Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

all my life I have been told I chat *******s, how do I stop this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    This is not just a TSR thing, I remember a guy in my Year 9 class saying, I chat a lot of *******s. It's funny because I have lots of professionals trying to convince me I am smart but I am not, or I would not profusely chat tripe on a regular basis. However, the fact I chatted *******s when 14 suggests this is not just limited to relationships. :/
    You do chat a load of sht, where are those links you promised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Well the way you are talking about it, it basically means that women want a mate who isn't useless, which is kind of obvious. Obviously the original meaning of the term is not obvious.
    not quite that simple, as a crude example if a man can run 3 miles but another can run 5 miles and play the ukulele, it's likely she'll develop feelings for the other more 'alpha' man despite the bond created by the 300km.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Yep, you just encapsulated riku. Don't get irritated, it's more amusing than anything in my opinion!

Yep, I'm a fresher! Though I have my own flat, so things are pretty calm

Haha, I'm constantly staying away or biting my tongue! Probably my biggest insecurity is that I'll hurt people so I drive them away or cut contact.

Ah, I have plans! I was going to go on an Orca research internship in NZ, but now my best friend of manyyyyyyyy years who I've been in love with forever but I don't get to see a whole lot as she's from Iowa is basically begging me to go to the Galapagos Islands with her. So, it's either driving boats around looking for and swimming with Orcas which I love love love, or great hot weather and sex and a 'chance' to make something, though I don't want to particularly ruin a friendship either! But then I don't want to let her down as she's pretty desperate for me to go And the Galapagos is a pretty exotic destination too! Not to mention, both options will cost an absolute fortune.... No idea what to do!
    you're a fresher? Thought you were a mature student well into one degree

ReputationRep:
    not quite that simple, as a crude example if a man can run 3 miles but another can run 5 miles and play the ukulele, it's likely she'll develop feelings for the other more 'alpha' man despite the bond created by the 300km.
    OK, I was misunderstanding. I haven't really thought about it, and I don't have a strong opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenarthra)
    You do chat a load of sht, where are those links you promised?
    will get em in a mo, sorry

ReputationRep:
    :nah: Any sane woman would run away to a distance of at least 10 miles to get away from the sea of testosterone and ukulele playing!

ReputationRep:
    will get em in a mo, sorry
    Are you chatting sht again?
    I understand why you hear this phrase alot now.

ReputationRep:
    ha, I will get them in a minute.

'chat ****'=/= lie/fail to uphold promise, =talk utter nonsense beyond belief and perhaps comprehension

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    OK, I was misunderstanding. I haven't really thought about it, and I don't have a strong opinion.
    I'm interested to know why PUA blogs are so crummy and full of horrible stories anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested to know why PUA blogs are so crummy and full of horrible stories anyway?
    I suppose they think that is the best way to relate to their target market.

ReputationRep:
    apologies for the delay

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/376321.stm

http://www.mensfitness.com/women/dat...choice-of-mate

https://apps.cla.umn.edu/directory/i...ion/286623.pdf

http://www.livescience.com/8779-fert...manly-men.html

I can PM you my Reddit thread, Reddit account has been burned so would rather it was kept quiet.

ReputationRep:
    apologies for the delay

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/376321.stm

http://www.mensfitness.com/women/dat...choice-of-mate

https://apps.cla.umn.edu/directory/i...ion/286623.pdf

http://www.livescience.com/8779-fert...manly-men.html

I can PM you my Reddit thread, Reddit account has been burned so would rather it was kept quiet.
    You chat sht man, said you would get them in a min.
    DOES THIS look like 1minute?
    Joke, ill take alook now.

ReputationRep:
    no it;'s not! However I don't know all the rules of life/the game/society etc. yet, so I still need to ask questions regarding them (like my other thread) so that I don't end up breaking any with my behaviour/attitudes etc.
    The big secret is no-one else does either, there's no reason why this Maker chap's opinion is gospel truth, he's probably just as much an idiot as any of the rest of us (sorry Maker!)

The best we can do when we post a threat online is get a sort of bellwether of the community, it's pointless combing every post trying to divine some hidden meaning.

ReputationRep:
    No, bonds are stronger than that. Similarly, I don't drop my girlfriend whenever someone hotter crosses my path. You must realise this hypergamy stuff doesn't really apply with relationships, it only applies to the sort of commoditised hook-up culture the PUAs who originated Red pill philosophy operated in.

Plus in real life people meet through shared activities or peer groups or friendship groups which means those people get a head start in terms of the bond over someone objectively "better" but who the girl doesn't know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.