Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Walcott has been piss poor carrying the ball. He's got pace he should stride with the ball instead of trying to cut in all the time. It's frustrating to see with Walcott because his finishing is there and pace is there and if he worked on it he could be a really influential player if he worked on his ball control in tight areas and his dribbling. He's only really effective in the final third next to the goal from what I see as he ****s up everywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    No, it really, really is.
    Gimpy looking shirt wearers sipping champagne and eating Christmas ****ing dinner on the train to an away

Our home fans are ****, but we aren't that ffs.
    Haha, don't hate our upper middle classness, "we pay your BENEFITS!!!"

Can't wait for the home countries referendum where we ditch the rest of the country

ReputationRep:
    Ospina is just a breath of fresh air, I don't **** my pants when the ball is passed back to him like with Szs, sure he hasn't had to face much, but is it more that he's just very good at making things simple and not making stupid mistakes

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention but if Bellerin continues to develop like this then in a few years time I can honestly see him becoming the best rb in the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Haha, don't hate our upper middle classness, "we pay your BENEFITS!!!"

Can't wait for the home countries referendum where we ditch the rest of the country
    Are you honestly not ashamed by that though? I would be.

I would be intimidated to cheer a Villa goal in most clubs' home ends but I'd be surrounded by people wearing onesies & using selfie sticks at The Emirates I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    I would be intimidated to cheer a Villa goal in most clubs' home ends but I'd be surrounded by people wearing onesies & using selfie sticks at The Emirates I reckon.
    That's true for most of the top Premier League teams like Chelsea and United. So many tourists. It's cack.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Strong tackle that by Sanchez

ReputationRep:
    I miss the old Benteke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    That's true for most of the top Premier League teams like Chelsea and United. So many tourists. It's cack.
    Yep, that is true. Bit worse in London though and more so, Arsenal. MU & Chelsea still have a core of nutcases, as do other London clubs.

These ain't tourists though, these are Arsenal's top boyz :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Are you honestly not ashamed by that though? I would be.

Why would I be ashamed that my club is inclusive and has a strong family following rather than just a load of football hooligans? Sure the champagne is overkill, but it's 3 days before Christmas what's wrong with a fan treating their family to day out to an away game?

Selfie stick point is a bit ridiculous considering they're banned at the Emirates but not at Villa Park as far as I'm aware

Edit: having said that there aren't many things funnier than being at the Emirates with a middle class dad and their 5 year old kid sitting next to you, where they constantly try shouting at the players in the most middle class child friendly way "come on boys, we keep losing the ball", great entertainment
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just awful Benteke, he would normally bury that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    LMAO

Spoiler:
    Show
    That's racist still:rolleyes:
    Lol but is true, he does look like him!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Why would I be ashamed that my club is inclusive and has a strong family following rather than just a load of football hooligans? Sure the champagne is overkill, but it's 3 days before Christmas what's wrong with a fan treating their family to day out to an away game?
    You don't have to be hooligans. I'm not a hooligan. I went our match before Christmas as well, took Daddy Wilf. We just went for a beer though :cool:

Selfie stick point is a bit ridiculous considering they're banned at the Emirates but not at Villa Park as far as I'm aware
    Why would we need to ban something that doesn't exist?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Actually having some pressure here, but this is where Arsenal will get a second

ReputationRep:
    lovely.

Thats better.

Walcott and ozil - oh how we have wanted these two players to be able to play together... great to see it now result in a goal.

Game over now.. finally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to be hooligans. I'm not a hooligan. I went our match before Christmas as well, took Daddy Wilf. We just went for a beer though :cool:

Why would we need to ban something that doesn't exist?
    Daddy Wilf love it

They represent one area of our fanbase, the family touriist supporters, they are annoying at times but that doesn't mean they aren't good fans so long as they are loyal.

Doesn't exist? Maybe the technology is just too advanced it hasn't reached the slums of Birmingham yet

Get in 2-0, Mesut you beauty

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone bet on arsenal there is no point imo as the odds are so low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    called it.

ReputationRep:
    brilliantly placed ball by Ozil. difficult shot that.

but WTF was that celebration

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.