cfath123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by esmemay)
I'm Esme :-) It went okay, I couldn't really tell to be honest! I got asked so many questions and I didn't really know how to answer some of them! But I guess it couldn't have gone too badly or they wouldn't have offered me a place. How about you?
We could add each other on Facebook if you wanted? Might be easier to talk haha. I was originally going to do Fine Art but swapped to drawing. I had a phone interview with Isolde. Well done on getting a place
esmemay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cfath123)
We could add each other on Facebook if you wanted? Might be easier to talk haha. I was originally going to do Fine Art but swapped to drawing. I had a phone interview with Isolde. Well done on getting a place
Yeah sure! My last name is Bone yeah I was torn between fine art and illustration so thought the drawing was a good inbetween!
charlottei
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by George_Murph)
I actually feel the same- the vibe was just so chill and the people were so lovely- I felt like my interviews went well but I was the same- i'd have been gutted if I didn't get accepted!
The only problem had was how far away it was- not so much because I think I'm ever going to be homesick but more because it's inconvenient to get to and from for holidays but I don't see it as a big deal now really
This is the reason I didn't go to the open day too and so I never got to see the accommodation which is annoying. A friend said it looked good but I just wish I could have had a wander around the student village before applying there.
Yeah everyone was really nice when I visited too.

And that was a bit of an issue for me as well... actually it seems to be the issue for most people, being so out of the way. It was a bit tricky for me to get the open day as well - it's over a 6 hour drive for me - but I can assure you I got a really good feeling walking around Glasney.

Where are you coming from?
George_Murph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by charlottei)
Yeah everyone was really nice when I visited too.

And that was a bit of an issue for me as well... actually it seems to be the issue for most people, being so out of the way. It was a bit tricky for me to get the open day as well - it's over a 6 hour drive for me - but I can assure you I got a really good feeling walking around Glasney.

Where are you coming from?
Haha yeah its about the same for me- coming from south west Wales.

What about you?
charlottei
Rep:
?
Haha yeah its about the same for me- coming from south west Wales.

What about you?
I live in Greater Manchester, so it's a bit of a trek. Although saying that, on the open day there was a guy who had come down from the north of Scotland, so I guess I can't complain!
Failinis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eart95)
I've accepted an unconditional offer for the BA Film at Falmouth and I really hope to get a room in Glasney too! I'll have to share because of budget, though...
I can't wait to begin the course, even though I'm a bit nervous about moving to a different country (coming from Italy), but the atmosphere at Falmouth seemed very warm and welcoming. This thread helps too: thanks for opening it!
You are moving from quite far away! I got the feeling the atmosphere there was nice too so should not be so bad

I actually feel the same- the vibe was just so chill and the people were so lovely- I felt like my interviews went well but I was the same- i'd have been gutted if I didn't get accepted!
The only problem had was how far away it was- not so much because I think I'm ever going to be homesick but more because it's inconvenient to get to and from for holidays but I don't see it as a big deal now really
This is the reason I didn't go to the open day too and so I never got to see the accommodation which is annoying. A friend said it looked good but I just wish I could have had a wander around the student village before applying there.
Yeah I was a bit worried about how hard it is to get home during the holidays but I will tackle that when the time comes. If I am home sick, no choice but to stick it out really.

September feels miles away though - this summer will fly in.
Pocamora
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi has anyone else received an email saying that applications for single rooms in Glasney were full?
Guess I got my application in too late so I'm a bit gutted

(I'm Poppy by the way planning to do Textile Design!)
charlottei
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pocamora)
Hi has anyone else received an email saying that applications for single rooms in Glasney were full?
Guess I got my application in too late so I'm a bit gutted

(I'm Poppy by the way planning to do Textile Design!)
No, I haven't got the email. :/ That's so scary though! I'm so keen on getting a single room in Glasney...

Do you mind me asking when you sent your application?

Also hi, nice to meet you. I've always really liked the name Poppy aha.
Ellie~
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just accepted my place at Falmouth for Television! I haven't even applied for accommodation yet I would if UCAS would send me the email confirming my place... doubt I'll be getting Glasney, haha.
charlottei
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellie~)
Just accepted my place at Falmouth for Television! I haven't even applied for accommodation yet I would if UCAS would send me the email confirming my place... doubt I'll be getting Glasney, haha.
:hello: Hey, and congratulations! Yeah apparently the Glasney single rooms are already full, which is crazy considering applications only opened a few days ago. :/
Ellie~
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:hello: Hey, and congratulations! Yeah apparently the Glasney single rooms are already full, which is crazy considering applications only opened a few days ago. :/
Yeah, I thought I'd have at least a bit more time :/ But I suppose with the campus being shared with Exeter, it's double the competition. I'm hoping for The Sidings now, or at least a shared room in Glasney :P
charlottei
Rep:
?
Yeah, I thought I'd have at least a bit more time :/ But I suppose with the campus being shared with Exeter, it's double the competition. I'm hoping for The Sidings now, or at least a shared room in Glasney :P
Yeah that's why I was so keen to get my application in quickly! :/ I guess there's nothing you can do if UCAS haven't confirmed your place yet though.

