny girl gonna do for me besides break?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megxn)
    if he doesn't like your weight then he really isn't worth your time!
    People aren't entitled to other peoples affection and attraction. What horrible advice.

ReputationRep:
    It may not put me off initially, but it may not go far if you dont pass the scale test on the second date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Men have lower standards than women because females are more selective (supply of horny men is high, demand from women is lower).
    This is only true for causal sex, not relationships. Many (most) men are quite happy to sleep with, and causally date, girls that they would not commit to in a monogamous relationship. Yeah, overweight girls will have absolutely no problem getting sex, but finding a guy who wants to be with them exclusively will be harder. That's not to say they wont meet someone of course, just that they will probably have to lower their standards slightly.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to worry about op!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    Find a guy your weight and relax.

Or just loose weight... -.-

Personally I would never date a larger girl, it shows she lacks self control and self worth thus self confidence.
    Now, I do respect your opinion as obviously you are entitled to it, BUT being larger DOES NOT show a lack of self control or self worth and self confidence, not by any means at all, some women are larger for a variety of reasons, including medical reasons or some women aren't afraid to be larger because it's how they feel good, For example, I know a young lady who is 17st BUT she's happy as she is and she goes to the gym five times a week to stay fit and healthy, She is one of the most confident and self-controlled people I know, and it's unfair of you to make those judgements on larger women just because they are larger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohat)
    This is only true for causal sex, not relationships. Many (most) men are quite happy to sleep with, and causally date, girls that they would not commit to in a monogamous relationship. Yeah, overweight girls will have absolutely no problem getting sex, but finding a guy who wants to be with them exclusively will be harder. That's not to say they wont meet someone of course, just that they will probably have to lower their standards slightly.
    True and i'd say relationship standards are pretty low (hence why they go out will dole dossing chav's that cheat on them) but the initial selectivity is high.

So the best example is that when choosing who to date or ****, a girl on a dating site may get 100 replies but be very selective and only date 5 in a month. But when choosing who to be in a relationship from those 5, she may be willing to be with 4 of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm somewhere between 11 and 12 stone (not sure how much bcos I haven't weighed myself for months and I have lost weight recently) and I'm 5'8
    Lmao yeah you're fine

ReputationRep:
    Kinda stupid when the BMI scale (a medical measurement) is brought up in response to what is clearly a question asking about aesthetics or appearance. Just because your BMI is outside the obese range does not mean that you are physically attractive...

OP - if you feel the need to ask these questions then you probably need to shed some flab, even if it's just to make you mentally happier.

Also if you manage to attract a guy in the first place he isn't gonna suddenly do a U-turn when you "try to take it further.

ReputationRep:
    Any guy worth your time isn't going to care that you're a little overweight. Infact the right guy will adore your jiggly thighs and tummy. Of course there are guys out there who will just generally prefer slimmer girls - don't let that get you down or make you want to change because there's just as many guys who prefer thicker girls too. If you lose weight, lose it because YOU want to, not because it'll make more guys like you. Own your jiggles! good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    May I ask what was bizarre about it?
    "What do I need a rake for? I'm not a gardener."

Overstretches the metaphor somewhat.

Unless you actually attach prongs to your girlfriends and use them to tidy your garden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D_ecrivaine)
    Yeah I guess. I don't really think there's anything wrong with being picky as long as you're realistic/not hypocritical. For example, I had a friend who didn't date until she was 21. Up until this, she was always lusting over guys, their abs, facebooking stalking ever relatively cute guy she knew, overanalyzing the slightest interaction, etc. She would always complain about how no guys ever liked her and seemed to expect a gorgeous dream guy to drop at her feet, despite being very overweight, eating very unhealthily, not taking care of her skin, and not dressing in a flattering manner (though this was because of her weight, I guess). She was also very clingy and jealous, she would get mad when I hung out with my friends from school (she graduated before me) and our friendship ended when she got mad that I thought her birthday was august 31 instead of the 30th despite have worked 11-12 hours shifts the previous two days (and I had gotten her a present, I hadn't completely forgotten) and she didn't speak to me for two weeks.
    Anyway, I think sometimes people have unrealistic expectations.
    If you're too lazy to lose weight, just use awesome pick up lines You heard it here first folks. Pick up lines > Figure

ReputationRep:
    What you need to ask yourself isn't "Will my weight bother him?", but "Does my weight bother me?"

Are you happy with your weight? Do you feel fat or unhealthy?

You should be at a weight that you're content with, not that someone else is. Everyone likes different shapes and sizes, so you will never please everyone. But you can keep yourself happy, which is what you should aim to do.

ReputationRep:

Personally I would never date a larger girl, it shows she lacks self control and self worth thus self confidence.
    You are posting this up as I'm guessing you are self conscious. So you need to change for your own mental state. Not for another persons benefit.

However Its not going to make a blind bit of difference and wouldn't bother us. iAmanze is just chatting rubbish as a result of his insecurities and the need to outwardly project them. I'm guessing that he has little to no experience with members of the rival gender.

Now to iAmanze:
    From many of the posts Ive read you wouldn't get past the first date with any girl whom had any respect for herself. The flip side of that this is the way you act on the internet and in real life you're fairly sound. But I doubt it.

ReputationRep:

not really, metabolisms vary which has an impact on others weight, i'm pretty slim and i'm thankful for it but i rarely ever exercise i eat well sometimes and sometimes i dont. it's nothing to do with crap self control or low self confidence it's because i simply don't give a **** about how many calories are in a piece of chocolate cake, you live once i'm not going to abide to some sort of rule to fit in. my advice to this girl is if YOU are unhappy with your weight, forgetting others perspectives, try and work it off and make yourself happy.

my friend used to to think the same aslomg as you feel attractive YOU are attractive and dont get put of what guys think. Its your opinion of yourself that matters the most. And trust me aslong as you dress for your size And feel sexy Any guy would be falling at your feet

ReputationRep:
    From your experiences, do guys generally get put off by girls being slightly bigger or do they care more about other things?
    One guy told me that we can only be friends, because he find only athletic girls attractive.

Other one teased me about my belly and said that I need to tone up.

So even slight chubbiness put guys off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megxn)
    if he doesn't like your weight then he really isn't worth your time!
    I don't think this is always necessarily true. I mean, if I don't shower regularly because I like my own odours and feel that washing irritates my skin, should I expect people to just accept this?

Not saying that there's anything wrong with carrying a bit of extra timber, but if I was on the Internet making threads about attracting others, I think I'd look to make myself more marketable wherever possible.

Personally, I see fatness as a trait of laziness, and if somebody can't be bothered to look after themselves, then why should I bother?

ReputationRep:
    my friend used to to think the same aslomg as you feel attractive YOU are attractive and dont get put of what guys think. Its your opinion of yourself that matters the most. And trust me aslong as you dress for your size And feel sexy Any guy would be falling at your feet
    How's the weather in noddy land?
    Men aren't stupid, whatever you wear we know exactly what's under there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Before you even think about getting a boyfriend, you need to learn to love yourself! If you are feeling insecure about your weight and want to shift a few pounds, do it for yourself and not for any boy. And if a boy doesn't like you because of your weight then he isn't worth your time anyway!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.