Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you see your partner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    Does an LDR count if you see each other every weekend?

Train's an hour and a bit away. She's in Cambridge.
    There's a similar distance between my boyfriend and I (although it takes a bit longer to travel) and I call that semi-long distance. When I think long distance I think of couples who live further away, possibly even different countries, and see each other once a month or less. Saying that I know others that consider relationships long distance if they live in the same town/city but different sides.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    I'm sure you will be fine. Just gotta keep doing whatever you've been doing this last year and a half . Before you know it she'll be back.
    Unluckily things are hard already ahahah. I am enduring it mate, but is crazy what distance can do... just guess our relationship is not strong enough, hope to be wrong :|

ReputationRep:
    Well?
    Do you think you see each other enough, too little or is it too much?
    When I'm at home, every night to every other night depending. I don't want to invade his space too much! When I'm at university every 6/7 weeks or so when we are really busy but normally every 2-4 weeks. It goes from extreme to extreme.

ReputationRep:
    We used to only see each other once a week (if I was lucky) but in these last few months it has been rare to spend even one night apart from him. It's like we have practically moved in together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    We used to only see each other once a week (if I was lucky) but in these last few months it has been rare to spend even one night apart from him. It's like we have practically moved in together!
    Lol. How long have you been together? Do you stay at each others houses or one of your houses? Just wondering lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)
    When I'm at home, every night to every other night depending. I don't want to invade his space too much! When I'm at university every 6/7 weeks or so when we are really busy but normally every 2-4 weeks. It goes from extreme to extreme.
    Not bad at all. How far is your university from home?

ReputationRep:
    Lol. How long have you been together? Do you stay at each others houses or one of your houses? Just wondering lol.
    2 years and a few months, I stay at his house most of the time- just because he prefers it over my flat, which to be fair so do I- my place is a tip. We do stay at my parents quite often though too- I swear they love him more than they love me! He goes round there for dinner sometimes when I'm busy with lectures!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    2 years and a few months, I stay at his house most of the time- just because he prefers it over my flat, which to be fair so do I- my place is a tip. We do stay at my parents quite often though too- I swear they love him more than they love me! He goes round there for dinner sometimes when I'm busy with lectures!
    Loool aww hes so lucky to have your family cooking for him. How did you two meet?

ReputationRep:
    Not bad at all. How far is your university from home?
    135 miles. Takes between two and a half to three hours to get between home and uni depending on the traffic.

ReputationRep:
    Loool aww hes so lucky to have your family cooking for him. How did you two meet?
    We met when we were at college. I became close friends with Toby (current boyfriend) and we would go to the cinema and hang out together. Eventually after a few months he made a move- on New Years Eve at Midnight- and we've been going out since

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.