Actually if you look up a bit someone already studying at Falmouth said that apparently The Sidings is much nicer, which I wasn't aware of! So maybe that would be okay. Plus if you do end up sharing, there's always the chance you'll get put with someone you'll get along with really well.
Ellie~
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah that's why I was so keen to get my application in quickly! :/ I guess there's nothing you can do if UCAS haven't confirmed your place yet though.

Actually if you look up a bit someone already studying at Falmouth said that apparently The Sidings is much nicer, which I wasn't aware of! So maybe that would be okay. Plus if you do end up sharing, there's always the chance you'll get put with someone you'll get along with really well.
Well, good luck with getting a single room at Glasney! I'm sure if you already have your application in there's still a chance you've got it. Yeah, I'm refreshing my email constantly I hope it does work out if I share. I shared my room with my sister for about 6 years so I'm used to it :rolleyes:
charlottei
Rep:
?
Well, good luck with getting a single room at Glasney! I'm sure if you already have your application in there's still a chance you've got it. Yeah, I'm refreshing my email constantly I hope it does work out if I share. I shared my room with my sister for about 6 years so I'm used to it :rolleyes:
Thank you! Yeah I sent it off on the day it opened so I'm crossing my fingers. I just hope I get a response soon - on the email I got confirming I'd applied they said it could take up to a month. :/

Haha aww yeah I guess it wouldn't come as as much of a shock to you! I'm an only child so it would be a pretty big change for me.

Are you having to travel far (like virtually everyone on here seems to be)?
Ellie~
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah, you'll be fine then As long as I got on with my roommate I'd be cool with it. Plus, there's always the chance of getting a single room if one becomes available. Yup, I'm coming from London Apparently there are loads of people from London so at least I won't be alone in my struggle lol. Where are you coming from?
charlottei
Rep:
?
Ah, you'll be fine then As long as I got on with my roommate I'd be cool with it. Plus, there's always the chance of getting a single room if one becomes available. Yup, I'm coming from London Apparently there are loads of people from London so at least I won't be alone in my struggle lol. Where are you coming from?
That's true actually.
And yeah, I've heard quite a few coming from London as well! I wonder why it's so popular with Londoners? I'm coming from Greater Manchester, so it's a bit of a trek for me too... a good 6 hours down the motorway, haha. Definitely with it though.
Ellie~
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have no idea, to be honest. Maybe something to do with wanting a change from a city? That was one of my reasons, anyway. It's around 6 hours for me too, driving but the trains are just as slow for some reason. I don't mind much... my parents do, but they're willing to put up with it
charlottei
Rep:
?
I have no idea, to be honest. Maybe something to do with wanting a change from a city? That was one of my reasons, anyway. It's around 6 hours for me too, driving but the trains are just as slow for some reason. I don't mind much... my parents do, but they're willing to put up with it
Yeah I can imagine it is a pretty significant change coming from London! I must say the out-of-the-way-ness does really appeal to me though. I'm lucky enough to be able to beg a lift off my parents - for now anyway! I'm really glad I don't have to take the train, that must take forever.
Pocamora
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I haven't got the email. :/ That's so scary though! I'm so keen on getting a single room in Glasney...

Do you mind me asking when you sent your application?

Also hi, nice to meet you. I've always really liked the name Poppy aha.
Hiya I sent my application on the 10th I think? Then the email was sent on the same day.
I rang the accommodation office and the lady there was super lovely! Apparently they just wanted to inform us of the situation so nothing is 100% certain yet

nice to meet you too! thank you! I'm guessing your name is Charlotte? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Failinis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just checked if there a branch of my bank in Falmouth, there is not so I think I may change to one which is in there - I feel better if I could talk to someone face to face if anything messes up.
I will wait till my EMA stops paying in then change - I hope it does not mess up my student finance, I will be calling them and letting them know the change of my account.
Oh well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads