What's your team of the season for 2014-15? Watch

leinad2012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Shed End)
*Hazard by an absolute mile
True, but don't most systems only play with 1 st and 2 wingers?

I think people are missing my point. I'm not slamming Costa, I'm saying criticism of Giroud is simply laughable.

In a 1 striker system based on form this year you pick Kane, but the 2nd option isn't clear cut, you could choose any of Costa, Giroud, even Austin or Aguero.
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Depleted)
-You won 2-0, he scored the second
-Fair enough
- Lol. Guy scored in 96th min at 2-0 down
- Scored 3rd goal in a 3-0 win against a heavily weakened City sude
Sorry, you included a goal that meant **** all in the Spurs game and a deflection in a lc final so I thought we were purely mentioning goals against top 6 sides as opposed to ones that mattered a lot in context....
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Only one better striker in reality and that's Kane.
Completely agree, in a 1 man st line up you'd pick Kane, but there are a lot of plausible options for 2nd choice, Austin, Giroud, Costa, Aguero are all viable choices, none should be mocked
Depleted
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
Yes, I personally believe Coquelin has saved Arsenal's CL ambitions, and has been our stand-out player since he returned from his loan. It appears to be your bias that means you view him as an awful 'Charlton' player, even though most people agree he has been phenomenal. I wouldn't have Matic in my team of the season because he has been uncharacteristically average in the past few games, and he is an aggressive (dare I say dirty) player, part of the reason I selected Aguero ahead of Costa.
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/38128

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/697...ancis-Coquelin

Coquelin averages 3.4 tackles a game, Matic 4.1 tackles.

That's taking into account Matic has played CL teams (and actually excelled there), whilst Coquelin has played in the Championship too. Even looking at Coquelin's PL stats when he's essentially played on form (I.e above his usual level) and he's still got less impressive stats than a whole season of Matic (including troughs in form). Not to mention Schneiderlin's which you can find in the Arsenal thread. So just lol.
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
DDG

Ivanovic Terry Kosc Monreal

Matic Sneiderlain/Fab

Sanchez David Silva Hazard
Kane
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by leinad2012)
Sorry, you included a goal that meant **** all in the Spurs game and a deflection in a lc final so I thought we were purely mentioning goals against top 6 sides as opposed to ones that mattered a lot in context....
It didn't mean **** all considering it gave them the lead. The result has no bearing on this but when was the last time Giroud scored the first goal in a big game? If ever?
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It didn't mean **** all considering it gave them the lead. The result has no bearing on this but when was the last time Giroud scored the first goal in a big game? If ever?
Ahh sorry, I forgot the criterion had now changed for him from "scoring in a big game" to "scoring the first goal"....

Edit: Oh and Monaco last week....
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Love how pretty much much every non-Chelsea fan puts Ivanovic in their team though, yet no Chelsea fans do...
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Love how pretty much much every non-Chelsea fan puts Ivanovic in their team though, yet no Chelsea fans do...
To fair fair I've done what I hate and put in a defender based on attacking ability, but RB isn't exactly a strong position in the league this year
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only Clyne is really worth it for me.
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To fair fair I've done what I hate and put in a defender based on attacking ability, but RB isn't exactly a strong position in the league this year
Clyne...
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Probably to do with him being a utility defender (he can pretty much do a job anywhere along the back-line which is extremely rare) and his canny ability to score an important goal. It's a bit like Skrtel last season, who wasn't as impressive as Sakho, but he scored about 8 goals so everyone assumes he's the better player.

That said, Skrtel's had a much better season this year despite scoring only one. Funny how these things work.
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Clyne...
Point. Proven.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Completely agree, in a 1 man st line up you'd pick Kane, but there are a lot of plausible options for 2nd choice, Austin, Giroud, Costa, Aguero are all viable choices, none should be mocked
Tbh system wise Costa works better, faster, works the channels better and strength, Aguero has more technique and can also work the channels.

DDG

Ivanovic Terry Kosc Monreal

Matic Sneiderlain/Fab

Sanchez David Silva Hazard
Kane
No to Ivanovic and Monreal(Bertrand, Azpi and Clyne are the best fullbacks this season)
Yeah guy is living off that 'rock solid defender' reputation he garnered around 2010-13 but since no neutral bothers to watch Chelsea but makes opinions over their players I can't say I'm surprised with this.

Attacking ability aka being a great indirect set piece threat and a few odd goals in open play after spending the rest of the game providing terrible crosses that fail to get past the first man
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
x
plug
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah guy is living off that 'rock solid defender' reputation he garnered around 2010-13 but since no neutral bothers to watch Chelsea but makes opinions over their players I can't say I'm surprised with this.
To be fair I've even see Chelsea fans change their opinions in the last few weeks from despising him playing to being our 'most important player'. He's scored some brilliant and important goals for us and I love him, he's in my top 3 Chelsea all time right backs with Ferreira and Petrescu in his prime, but he's absolutely atrocious as a 'rock-solid' defender. At least Cahill gets the occasional block in and takes one for the team, the way Roberston got past him for Hull's first goal was playground stuff.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To be fair I've even see Chelsea fans change their opinions in the last few weeks from despising him playing to being our 'most important player'. He's scored some brilliant and important goals for us and I love him, he's in my top 3 Chelsea all time right backs with Ferreira and Petrescu in his prime, but he's absolutely atrocious as a 'rock-solid' defender. At least Cahill gets the occasional block in and takes one for the team, the way Roberston got past him for Hull's first goal was playground stuff.
Yeah that is true he gets important goals. I don't know he polarises me a little bit, defo better as a CB than a RB personally but he should not be starting at RB when Azpi is there.
Rigbi123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
De gea, ivanovic,koscieleny,terry,Monrea l,schniederlein,fabregas,cazorla ,hazard,Sanchez,Kane
subs:lloris,aguero,matic,Henders on,Bertrand,Rooney,Milner
am_blue
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
De Gea

Clyne Fonte Terry Bertrand

Matic

Silva Fabregas Hazard

Kane Costa

Edit: Azpilicueta has been class all season, but we all know that. I've chosen Bertrand because he's the most improved full back along with Clyne this season.
am_blue
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ivanovic was world-class last season, he's been bad by his standards this season (he's been caught out far too many times). It's not his tackling that's the problem, the first Hull goal won't ever happen again, it's his positioning that's the problem. He needs to know when to go forward and when to stay back. If the opposition have the ball in our half, he should be racing back and marking their player on his side.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.06%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.12%
Yes but I might change my mind (38)
16.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed