Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before you find your SM, you have to be mature inside. IE) really know and be comfortable with who you are. Then you will radiate your true self outwards and your SM will pick up on that.

The relationship will stand a better chance of working out if both if you are mature inside

ReputationRep:
    Well this thread has been a nice morning read :^_^:

I personally am not sure whether I believe in soul mates or not but I'd like to think there is a such thing.

As for some other comments on the thread, lucid dreaming is amazing (but it doesn't always let me control the whole dream, although I know I'm dreaming) -_-. I've tried astral projection in the past but the furthest I've got is the vibrating stage and was too freaked out so it didn't work :'(

ReputationRep:
    Nah. And even if there were, the chances of finding "the one" out of 3.5 billion women is infinitesimally small. In reality you find somebody who works with you well enough, and then you both change eachother so you are an even better fit. But in the end you could always have fallen in love with someone else just as much.

ReputationRep:
    Soul mates are not a real thing, it is very good fortune if you happen to find someone you are deeply in love with and feel connected to, but that connection is love, and it is perfectly possible to fall out of love as well as in love without any reason at all. There is no reason to bring the supernatural into something that is so very natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenomorph)
    Err Hem , late 30s here ....
    I did say typical demographic.. bear in mind I am generalising here from the majority of what I've witnessed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Monogamy has been evident in pretty much every human society ever. I'm not saying it's the only system human's are interested in, but it's clearly something we have a propensity for. The reason is pretty clear, human babies are incredibly weak and helpless, so need two people are needed to raise them. I don't even know what you mean by saying it was invented to "chat nicely".

When I was single I liked shagging around as much as most guys, but if you're in love, monogamy isn't that hard. I know that it can feel like "I'd never feel strongly enough about someone to want to be monogamous", but that will probably change at some point. Whether you will actually stay feeling like that forever is the problem...
    men have never liked monogamy. It's against our nature, so to look nice we invented this word but we still have sex with more than just one woman. It's always been the same,from the prehistoric tribes to the president of the United States.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalMarine)
    men have never liked monogamy. It's against our nature, so to look nice we invented this word but we still have sex with more than just one woman. It's always been the same,from the prehistoric tribes to the president of the United
    States.
    Why would we care about "looking nice" when we've held virtually all the power in most societies in history? Not all people are monogamous, but most are in a happy, loving relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Why would we care about "looking nice" when we've held virtually all the power in most societies in history? Not all people are monogamous, but most are in a happy, loving relationship.
    Most if not all people cheat. Royals, republican presidents,democrats, emperors, football players,singers and students.

ReputationRep:
    You can find a soul mate when you find someone who complements you completely, loves, cares about you and would do anything for you.

ReputationRep:
    No. There'll be people who you'll love and at one point in your life you'll think you'll have met 'the one'. However sooner or later you'll find that either he's been having sex with other women or that you both don't click anymore. I'm still in love with my ex, he means everything to me, but we don't get on anymore. I thought he understood me as I could be completely my weird self around him. But then I realised he wasn't making me happy, I wasn't making him happy. So we ended it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kangie)
    Well this thread has been a nice morning read :^_^:

I personally am not sure whether I believe in soul mates or not but I'd like to think there is a such thing.

As for some other comments on the thread, lucid dreaming is amazing (but it doesn't always let me control the whole dream, although I know I'm dreaming) -_-. I've tried astral projection in the past but the furthest I've got is the vibrating stage and was too freaked out so it didn't work :'(
    Yeah when you start vibrating its such an odd feeling, It freaked me out the first time but if you continue you will not regret it also lucid dreaming is so weird cause most of the time you are aware but not 100% aware, like its odd cause you're like 60% aware like you know you're dreaming and you can change things but it still is very random to what happens

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a trend in this thread, the majority of males say soul mates are not real however the majority of females, if not all the females say they are real.

Its a nice comparison, but it makes me interested in why in why the majority of males don't think they are real, I'm a male and I wholeheartedly believe in them

ReputationRep:
    To those trying to convince OP that souls/etc don't exist: give up. Trying to convince an irrational person about something with rational arguments is truly irrational.

ReputationRep:
    Just because in this thread there are more guys saying something does not even make for a statistic, what you're suggesting (that women believe versus guys don't) has no ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanueladiana)
    To those trying to convince OP that souls/etc don't exist: give up. Trying to convince an irrational person about something with rational arguments is truly irrational.
    Just because you may not believe in the existence of souls or anything likewise, does not make it irrational. Some of the greatest theories/discoveries were considered irrational... yet that by no means meant it was unreal.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeh001ptDgo
    Sure thing buddy.
    You make it out that souls are not real, when in fact they are very much real, you are just very naive.

ReputationRep:
    Just because in this thread there are more guys saying something does not even make for a statistic, what you're suggesting (that women believe versus guys don't) has no ground.
    You seem like a very bitter person, I was just stating something which is obvious in this thread, I'm not saying its a legit statistic, I'm just saying in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monlakh)
    Just because you may not believe in the existence of souls or anything likewise, does not make it irrational. Some of the greatest theories/discoveries were considered irrational... yet that by no means meant it was unreal.
    I don't have anything against believing anything if it makes you feel better (if believing in God makes you a better person, then great).

And yes, your argument about true theories being considered absurd is good, yet those theories were prove at some point, and until then, it's only natural to consider them false. We can't assume every theory ever made by anyone is true, because then unicorns are true, Harry really killed Voldemort and a ghost is sitting behind me watching me type.

So as long as souls can't be proved with scientific methods, they do not exist. You are free to believe in them as your own personal opinion, the same way I believe that I am in fact a pink unicorn. How can you prove I am not! Nobody know if unicorns can write or not, after all.

Accepting every theory might mean that 1% of the entire theories are true, but you can't separate them from the rest. It'd mean giving free hand to all the mentally retarded and crazy people to make officially true their hallucinations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryJRussell)
    Yeah when you start vibrating its such an odd feeling, It freaked me out the first time but if you continue you will not regret it also lucid dreaming is so weird cause most of the time you are aware but not 100% aware, like its odd cause you're like 60% aware like you know you're dreaming and you can change things but it still is very random to what happens
    Have you astral projected before? If so, do you have any tips on how to get onto the astral planes because I've been trying for AGES since my vibration encounter but have never got there. I think that was around a year ago, but as I lucid dream a few times a week is there anyway in getting from the lucid dream into astral projection?

I looked up some information a while ago but can't really remember

ReputationRep:
    I don't have anything against believing anything if it makes you feel better (if believing in God makes you a better person, then great).

And yes, your argument about true theories being considered absurd is good, yet those theories were prove at some point, and until then, it's only natural to consider them false. We can't assume every theory ever made by anyone is true, because then unicorns are true, Harry really killed Voldemort and a ghost is sitting behind me watching me type.

So as long as souls can't be proved with scientific methods, they do not exist. You are free to believe in them as your own personal opinion, the same way I believe that I am in fact a pink unicorn. How can you prove I am not! Nobody know if unicorns can write or not, after all.

Accepting every theory might mean that 1% of the entire theories are true, but you can't separate them from the rest. It'd mean giving free hand to all the mentally retarded and crazy people to make officially true their hallucinations!
    I don't quite know how believing in god makes me a better person- as I don't. but ok. I was merely stating -regardless of proving them or not- that someones beliefs or faith, does not make them an 'irrational person' (your words, not mine).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.