Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blitzkrieg15)
    Not many lecturers create quality handouts on Word or Powerpoint these days. They just scribble on a projector with felt, or project a few bullet points, then talk around it in lecture. Laziness to the extreme. They do expect you to manage 70% of the learning yourself, they just direct you a bit in class.
    apparently the lecturer was bad too, some greek guy who could barely speak english (no racism but obviously students need to understand them)

ReputationRep:
    In England it's Leeds, in america it's dartmouth or princeton.
    If you mean like create a uni, I'd say a campus not too far from the city, with year abroads in most subjects like psychology to history, and a red brick, beautiful uni. Cheap acommodation. Typed up exams, help with studying as I find it quite difficult to concentrate when studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDn)
    apparently the lecturer was bad too, some greek guy who could barely speak english (no racism but obviously students need to understand them)
    I saw a lecture carried out by an Indian guy from Harvard Business School once, could barely understand what he was saying. It happens, not all lecturers can communicate their gifts effectively.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford...but I ****ed up this year. 2016 it is :lol::lol:

ReputationRep:
    what is it
    A free one, with free courses, free accomodations, and a full bursary for all.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford I really want to study PPL there

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge or one of the Ivies except Brown or Dartmouth.

Oh....wait....lol *smug*

ReputationRep:
    what is it
    Its... Its...sorta difficult to tell as I am awake.
    Ask me when I'm sleeping.

Ta-ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeetime)
    Will you be going to Manchester for Ancient History?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I already am, first year

ReputationRep:
    Edge Hill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainBrown)
    I already am, first year
    How do you like it? I'll be doing it in the fall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeetime)
    But as you've said, you could always do your masters at LSE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well yes I could
    Hopefully!
    I'd love to go to the top 10 unis for Economics(masters) but LSE is still a dream(if I get a first class degree)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Well yes I could
    Hopefully!
    I'd love to go to the top 10 unis for Economics(masters) but LSE is still a dream(if I get a first class degree)
    I'd love to go to Oxford for my masters. I'm sure our dream universities aren't completely out of reach.

ReputationRep:
    The following are more than just universities, they are part of history: Oxbridge, Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh (and Glasgow, Aberdeen).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLalaxx)
    Vassar College
    Great if you're rich, not too smart, reading Liberal Arts and don't want to be in a sorority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Great if you're rich, not too smart, reading Liberal Arts and don't want to be in a sorority.
    It's like $60,000 a year. Not worth it! Only said it cos it was mentioned in PLL.lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "Wanted")
    UCL but with enough study space to actually sit down and work.

If I got a penny for every time I walked around like a plonker trying to get some seating.....
    Some one might have already replied, but you must really be pleased with the new hub opening then! It's not overly crowded I find, but then I don't particularly go during the peak hours either =)

ReputationRep:
    A medical university!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge (and I actually got an offer there)

ReputationRep:
    Exeter!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.