The Student Room Group

why do A-Level Students Look Down on BTEC's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thecatwithnohat
Of course, how can I forget? :biggrin:

Ohh yeww :colondollar:

Everyone should remember my name :proud: :teehee:
Original post by MissLalaxx
No just Ireland but it's so unfair because we don't do normal maths we do "project maths" they give you instructions then you have to "build" your question before you can work it out. Pile of bull**** and the way it's worded is so confusing as well. I'm just going to to do A level Maths instead.

I did get a bit skeptical about project maths at first and yeah it does sound like a nightmare.. But there's nothing more satisfying than completing something that you'd deem difficult :proud:

That reminds me.. I need o do a few C1 and FP3 papers later :sad:
Original post by Binary Freak
Ohh yeww :colondollar:

Everyone should remember my name :proud: :teehee:

But what is my name? :pierre:

If you've forgotten I will find you, and I will kick your computer.
I did get a bit skeptical about project maths at first and yeah it does sound like a nightmare.. But there's nothing more satisfying than completing something that you'd deem difficult :proud:

That reminds me.. I need o do a few C1 and FP3 papers later :sad:

Yeah it's a pile of **** traditional maths is the best thing ever! Awww I wish you the best, I'll be in your shoes next year. I'll have to do some research as I don't know what C1 and FP3 Papers are.:confused:
By doing A levels we are working so much harder than those doing BTEC's so I don't see why we should then be treated the same as people who have never worked that hard. Plus the sheer amount of work better prepares you for university since that is a huge amount of work.
Also from experience I found that btecs were for people who didn't meet there sixth form offers and were basically left with no choice but to do thay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But what is my name? :pierre:

If you've forgotten I will find you, and I will kick your computer.

You never told me your name :pierre:

If you have then I have indeed forgotten :bawling:

My computer is on a rack since I'm using a rackmount PC :smug:
Original post by frances98
By doing A levels we are working so much harder than those doing BTEC's so I don't see why we should then be treated the same as people who have never worked that hard. Plus the sheer amount of work better prepares you for university since that is a huge amount of work.
Also from experience I found that btecs were for people who didn't meet there sixth form offers and were basically left with no choice but to do thay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most sixth forms and colleges have the same offers on the BTEC courses. You're probably thinking about level 2 as opposed to level 3.
It's very dynamic so it differs everywhere. I thought so.. I was always under the impression Scotland and Ireland offered it.

I wouldn't worry about the rant.. Given the opportunity I'd probably spend the rest of the night ranting about Mathematics :colondollar:

:hi:

You remember my name :ahee:

Haha.. I just wish it was more time.. But I'm managing that 70% I think :colone:

That's excellent :gthumb:

Oh that's good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You never told me your name :pierre:

If you have then I have indeed forgotten :bawling:

My computer is on a rack since I'm using a rackmount PC :smug:

Ah, I see that I was a quite mysterious dark horse back in the day (a month ago) too eh? :colone:

I'll prod it quite violently with a stick, don't test me.
Most sixth forms and colleges have the same offers on the BTEC courses. You're probably thinking about level 2 as opposed to level 3.

No a friend missed her offers for health and social, geography and psychology a levels so shes doing a level 3 health and social btec at a college not sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it's a pile of **** traditional maths is the best thing ever! Awww I wish you the best, I'll be in your shoes next year. I'll have to do some research as I don't know what C1 and FP3 Papers are.:confused:

Thanks and good luck to you too! :smile:

C1 is AS Mathematics.. That's the first module/unit you do and FP3 is A2 Further Mathematics I believe :smile:
Ah, I see that I was a quite mysterious dark horse back in the day (a month ago) too eh? :colone:

I'll prod it quite violently with a stick, don't test me.

Just a little.. But check you now.. 5 gems 12 followers :dance:

You like reptiles?!?!?!? :grin:

With a stick? Can't it be with something more shabby
Thanks and good luck to you too! :smile:

C1 is AS Mathematics.. That's the first module/unit you do and FP3 is A2 Further Mathematics I believe :smile:

Thank you. Oh my head hurts ahah I'll have to head over to my local sixth form or college.
Thank you. Oh my head hurts ahah I'll have to head over to my local sixth form or college.

It'd probably be advantageous if you found out about them in advance.. But C1 isn't too difficult :smile:
Original post by frances98
No a friend missed her offers for health and social, geography and psychology a levels so shes doing a level 3 health and social btec at a college not sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right.. Then that college is probably sub-par.. I feel for her..
It'd probably be advantageous if you found out about them in advance.. But C1 isn't too difficult :smile:

Okay that's good to know and I will. Thank you!:smile:
Okay that's good to know and I will. Thank you!:smile:

No problem.. S1 is what you need to look out for.. Never done it but I've heard S1 is what ALWAYS drags people down :smile:
No problem.. S1 is what you need to look out for.. Never done it but I've heard S1 is what ALWAYS drags people down :smile:

S1 I'll google that now. I've done a lot worse I'm sure so I should be able to handle it but thanks for briefing me. I should be fine hopefully.
Just a little.. But check you now.. 5 gems 12 followers :dance:

You like reptiles?!?!?!? :grin:

With a stick? Can't it be with something more shabby

I know, I'm growing :fan: I don't see the point in followers anyway. But look at you with your 69 :woo:

I only joined because I like tortoises :rolleyes:

I'll start off gently, my chainsaw will come next...
3A*s in A level physics, maths and further maths is worth 420 UCAS points
3D*s in any BTEC level 3 is worth 420 UCAS points

One is far harder than the other and requires so much more effort, yet they're branded the same for some unknown reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending